1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

6 game Ban

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Feb 5, 2019.

Discuss 6 game Ban in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The headaches are horrific. Hipflask CSC

Marty McFly and Mince.Charming like this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This. My head starts thumping something awful. Doesn’t help shouting and singing etc. I’d get through 2 large fantas back in the day.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  3. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    We all know it's against the law, if you're stupid enough to get caught, then take the penalty.

To be honest though, if you can't go a couple of hours without an alcoholic drink then you've got a problem.

4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No, the same logic would be banning people caught driving dangerously to CP.

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    ahhhhhhhhhh , gone are the days when a couple of the lads went in first …. empty , round the back of the celtic end and the drink was passed over into the toilets …. in ye went, and went and collected your cargo . same at hampden and shitehole … no so big walls in them days .

Keano88 likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Especially with the early KO need to have your breakfast the night before :56:

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

First part makes no sense.

You can’t realistically police 60,000 people. Just like you can’t police everyone on the road.

If you get caught it’s your own fault and you normally get caught when you’re acting the *. Although I’ve never seen one steward step up and stop any sort of confrontation, normally our own fans have to step in and police ourselves.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not really, you can't enjoy a drink before and after a game if you dont have a couple during the game to keep you going.

Like if you are in the pub before having a few the time you get to the stadium, watch the game and then get back to a pub after it you could be talking 3 hours between drinks, end up with a sore head and can't be arsed.

9. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seriously, you guys get sore heads if you've had a drink before the game and have to wait lets say 2hrs for another?:confused:

10. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Meh against the law aye but not really affecting anyone with it but their giving out 6 game bans for it.
    They could atleast try and put a similar energy into stopping half time toilet smokers. The one that does affect others.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

As mad as that may sound, YES.

And not just a wee sore head, a throbbing head ache bordering on a migraine. I was absolutely crippled with one for the 5.0 game against the huns last year. * horrible.

Jhaf, Marty McFly and Marie like this.
  12. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I rarely drink, even less so at games, so that's something new to me, never heard of that before.
    Every day is a school day.:)

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, thats mostly why I never do it.

Everytime i've gone for a drink before a game it happens, worst is the huns as we play them really early so you end up with buckie and vodka and allsorts then you canny get a drink again for 2 hours, with the noise and singing as well your head is bursting at full time.

Only option to keep going in the game would be a couple of minitures into a coffee or coke in each half but even then it's a losing battle and whos really planning like that as well.

Marie and Bobo_ like this.
  14. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    For last couple of seasons now at least smokers at HT can go outside for one. Gates at the corners of North and JS and North and Lisbon lower stands get opened up for about 10 minutes. Not sure if those in the Upper can get access down at HT though.

These days the toilet cubicles are used more for the drinkers and marching powder brigade.

Marie likes this.
  15. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I suppose I should have guessed that would happen as alcohol dilates the blood vessels so when its concentration is lowering, the blood vessels will constrict I'm assuming.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The laws definitely need changed in the City and in the Stadium.

In Germany you can take bottles of beer on public transport, so you could go to the pub, then buy a couple of bottles for the train journey then when you come off the train they have people selling bottles out of crates all the way to the stadium who also take your empty bottles off you. Then in the stadium you can buy beers again.

We are left sneaking about like criminals here unable to enjoy a drink.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You are missing the point: the logic of the two suggestions is the same and both make very little sense. It's slightly fascist TBH, to stop people doing something because other people abuse it and it is very political, because you notice that only certain groups get targeted.

To suggest that you only get caught if you are acting the * is laughably naïve.

18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

you can tell i dont go out to pubs and clubs much lol 5.50 13 years ago ffs

i was way off then, it be a £10 a plastic pint and it be getting thrown at the officials at some point

recipe for disaster going back to allowing alcohol at the game, scottish society aint and i dont think ever will be in a position for allowing that, far too many angry, dissatisfied, unhappy people that incidentally also have bad relationships with alcohol

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:giggle1: Aye, it's a bump but some places in town you're not far off that for pints. I'm sure Corinthian is about £6 for a Tennents :eek1:

They sell pints down at EPL games. I was at a City v Chelsea game a few years ago and you could get pints in the concourse. That said, nobody was really pelting it and up here I'm not sure it would be the same.

I think the Hibs v Huns SC Final in 2016 killed the alcohol at football argument in the water. I thought we were closer to it's reintroduction but I can't see them doing it after that. Ironic that the huns were the ones that got it banned when they couldn't handle us beating them in the 1980 final and went on the pitch for a rammy.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

See I’d be like 2 hours cos I’d be in town and just glad for a * break. I normally stay out most of the night too so a small break probably suits me. If I could drink, I’d be drinking though.

Mad how rugby stadiums can do it but football can’t. A few idiots ruin it for the rest.