1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Aberdeen v Celtic - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 ko(Live on SS1)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 30, 2016.

Discuss Aberdeen v Celtic - Wed 3rd Feb 19:45 ko(Live on SS1) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PersonalJesus

Fav Celtic Player:
    K8
    Dark, Dark, Dark days.

I fear the worst, im afraid.

Cant believe I'm saying it.

But who the f*** is gonna save this season?

Management/Coach are terrible and clueless.

We DONT have a Henrik.......We dont even have a team of Petrov/Thompsons/Hartsons.

We have Leigh Griffiths and Commons.....A striker wi no partner and a leader who is lucky if he gets a (deserved) game.

Tonight summed it up tbh.

2. md1981

Apart from the obvious, the extra steaming pile of * on top, is that wee perma-tanned fud McInnes is going to be shooting his mouth off

3. PersonalJesus

Fav Celtic Player:
    K8

Said brilliantly.

We were SPOILED ROTTEN wi the king.

...But all we are asking for is * passion.

Hartson, Sutton.....Alan Thompson.....they werent players who were world beaters....they werent players who had MASSIVE success in their home country...or with their home nation...
    but when they pulled on the Celtic top, they muscled, shoved and fought their * way to success for Celtic.

Even the "foreign" players.... from players from Agathe to Petrov to Petta..

All earned their way into Celtic Folklore.
    Deserve their name to be mentioned for years to come.
    All inexpensive.....inexpensive yet showed PASSION and * DEDICATION

......This Celtic squad???

I can name Kris Commons.......

Anycunt else?

4. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Brown, maybe.

5. The Celtic Way

What a * journey home this is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Shane1888

I feel so apathetic towards this Celtic squad and management team, which I'd say is worse than feeling disappointment or anger towards them.

I don't even feel that, probably because it's becoming such a regular occurrence.

Downsizing all the time due to a 'lack of a challenge' domestically, yet Aberdeen have now beat us twice this season. Making zero progress in Europe since Lennon left almost two years ago. Selling off our best players when English clubs come calling, and replacing them with absolute * most of the time.

Total apathy. We need a fresh start from boardroom level to the squad itself, in my opinion. Next season would be a good time to start, with the filth coming up.

7. Shane1888

Brown was hardly inexpensive.

Although he has more than repaid the £4.4m we paid for him over the past eight years, it was still a big gamble we took signing him for that sort of fee at the time, when he was essentially still a 'ned' playing for a regular Scottish club.

I agree though, Brown and Commons seem to be amongst the few in the squad that still have proper passion for the club and the fans. I'd add Griffiths to the list, as he always plays for the jersey.

8. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I missed that part about inexpensive. :52: Brown, Griffy and Commons, to me, seem to be the only players that actually give a * these days. The only ones who give one hundred percent of their ability every game.

9. blizzard bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Merry Ploughboy
    I would add Kieran Tierney as he plays 100% every game for the jersey :)

10. md1981

I would add Tierney into that. He's a kid, still learning, but he'll give everything to the team. He's showing up a lot of players in our swuad just now.

11. The Maestro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Malley
    I noticed at the corners they had guys in the 6 yard box and one on Craig Gordon, this was causing us massive problems, when we had a corner all our players were outside the six yard box, surely you get a few guys in there to block people off and make it hard for their keeper?

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye that has to be said, the kid has been a credit and despite some of the * performances around him he is not hiding and getting stuck in, a shining light without a doubt.

Much has been said about the reasons for the decline and why folk are feeling * off with the set up in general, personally I'm not comfortable with the fact we seem to be a club that Man City use to try out their projects and players who are possibly 2 years or more from a place on their subs bench, I hoped we were bigger than that and personally I'd prefer to see more of our own younger talent get extended runs such as Tierney, they won't all come off but they will at least have had a decent crack.

13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Our defense never played together before. They got two goals from taking their chances (one was obviously a wonder strike) but deservedly won. We never looked like scoring. I wish CKR was on from the start. He looked like he had something to prove, made a nuisance of himself and took the pressure off Leigh.

Overall, it was a gutless performance from us. Players look like they won the cup at the weekend... Not that they just got papped out by Ross County.

14. skyetim

Tonight was a disaster waiting to happen. Sadly it's not just the manager's fault. Both John Collins and John Connelly should be shown the door. A very small number still are trying - just.

The comment on Sky Tv about Calton Cole's serious lack of fitness says it all.

"The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn".

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
  16. Sydneysider

Wonder strike ? Bitton hit one at the other end minutes later, similar angle/distance and their goalie stopped it comfortably.

Nobody performed well but the defence was woeful, particularly Boyata and Gordon.

The only consolation for me was that Aberdeen were as sloppy and wasteful as us.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Dismal display tonight. The part that bothered me the most in a way was the first 15 minutes or so of the second half. As bad as the first half ended up we did actually dominate the first half hour albeit without ever looking like we would score. Their first goal came out of nowhere and was a great hit. The second goal was the real disaster for me as once again we get done on a corner kick. But all that said I expected us to come out and get after it in the second half. Instead nothing. No reaction at all. It took us about 25 minutes into the second half to get going at all. That really * me off.
    They deserved the win because they defended much better then us particuarly at set pieces where we were all over the shop all night. We had spells in both halfs where we dominated possession and the flow of the game but we never did much with it and rarely looked like we would score.
    This has to be a real wake up call for quite a few players who need to have a good hard look in the mirror. We had more then enough quality out there but a distinct lack of bite and aggression to our game.

18. CharlieMulgrini

We must have been watching a different game. This is the poorest Celtic side i have ever watched in all my life. Courtesy of Mr Ronny Deila.

19. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I was accused of having it in for Gordon on another thread.. I *' do. How many times is this * gonna get beat at his near post.

he's been phoning it in all season. get him to * too.

20. dmac

Gordon also nearly spilled one into the net at his front post. Gordon had a good season last season but this season the defence is constantly changing so that wont help but he should be doing better the overall play from the team disjointed at best.