1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"A loose cannon & embarrassment to the silent majority"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Artur Boruc #1, Mar 30, 2012.

Discuss "A loose cannon & embarrassment to the silent majority" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. smithy18

of course they did you just need to look at every picture thats printed of lenny in a paper he is always yelling or looking angry and then there is the so called fact based pieces they write which do nothing but add fuel to the fire. as much as I blame the journalist the editors of these papers shouldn't go unpunished their job is to judge the credibility of the stories they print and on countless occasions before and after this they have fell extremely short of doing their job and should have been sacked a long time ago unfortunately there sales go through the roofs when * like this is written and until the companies feel the pinch to there pockets the stats quo will stay the same

2. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All this chat is designed to keep us down. Neil needs to keep defending his corner and not let the critics get to him.

Winning the league and hopefully the cup should take some of the pressure off him for next year which will help his whole demeaner.

3. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    Neils greatest victory shall be the look of disappointment on his detractors as he lifts the league trophy above his head...... its a shame the journalists in this country cant be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.....their vitriolic abuse of Neil Lennon in their columns is a disgrace.....i would urge the celtic fans to pick one day in the near future and have a celtic fan boycott of the daily red tops to show our backing of neil.....our leader is no embarassment.

4. Sween

I have no time at all for the rags, hence I dont buy them so I dont ever keep up with their latest stories. But I do not believe for a second Lennon is being targeted because he is an Irish catholic. That sounds like paranoid nonsense. He is targeted quite simply because he speaks his mind, he is manager of the biggest club in the country, and most importantly of all, he sells newspapers. People who dislike Lennon buy these papers to read about his reported antics. People who love Lennon buy these papers only to moan about the treatment he receives.

It has nothing to do with him being an Irish catholic though. If you dont agree with what rubbish is being written in these tabloids just dont buy them and they will soon go away.

5. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    what paper was this in?

6. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
  7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Did anyone hear the discussion on Radio Scotland. Regarding Ally being invited to chat with Brines about Aluko being booked for diving.

Murdo for once sticking up for Neil Lennon said whats the difference between that and last week. According to Billy Dodds(via Kenny Clark) its because if you have a personal go at the ref he won`t entertain a discussion. When challanged on whether he knew that Neil Lennon personally attacked the ref; Dodds said No, but he alluded to it in the post match interview and Kenny Clark alluded towards it on Monday night.

So if Neil Lennon said this to Murray or Brines (Murray was mentioned but if I am wrong did the charges not relate to his conduct towards Ian Brines)

Why did it take 15 mins to tell Neil Lennon he couldn`t take his place in the dugout?

Why wasn`t he called into the refs room as is procedure?

Either Billy Dodds is talking * and the information given from Kenny Clark is pish.

Who/Where did this information get to Kenny Clark, given the circumstances are/will be subject to a hearing?????

Someone has being leaking details.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON :shamrock:

9. CelticFC1967

I don't buy them? I find it utterly ludicrous that people are, basically, peddling the 'brings it on himself' nonsense - look at McCoist on the touchline today. Look at Butcher and his outspoken nature. Lennon is targeted because he is a N. Irish Catholic, absolutely.

10. Sween

I didnt say anything about that he brings it on himself. I am saying he makes the tabloids because he is outspoken and the manager of celtic and therefore he sells papers. I also said the treatment he gets is ridiculous but there is not a single thing to suggest that he gets it because he is a N.Irish catholic. He gets it because people buy the stories. I do not believe for a second the rags give a toss what religion a football manager is - they care only about money. And it seems one of the easiest ways to make it is by winding up celtic fans.

11. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Proud of Neil Lennon :ynwacelti

12. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon Celtic legend, been a Celtic player, Coach and manager and most of all hes a fan just like us. Hes never embarrassed me thats for sure.

13. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    Talk about bumping a thread!

14. Biggie Smalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris commons
    Wish he was still our manager. :54: