1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"A loose cannon & embarrassment to the silent majority"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Artur Boruc #1, Mar 30, 2012.

Discuss "A loose cannon & embarrassment to the silent majority" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yet another example of someone lining up to take a pop at Lennon. He's had it since he stepped foot in this bigoted country, and it hasn't let up since.

He's possibly going through one of the toughest times in his personal life to date, and yet the hatred is still aiming it's way towards him. A lesser man would have * off by now.

Shame on them.

As said previously, it will make it all the sweeter when he lifts this trophy above his head in triumph.

* each and every one of the haters, bigots and racists.

Unbowed, Unbeaten Legend.

2. fms06

Never been embarasseed by NL, this is gonna be another onslaught on our manager by the establishment. We got to keep pushing at their cheating and biais boundaries, we are no longer standing and accepting. They are only and shamefully trying to redirect to keep the heat of them.

I * hate every last one of them cheating * and all their dodgey hand shake organisations (hun fc sfa spl refs scot media oo etc)

3. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Is it just me or is it true that no ex-ref ever speaks out against any other club - especially Hun FC - whenever their manager hurls abuse at a ref or speaks out against any officials? I can never remember Sir Dignity ever getting blasted by ref's, the SFA or the media whenever he went on a tirade about the officiating in a game.

But yet as soon as Lennon says what he thinks he's lambasted as being a loose cannon by an idiot who was so * he couldn't ref an under 15's match. The way Clarke goes on about Lennon is like he got sent off loads of times (when he only ever got sent off twice I think it was in his playing days in Scotland) and causes trouble no matter where he played.

Lennon gets treated like * by the SFA, he's been assaulted at a football match, received numerous death threats and mail bombs, gets spoken to by officials as if he's a 5-year-old being told off by his dad, is given dog's abuse at away grounds - especially the * pit - and Clarke has the gall to spout this pish as if it's Lennon that is the culprit.

I hope Celtic respond to this in some way. Will be good to see someone else getting dragged over the coals for speaking *.

Seeing arseholes like this making stupid, * comments like that is making me all the more eager to see Lennon lift that SPL title. It's just a pity he can't say anything like "Git it right * up the lot of you!" during any of his interviews after he does lift it.

Don't change Neil. We, the Celtic supporters, love ya just the way you are!
    :ynwacelti
    :champ:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Rather than Clark's imaginary 'silent majority', if anyone should be embarrassed over their conduct surrounding Neil Lennon it should be:

• The 'meeja' that have demonized him
    • Those that have send bullets & bombs to him
    • That idiot Wilson, who attacked him pitchside at Tynecastle
    • Those who've threatened his family, forcing them out of their home
    • Those that have plotted to murder him
    • The match officials that have were caught out for lying to him
    And that is just a shortlist. In the two years since Lenny has been manager he has had to rebuild the pride in the club, rebuild the team after the shambles Mowbray left behind, brought back the thunder, has a team playing by far the best brand of football in the country, has taken his side to the final of 3 (& possibly 4) out of 4 domestic Cups, missed out on the league by 1 point last year and this year, after having trailed by 15 points going into November to being 8 points clear the day that RFC went into Admin in mid-Feb, has engineered a massive 23 point swing before the Administrators took over at Ipox.

Let's not forget that Lenny in the past few weeks has had a very close friend pass away, has had to give evidence at a trial of two men who conspired to murder him, had the likes of the BBC asking if they could film him being cross examined by that acknowledged bigot, Donald Findlay QC, who was defending the actions of one of those charged - and today who found to be guilty.

As for the silent majority, even ignoring the Celtic cyberspace community - not easily done, considering the impact it has had over the past few years - I don't remember too many of the supposed 'silent' majority keeping silent when Lenny proclaimed that 'this was just the beginning'.

This may be difficult for a man like Clark to understand. Perhaps Clark should be more embarrassed by the conduct of those in the refereeing fraternity - those that awarded penalties with their backs turned, sent players off without seeing the incidents & for being part of a culture where lying to managers was part & parcel of the way the match officials went about their jobs, not to forget that the chief of whom had to be sacked for sectarian 'jokes'.

