1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

5 fold bet from 8 selections...how does it work....help!!!! have i won??

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by Laurz_1888, Apr 16, 2011.

Discuss 5 fold bet from 8 selections...how does it work....help!!!! have i won?? in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Laurz_1888

Hi

Basically I think I have a winning bet but there is some debate of how the odds will work, I have searched and searched all over the net and all I find is a five fold = 5 selections all have to be correct to gain a return....however..... I have a coupon with 8 selections and a 5 fold bet and the coupon has on it 56x0.75 so basically I put £42 on it.

So does a five fold mean I just need 5 out of 8 right and the 56x0.75 is the amount of combinations needed for the bet to be covered. The bottom of the coupon says "if all selections are correct you will recive £880.64" and the debate is that this return is the absoloute maximum odds? So I am completely lost :54:..... this is because I usually put on accumulators but got told I will only need 5 right to win and I always come close so thought I was on to a sure thing.

So I need a life saver to explain this to me :87:

Cheers

2. pod

This is correct. If you get only five (out of eight) correct, you only have one fivefold. If its 6, you have 6 paying lines. 7 out of 8 means 21 paying lines and 8 correct will give you 56. In order to get your money back I would reckon you would need at least 6 correct. You will make a profit with 7 correct and win a fair bit if you get them all right.

3. Laurz_1888

Aaaah right I see. I get it now thanks a lot for ur help, will probs be a small win. Am waiting for 2 games tomorrow which will make 7 correct as Man U Fcked it today :eek:(

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If you have a five fold surely it's based on the
    stake,so what is the five fold stake.
    good luck with the other two games:50: