1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

AC Milan V The Champions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hooperman, Sep 17, 2004.

Discuss AC Milan V The Champions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Hope that * Galliani realises his team arn't the only ones with a proud history of winning
    Come on the Hoops We have surely been humbled by Barca but I'm sure we learnt a hard lesson and get into them Ities in the time honoured fashion of an attack minded Celtic team
    The young Marshall in goal was an inspiration to the team and I think as long as we take control of the Mid field which was surely lacking last game and not defend to deeply
    well who knows

2. dbhoy

we need at least a draw out of this game and i think we can get it. Hope we don't sit back and defend we should go for the jugalar the minute the whistle goes get right into them and don't allow them to pass the ball around at a slow pace.

1-1 will do.

hope chris sutton makes the starting line up he was pure class against barca.

MON THE HOOPS

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye I think Sutty will start, and im also reasonably confident (blimey I bet your thinking). Milan for their standards are going through a rough patch at the moment and im hoping we can take advantage of this. A draw would be OK, but after the home loss to Barca im hoping for a win.

2-2 MON THE HOOPS

4. dbhoy

if we get a point i think we will go through i know in my heart we will win our 2 home games and we should beat that shakster away that's 10pts and that will put us through.

5. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Our away form in Europe speaks for itself, we really are a shambles away from home. Travelling away to Shakhtar will be no easy task and I think it would be great to come away with a win. The 10-20,000 we're bringing to the Nou Camp I think will help us fair a lot better there aswell..

All we can do is hope for the best.

6. willie

I'm heading out to Milan tomorrow, more in hope than anything else. Realistically I can't see us getting any kind of result and I think we are in a fight for third place, so hopefully Henrik and his pals will do us a good turn. Only chance we have is if they underestimate us a la Blackburn, Vigo, Stuttgart and Barca last season. Here's hoping.

7. dbhoy

Better watch yourself out there hope were not gonna see any of this crap going on altough i have been told by loads of people there fans are a disgrace.

8. dbhoy

ffs there team is scarey on paper :icon_eek:

9. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    yes a would say a draw to bhoys 1-1 and a hope the ref deals with things this lot like to dive about aswell. hope lennybhoy put's wee gatusso in his place
    c'mon the hoops

10. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Right my thought about the game tonight are

(1) i would like too see a win but that's going to be hard for Celtic to win away in the Champions League against AC Milan but i still think we can come out with a win ( well i hope so) i would like the score to be 2-0 Celtic because that would set us up nicely for the home leg against AC Milan.

(2) I would not mind a draw but then that put's Celtic in a nervous home leg against AC Milan and there4 could see a defeat at home to AC Milan ( i hope that does not happen)

(3) Are the players recovered from the Barca game? I think they will be up for this as they are every game in the Champions League and i think that they have recoverd.

lets ALL hope the Bhoys bag 3 points in tonights game :icon_mrgr

Hail!! Hail!!
    Larsson97_04

11. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Kind of agree, kind of dont.. To be truthful im not sure we can get a win, looking at our last 2 season away from home in the CL: Played 6: Lost 6 and the San Siro against Milan isnt the easiest place to break that duck. A draw for me would be a great result.

12. Mark

I feel quietly confident going into this match for some reason - possibly because we almost 'need' a win to keep on track of making the last 16. Otherwise it will be very difficult (but certainly NOT impossible!)

A draw will be satisfactory although would still need to pick more away points - and beat Milan at home, to qualify.

As usual before CL games, it's all ifs and buts!

BUT IF we play well and get some luck, we will get the three points!

13. Dubsbhoy Banned!

pure * pish in the first half can't believe were only 1 down.

hope we get fired up for the second half cos the heads are down and nobody looks like they wanna win the game except lennon.

C'mon the *

14. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    What a back-breaker.. That's terrible. Was listening on the radio, so I don't know if they're great goals or anything

15. Mark

Oh my *.

Same old Celtic - couldn't hold the nerve for the last few mins!

Only 3 to go this time. Why Why Why???

We did well the second half and looked like we could have nicked it. But just our * luck.

All we can do is forget it. We NEED to get 6 from Shaktar AND beat Milan at home if we want to have a chance of the last 16. I think we have the capabilities to do that.

Shaktar look the weakest in the group but if we play well - like 40 mins of the second half vs. Milan, then we will beat them. And with Milan, well they look dangerous but we can beat them at home.

Just remember fholks, it's NOT over. Teams have lost 2 games in the CL and qualified comfortably before. I'm not saying this is what we will do, but we can still make the last 16. Let's forget about this defeat and look forward to going to Ukraine and getting some points on the table.

Come on the Hoops!

16. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    To be honest lads I try to remain optimistic I really do, but I think its over.. Realisticly the only way we can qualify is if we dont lose another game and with us going away to the Nou Camp-I cant see it happening. Not too sure if we'll get 3 away in Shakhtar either, we need to get rid of dead wood at the club and for the first ever time I have to question O'Neills decisions regarding transfers in the pre-season. When Milan bring on Inzaghi and Rui Costa whilst we bring on Momo * Sylla you know theres something wrong. Valgaeren is *, I really dont know why he plays.

Im trying to look on the bright side, but im finding it harder and harder.

Mon the hoops

17. BB Banned!

same * different season......

that about sums it up....

same team as last time that werent good enough.....with the addition of Camara who wouldnt exactly get top class opposition quaking with fear..A defender scored our goal...that says it all...

Time to wake up and see it how it is...no investment = no return.

Will be lucky to get into the uefa cup...
    Now need about 6 or 7 top quality players never mind the ones MON said we needed last year (and they didnt appear).

What else can we expect?

18. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Too right, I really think we need a mass clean out at CP and start spening the money, I myself would ditch Valgaeren, Sylla, Laursen, Hedman, Camara, Fernandez, Lambert, Petta and possibly Hartson. We really do need to bring in some CL quality, Camara and Juninho may be a hit in the SPL but its not the same in Europe.

19. BB Banned!

totally agree...spl is no comparison...

I would clear right out...get rid of sylla,hedman,laursen,camara,fernandez(remember him),lambert(no sentiment in sport),hartson too...doesnt do too much in my books...think MOn knows this and wont give him a new contract...pity we wont get * all for him...who else can go??...varga(not CL in my bbok),valgaeren,
    Only problem is noone of CL quality will want to come to Celtic and anyway we wouldnt spend the money as there isnever any there to spend...

Feeling very * confused...no money for players so lets bring in pish like camara who will do a trick in the spl,juninho has not proved anything yet either and let all theyoungsters walk out the * door to the rest of the spl teams and not play the others cos Sylla is there?????????

Why not ditch the youth set up altogethere...doing us * all good at the moment anyway...might be able to save a few bob to buy a decent player.

I also think we need a decent keeper...Marshall is ok but needs to be brought on right..If MOn hasno prblems with bringing in youngsters why not bring on mcgeady or wallace instead of sylla tonite if Marshall is deemed ok to play...

20. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    For me, McGeady wouldve been the ideal replacement for Hartson but instead Momo comes on.. As soon as his number was shown in the CSC I was at there were immedietley moans and groans, I cant understand how he still plays for us. Also wouldve brought on Wallace when thommo went off injured, he scored 3 in the CIS and then gets dropped for the follwoing game-whats up with that!?