No, Kenny Clark, we are not embarrassed by Neil Lennon. The Celtic support are behind him all the way, because this man represents what each of us values & takes pride in.

Embarrassed? *, no.

We re all Neil Lennon. :shamrock:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  5. Markybhoy

Good post Taz. I totally agree. :50:

6. Jungle Bhoy

Our media is full of loose-cannons who will happily publish anyone of their rants as a factual story. That's embarrassing!

7. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Loved Neil's response today on Twitter. Lennon hasn't been sent off all season until Sunday and now he's a loose cannon. Give me a break.

For a referee who failed to give even a yellow card for the following incident he has a cheek to call anyone an embarrassment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FanasvLaW8k"]Rangers player jailed for assault, no booking. - YouTube[/ame]

He also failed to give Neil a stonewall penalty at Ibrox back in 2006.

8. Artur Boruc #1

Lenny's reply.

Saw Kenny Clark once do an after dinner speech, it was dreadful,in contrast to his refereeing career which was hilarious.

There's yir dinner Clark ya goat * *!

9. ekghirl09

He just the next ex-nobody getting an anti Lennon rant printed in the red tops, no surprise. Neil will not give the papers the time of day any more, so they got to print something.
    Celtic have got to get a good lawyer, who starting taking some on these idiots on, including the SFA.

10. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    This! :50:
    Should have ended any further discussion of this * after this was said.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

my bro and dad are embarrased by him, they think hes a *, but theyre just dicks, i love neil :50:

12. joemc

Kenny clark is a fekin mutant ,anyone coming out with * about nl in the rags are no different to the sickos in internet forums who feel its ok to attack our manager,they are cowards , because he wont bow down it frustrates the fek oot them ,that is were the hatred comes from .

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I would like to thank Kenny Clark.

you have single handedly re focussed and reunited the Celtic support after the daft couple of weeks we've just had.

Onwards to the title folks :50:

14. The The Hand

Kenny Clark as spokesman for the "Silent Majority" :56:

Excuse me while I pish myself discreetly.

A minority of one - who, per unit relevance, is probably the noisiest * "in" Scottish football. :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  15. smithy18

well seen he is only a columnist pretty sure if he tried to print this as a journalist then there is no chance it would make it to print, his so called sources of the "silent majority" would more likely be 2 * who don't even support the team and could tell you our first team squad. this is just a provocative piece around the biggest personality in scottish football to try and sell some papers

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

"Journalists" have printed worse about Lenny.

17. smithy18

i am sure they have but a columnist has free rain basically on what he can say where as a journalists job is to report fact based pieces and he would need actually proof to back this up too many articles that are written in this country by so called journalists aren't actually fact based pieces with no sources or any proof provided which is so * annoying and is why they are allowed to get away with writing absolute bullshit

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    "Kenny Clark (born 1 November 1961) is a Scottish former football referee in the Scottish Premier League and was, until 2006 also on the FIFA International list and the 2007-08 season was his final season as a Category 1 Referee. He also works as lawyer in Dumbarton. He famously admitted to denying a blatant stonewaller penalty to current Celtic Manager Neil Lennon during a Glasgow Derby at Ibrox for fear of his call causing a riot by the Rangers fans in Ibrox allowing Rangers to escape with a tie after scoring a last gasp equalizer. Clark was also involved in controversy in the CIS insurance cup final of 2003, again a Celtic V Rangers clash when he blatantly ruled a John Hartson goal offside while John Hartson was measured to be 2 yards onside again allowing Rangers to pip a 2-1 result and lift the first trophy of the season."

19. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    Im quite fond of Lennon.

kenny clark can * off.

the 'silent majority???????' :56::56::56::56:blow me.:56:

20. CelticFC1967

It'd be so easy to get a job in the press these days - have a go at Neil Lennon every couple of weeks and you'll be ok.

If he was Scottish, Protestant and not Celtic manager then he'd be described as one of the characters left in todays game - eccentric and passionate! The whole witch-hunt is deplorable - I'm still utterly convinced that the media had a massive role in influencing the bombs, bullets and threats Lennon received last year.