1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

29 year old woman shot dead in Derry.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, Apr 19, 2019.

Discuss 29 year old woman shot dead in Derry. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Journalist Lyra McKee was shot dead while reporting on riots in Derry’s Creggan estate. The 29 year old was hit in the head during a gun attack by a dissident IRA gunman. A video of the incident can clearly show a crowd of people standing behind the Cops and watching the riots and burning at the other end of the street. In my opinion I don’t care if you are in favour of ongoing dissident attacks or support Sinn Féin’s direction through talks but this particular incident is a huge blow for Derry and the Six Counties as a whole.

There are at least two people who need to be brought to book and one is the gunman and the other is the person who gave him the orders to carry out the attack. How to * did he think it was a good idea to have a crack at the PSNI with a crowd of onlookers directly behind the land rovers and a built up area of houses. A woman lies dead today for no reason other than the arrest of two suspected dissidents and the raiding of houses. I believe the gunman and his superiors got this very wrong and obviously the people at the top of the organisation have shown themselves as incompetent and unable to carry out any strategic operations to further their political beliefs. This is what the people were glad to see the back of in the 90s and most know there is nothing to be gained at the moment from military action.
    Lyra McKee R.I.P.
    upload_2019-4-19_11-22-50.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
    Johniebhoy., Lilac Wine and Buster like this.
  2. scootz

Completely * senseless. :54:

3. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    Quite a reckless own goal

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I honestly don’t think there is any leadership anymore Packy.
    Just idiots with guns left over from Pre-GFA thinking they are a throwback.

BigWilly likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No Senna there is still an organised leadership for all political and military groups on both sides. The men at the top are money makers and usually it's more criminality than politics these days. With dissident IRA groups they have a rigid structure and have been started by republicans who have been over the course in Armed Struggle. They have an objective and they also loathe Sinn Fein as they see them as sell outs. They are joined in numbers by young guys with an almost romantic idea of republicanism. I personally feel a combative strategy is no longer viable in an Ireland that is very quickly becoming a multi cultural society. And I also believe that a United Ireland is very achievable without a return to violence.

6. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    What little support these groups have should now take a hard look at themselves, if they ever thought dissident groups would bring about a united Ireland then they've been gobshites since the beginning.

Woman not even in her 30's lies dead in a time where it shouldnt happen anymore.

Marie, packybhoy and Gully Sands like this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    RIP - horrible

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bit harsh. Might just be a bad photo.

clonbhoy, Valhalla and Gully Sands like this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Utter madness.

R.I.P

packybhoy likes this.
  10. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Statement from Saoradh

11. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Total madness , all that were involved last night should be ashamed of themselves . I hope this is not the start of sliding back into the bad old days . Enjoy the social and economic benefits of the good Friday agreement .

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* scumbags.

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    That statement no matter how it’s worded is an insult to the dead woman’s family and inappropriate timing. This just goes further as evidence that the people at the top of this organisation are not too smart on handling operations, either active or dialogue. No matter how it’s dressed the facts are glaringly obvious to us Nationalists who have supported past armed struggles and had the community at large as strong backers of a proactive Volunteer force that fought the British army and RUC in strategic and organised combat. This was a volunteer that took to the streets during riots in which the young lads had the upper hand. There was no need for action by any opposing Republican faction to shoot aimlessly at a position of built up housing where the residents were out watching developments and possibly watching over their front property. Children were around the area and residents were standing beside the journalist who was unfortunate to be in the firing line.

The group responsible has taken the focus away from the remembrance for Republicans at the most important time of the year. And as much as both incidents don’t relate, that won’t matter to the Unionists, the community they represent or Whitehall who are already putting a political spin on the murder of innocent civil rights protesters by Soldier F. And because this happened in Derry it will be used as spin by all aforementioned groups because that is what they do best. Saoradh has scored a gigantic own goal and in the process turned years of hard work by Republicans to bring the British to task for past acts of brutality into an argument of different day, same old IRA. And as for this statement, they shouldn’t have bothered. Selfish and ignorant.

14. Nasser

Did they mean to shoot her or was it she was caught in the crossfire? What was she even doing there and why was she so close, I didn't think she was known as a war journo or did that work.

15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    She was standing beside the Cops vehicles when she was hit as were other people from nearby housing. Was just in a street so it was enclosed. She was definitely not targeted and think she was just there as a freelance. At 29 she probably propped up her income with random reports.

17. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Very sad. Poor girl. RIP.

18. leeso-ardoyne

Watched the video once earlier and wouldnt watch it again. Sickening! when one has kids, it does pull on the heart strings seeing something like this. An innocent young women took from this world in a stupid act. Who in the right * mind fires a gun at the cops with innocent people standing close by! I can sort of understand why they shot at the cops because they do have the dissident republicans tortured, know one who was stopped 22 * times in one day, his life tortured by them *, house raids, wifes car stopped , kids pulled out and searched, others few days before xmass house raided and all xmass presents in the house confiscated to name a few but this doesnt give them a right to go firing into a crowd where innocent people are.

Senseless murder but TBH, its to be expected with these type of groups. What really do they think they are going to do in this country. Gain united Ireland by fireing a few shots and intimidating your own areas. FFS the IRA with their support, weaponry and money couldnt gain a united Ireland by doing what they did. Even then, they where infiltrated right to the top which says alot for these new groups. For everyone whos not a tout in them organisations, there's 10 of them all touting on each other. They tax drug dealers on a daily basis(old mate of mine was asked for 45k up front and a grand a week or theyd kill him which says alot for their strict anti drugs rule) , murder people in their own districts, shot young kids in the legs who are lost and have no direction in life. Ive yet to hear of anything spectacular from them like what the IRA used to pull off in the fight for a united Ireland.

In 2019, theres no need for these types of groups. Them days are long over! As a county, weve all moved on for the better but these types of incidents keep dragging us back to the dark old days where young innocent people lose thier lives on the stupidity of others. Sickening reading and watching this earlier today!!

Nasser, buchanbhoy and packybhoy like this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Girl supposedly attended St Gemma’s and her family are from North Belfast. She moved up to North West for the girlfriend. All hearsay at the moment Leeso.

20. leeso-ardoyne

Yes, i heard this very early this morning aswell. TO be honest, i think i recognize her face. Shes around my wee sisters age and she also went to that school along with my older sister and my misses. Crazy this * still happening here in 2019!

packybhoy likes this.