1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Łukasz Teodorczyk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by ariba1888, Aug 25, 2014.

Discuss Łukasz Teodorczyk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still possible. Darren O'dea follows them so it's legit......:56:

2. Bangarangura

would have darren back in a second man

3. WalkingBy

I'm honestly bewildered by your enthusiasm about him lads.

He is decent for Polish league standards, I will give him that. But international football-wise? Average at most.

You can have problems with finishing when you're a winger or a second striker, but in case of a poacher like him? In my book that's a serious problem.

He did score 20 goals last season, which looks promising, yes. One thing though.

I assume you remember Paweł Brożek, who failed miserably at Celtic? Well he got 17 goals last season, while playing in a worse team (Lech achieved 2nd place, Brożek's Wisła - 5th).

I understand that he seems like 2nd Lewandowski given the fact that he is a fairly young, Polish striker who has a decent scoring ratio and also plays at Lech Poznań. Believe me though that he doesn't even come close to Lewandowski when he was 21yo.

Also, Poland had a number of strikers getting snatched by Bundesliga teams, who thought that a young Polish striker who scores in Poland might be the next Lewandowski (and is very cheap by Western standards). The problem is that most of them went under very fast.

Kacper Przybyłko and Mariusz Stępiński failed miserably.

Arek Milik (much more quality in Poland at age of 18 than Teodorczyk now) failed at Leverkusen, got loaned to Augsburg where he failed again and now got loaned to Ajax Amsterdam, where he got benched after two absolutely woeful performances in the Supercup and league. And he got benched by Sightorsson who would not score if his life depended on it and it says something.

Still, in Poland he seemed like a future top class striker, really impressive performances for his age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWFmzQ7GLqE

The only decent one is Artur Sobiech, but he is a reserve player at Hannover 96.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope that Teodorczyk ends up at Celtic (every Polish player who went East suddenly stopped developing) and does very well.

And no, I'm not a Lech supporter who is sad to see him leave, I'm also not a Legia supporter who's anti-Teodorczyk just because he scored some goals for Lech. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

You want a top class future striker? There is only on in Poland at the moment, also from Lech. 17 year old Dariusz Kownacki, he is going to be a real killer in 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-GkuSs1HgA

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  4. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Useful information there WalkingBy :50: I guess every half decent Polish striker is going to be compared with Lewandowski now.

Can I ask why you came here? Did you come because the Polish media are reporting Celtic's interest or was it just by chance that you saw this thread? To me it seems like this isn't going to happen anyway, seems certain he's going to Kiev.

5. WalkingBy

I came here before the Legia tie in CL qualifiers to read/write a bit. Found the info on Polish site today so I thought that I might share it, since there was a high probability that it won't be reported in Scotland :86:

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    At what position do Bartosz Bereszynskiego play? Love the guy

7. WalkingBy

Used to be a striker at Lech, then he became a right back at Legia.

Nowadays he is just a bench player who manages to screw his team even when he comes on the pitch when the victory is certain. :87:

btw. fun fact that you might not know about.

The day before Celtic, Legia's GK Dusan Kuciak told Bereszynski to make sure that he is allowed to play (he had a similar situation back at his old club).

Bereszynski went to the person responsible and asked about it.

She replied: 'Don't worry about it, concentrate on the pitch. Thinking about this stuff is my duty, it will be ok'.

:56:

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He scored 24 in 50 games for Lech.. Somehow I don't believe you :rolleyes:

And I'm sure that last part happened yeah :smiley-laughing002:

9. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    The last part did happen my wife is on celtic minded and she told me about this

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That last part was reported in the papers.

11. PoddyBhoy

12. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    if we bring in these 2 strikers we really need to get rid of four. Six strikers on the books yet only plying with one seems a waste.

13. Tifosi Celtic

See tbh I think Griffiths days are numbered. Too many off the field issues, along with scrapping in the tunnel against Legia.

Balde is going.

Stokes - Uncertain. Probably 95% cert to stay.

The likes of the fridge are going, most likely on loan.

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    It's all well and good saying they're going....but who can; 1. Afford them and 2. Actually want them?

I think we really need to freshen things up top and offloading some may prove quite difficult.

15. Tifosi Celtic

Well, personally wouldn't be adverse to us cutting our loses with some of them and releasing them.

Cant see that though. Its either that, or find a club that's after them, or continue to stockpile average strikers.

16. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    week to go...even if we let some go on loan it would be more beneficial than sitting in the stands and possibly disrupting the team.

17. Lenny16

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
  18. rickyroma25

Good insight mate. Cheers for the info :50:

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we signed this guy somehow I would then try and get rid of every other striker apart from Stokes and rotate Scepovic, Teodorzcyk and him throughout the season.

Balde is not going to make it here

Pukki looks to struggle everytime I see him play a proper compeititve game

Fridjohnsson don't really understand his signing in the first place, like many others.

Griffiths, don't think he fits the system, doesn't have the attributes to play up top alone.

The reason I'd keep Stokes is because I feel he is the best of that lot and he has attributes that can still be useful. We know he can create and score in the SPL and I think he could make a decent attacking midfielder as well if need be over the season.

If Scepovic and this guy are to come here they will not settle for warming the bench every week. It's alright saying a club like Celtic needs at least 2 or 3 good/quality strikers but the way the league is just now I don't think players like this, who could play regulrarly elsewhere would settle for too much competition.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Totally agree:50:

This guy looks really good, hope we get him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.