1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Aberdeen v Celtic - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 ko(Live on SS1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 30, 2016.

Discuss Aberdeen v Celtic - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 ko(Live on SS1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Diggler

Just thinking about it this morning and realised that yet again we concede more than 1 goal in a big game. This season in europe from the play off on we conceded 2 goals in every game(except fenerbache away in a meaningless game), we have conceded 2 against aberdeen in both our visits to pittodrie and 3 in the league cup semi on sunday. I think it is pretty clear where our problems lie. And people can claim about van dijk all they want we conceded multiple goals in big games last year as well, our only clean sheet in europe was home to dinamo zagreb.

Its seems obvious to me that ronny is so rigid in formation and tactics that when we come up against a decent team with a tactically astute manager we are picked off and concede for fun. Its really got beyond a joke now and there is no doubt ronny will be off in the summer, its who replaces him is where the problem lies.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Have to admit, how easy it is for teams to beat us, doesn't even need to be anything special.

I said last night, managers just need to say let them pass the baw aboot in the middle of the park, they'll make a mistake, just wait.

Actually Paddy Power's wee facebook post summed it up, with about 10 headers and boots up the park within a space of about 20 seconds, joke.

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Remember at the time when that happened in the game, thinking * is goin on here! Head tennis in the SPFL top of the table clash! Embarrassing stuff

4. CharlieMulgrini

Even more embarrassing was the HOOF ball tactic we employed most of the evening, as if Griffiths - our most potent threat - is going to be admiring and benefiting from that *.

Writing is on the wall after last night for RD. I know I'm not alone in feeling that I can't wait to see the back of him. He rates Ambrose, Johansen and GMS/ McGregor and Boyata as Celtic class. Ronny Deila is a moron. We need a clever manager, with good man management skills.

I'm not absolutely against this idea of bringing WGS back to steady the ship till we can appoint a better manager.

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

5. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hope this puts the '4-4-2' idea to bed. Aberdeen dominated us when we changed to that last night.

6. CharlieMulgrini

Metrobhoy,

It was a desperate lunge of a 4-4-2, with a CB and Striker who were only just in the door.

How the * can you write off a formation based on about 40 minutes of * football, led by a * manager?

Celtic must play 2 up against Scottish teams. I will not budge from that opinion that literally MILLIONS share.

Ridiculous logic, Metrobhoy.

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Absolute nonsense Charlie. Nobody plays with 2 central midfielders because they're up against 3.

It was no fluke last night that we had the whole first half bar the two freak goals. 2nd half, Aberdeen should have scored more and we were lucky to finish the match with 11 men!

Only common sense. I don't like Ronnie's 2-3-1 but 4-4-2 is NOT the answer.

8. CharlieMulgrini

Well, I think KISS Keep it Simple Stupid, might be way to go. We'll agree to disagree. 4-4-2 in this way for me:

Gordon

Lustig ---Sviievenchdncko (or whatever he's called) --- Simonovic - Tierney

Commons --- Brown --- Bitton --- Rogic

Griff --- Mad Kaz

Ok with certain personnel changes (Boyata right now for Simonovic, and Armstrong for Rogic)

If Deila did that, he'd win more games. I'm sure he won't. He will be sacked.

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    2 up front for me too, I don't care who gives way, but you can take anyone from defence or midfield and it wouldn't make one iota of a difference to the team, I'd at least want 2 up front to stop Griff disappearing into a squad of defenders as what always seems to happen.

10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I just watched the game as was on nightshift last night. Not surprised by the result or how we played. Sheep had 2 weeks to prepare for this game and they were not surprised as we played our usual predictable setup. There is no fight in this team, I believe now even the players have lost faith in the system Ronny has adopted and through his stubbornness not to be proved wrong will not change. We have players at this club who have natural positions but all too often they are played out of position, why cant the management team not see this when we can.

Too much emphasis by supporters on can Ronny qualify us for Champions League next season. On last nights performance and at the weekend we need to earn that first by winning the League. Unless we start playing football soon The Sheep will catch us and pass us. I cant say it enough but we will drop more points. The rest of the teams tend to open up more against the Sheep and are more willing to sit back against us and play on the counter. I have said it before, if the board keep Ronny then he needs help, the very least they can do is replace his backroom staff.

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I never said it was a great Celtic team. I said we had more then enough quality on the field last night to get the job done and I stand by that statement.

As for the poorest Celtic team you have ever seen in all your life well I guess you never lived through the joys of Carl Muggleton, Andy Payton, Martin Hayes, Stuart Slater etc etc. Most be nice only ever having lived through years supportng Celtic teams that won trophies.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Did that team not have the likes of McStay, Nicholas, Macca and Collins as well?

13. seanm

simply no passion. Please can we have summer football so we have at least decent pitches and surfaces to play football on. Shittodrie last night, safe to say i have planted spuds in better places absolutely awful. Not sour grapes we were well and truly beaten but if we cant or wont keep the standard of pitches to above average then we should have artificial ones that at least would be playable on all year round. ffs barca or real would have been hard pushed to beat the sheep on that pitch. Back the manager sack the board IMO who are only waiting on THEM next season and bums on seats. NO vision for our club,WE are CELTIC for fsake

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  14. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

That team looks completely dire mate. Bitton in a two man midfield?? No chance. Commons and Rogic as well? Brown is the only one who can put in a shift! The Defence looks dreadful as well.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Edit: Wrong thread.

16. saltire78

Thats essentially a 5-1-4 formation... yeah we'd pummel weak teams by swarming their defence but we'd be subject to countless counterattack by decent teams and shredded by good ones

17. ddub11

Have to say when we play in scotland we should play 4 4 2.On paper we are better than any other team and should have no fear against them.
    Let have a go at these teams.go for the juggler and frieghten the * out of them.I believe we have lost our fear factor because we play a safety first game.Think leicester and how they play they have an average team with strong believes in their system 4 4 2 and their players and other teams struggle to deal with them.

18. Glorious1967

dunno where this myth about andy payton being * comes from, payton was a decent striker who scored 15 times in 30 odd games for us and muggleton was actually a decent keeper, slater. hayes and biggins were utter * tho

19. saltire78

we should shoot their clowns too! :smiley-laughing002:

20. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The custard dude.