1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

A celtic takeover..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scotsbhoy1, Mar 23, 2018.

Discuss A celtic takeover.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Just wondering as fans how would you take a takeover in the likes of Sheikh Mansour at man city?

Being on of the best run teams in the world celtic must be an attractive club to buy over considering any investment would be minimal , with only the team needing investment and maybe the celtic museum being fast tracked.

Now i imagine with the pittence we get from sky would be a stumbling block but cconsidering a new deal will be coming in 2 years, i imagine a massive investment in celtic can only help the scottish footballing brand, which in my opinion has massive potential, considering scotland is the best supported league in the world per capita.

Not even metioning the clubs history and the bragging rights they may have in 5 years of owning the worlds most succesful club..

Anyone share my views that it might not be as bad as we think?

2. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    It's a tough one for me, on one hand I would love huge investment and seeing a better quality of player here but on the other I wouldnt want to lose the identity of celtic.
    I feel when clubs such as City and Chelsea got taken over then they sold their soul.

Random Review, Icicle and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

'A people and a cause.' Keep your oil money

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It would ruin the club tbh, would make us another non entity like Chelsea, Man City or PSG.

5. Martin_CFC

It’s a no for me. Not worth selling our soul for a handful of money grabbers in the team

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I would hugely welcome it. We will be always proud of our history and traditions, nothing will ever take that away from us.
    Our fans and songs would remain the same. Its only the bank balance that would change and if that meant we could go into a CL campaign believing anything is possible, then yeah I would welcome that 100%

7. TheHappyLoss

Would worry we'd move out and join a decent league. Wouldn't want to risk not being able to play a lot of * teams in a corrupt country where we've been cheated on and off the park for decades

8. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Exactley....it would be nice to be at the top table, with all the swagger that comes from buying whoever you want....but when you sell your soul, you seldom get it back....

9. Dallas Cowbhoys

We won't be the most successful club in the world when we reach 55, I really hope that doesn't become a thing

rickyroma25 likes this.
  10. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    I believe our fanbase and history are too strong for that to happen. More than just a club like man city and the likes. With proper money coming in we would definately be competing with the best teams in Europe in no time, would change the whole dynamic and would give our best signings a chance to test themselves at the highest level at Celtic instead of having to move elsewhere.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How we’re ran is immaterial to these guys, they want a play thing in the public eye. Which is the bigger leagues.

12. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I get where you are coming from - honestly my concern is not that the current Celtic fans will become "Soul-less Hoops" rather that there will be a new breed to want-to-be-cool, follow-any-trend, hangers on, who will think they are Celtic fans, but cant name a player, cant sing a Reb and would not know Celtic History if it came bubble wrapped from the Vatican...

CymruBhoy and Velvet Bollok like this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Our fans wouldn't remain the same, Celtic Park would turn in to a tourist attraction and real fans would be priced out. Just look down south as an example.

Random Review and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I think I would back fan ownership, with all the carry on that would entail, before I would back us becoming some oil rich individuals play thing. So its a case of if it aint broke don't meddle.

StPauli1916 and JC Anton like this.
  15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Meant to say this anaw. As long as we play in Scotland we'll never attract massive investment. I'd imagine the "Old Firm" pish would put off big money investors from over seas as well, sectarianism, violence, bla de bla de bla, even though theres only one set of fans who do it and it aint us.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It is tough enough at times to stand up for identity. Pushing against our own board, Police, authorities and politicians. Our irishness is a huge embarrassment at certain times with some people. Suits them at other times for commercial purposes. So for sheiks to roll up and take over would be disastrous for the identity of the club. For me I prefer things the way they are.

Random Review and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    I think its fair to say we are run very well as a club and our chance for champions league money is a good prospect every year. Hopefully we see some investment in the right places.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Absolute fantasy stuff.

A sheikh Mansour figure isn’t going to invest in the SPFL fucksake. People like that don’t care about history or fan base.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What will happen to us when DD is no longer on the scene we could easily become a play-thing for a Foreign money man with no regard for the clubs long-term security..

For me the only way to help guarantee our long-term future is the fans to eventually have a controlling stake in the club..

To ignore this issue is to bury our heads in the sand.. and we know how dangerous that can be..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Random Review, JML67 and StPauli1916 like this.
  20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Those teams mentioned had no soul, cause or history anyway.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.