1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

£7m for Stan

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jungle Bhoy, Jul 26, 2006.

Discuss £7m for Stan in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KevF2416

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hartson, Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good play from Lawell. He's our player under contract and its good to show Rednapp we will not bow down to his pressure.

2. gibby150

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,,skippy ,sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on,willie maley
    overated by tic fans!!! come on mate pennant is moving to liverpool for 7m curtis davies is priced at 9m after one season in the premeirship . stan is his national team captain still only 26 loads of experiance and scores goals on all levels 6 or 7 mil is a fair price for him,,,,,,:86:

3. lapsbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Russel Latapy
    newcastle r interested ;)

4. Dwhits2004

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lee Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All of them
    its a bit of a joke, 9m for davies, 8.5m fur andy johnson, these english clubs are just tryin to take advantage or our desperation to get money, we shud hold out for 6-7m.

5. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thats a very good point! Harry Redknapp is a fly-man, im laughing every * minute of his double standard-esque comments to the media, as if hes trying to bully us into selling on the cheap. * 'im!!

Petrov is a quality player and i believe he will get stuck in when the transfer window closes and he pulls on the hoops. Yaas :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

6. hubert

Fav Celtic Player:
    willie fernie & Shunsuki Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    for its a grand auld team to play for
    If he is all that good how come the delay in selling him, I rest my case?
    Just another wee comment, seasons ago Stan would go AWOL during games, and his peripheral vision was never that good, nor does he score enough goals, not a good finisher!
    Now the other side of Petrov he will most times work hard, gives his all, and OBVIOUSLY to quote a word murdered by Tosh McKinlay, he has the competitive spirit, however having said these nice things, he has to, because he is an overated fitba player!
    Now being modest if anyone wants to disagree with me on Petrov, be careful, you could damage any image you may have? :56:

7. irvy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,cauldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    yeah thats what i think if we do well in the cl we should get a good offer for him before january then we can sell him and buy some good players for the second phase

8. jazcelticfan

In a wheely bin. It even has windows which a made
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not much of a singer
    With the 7 mil price tag I don't care wat happens either way now. Infact I would prefer if he went to free up some cash but I don't see it happening. Hopefully he will get his head down and work hard for the team now if he stays. If he leaves then we will have 7 mil to spend. So we could easily afford a good leftback, central defender, replacement for Stan and a new striker. It looks good either way.

Next seasons team if he stays:
    Boruc

Wilson McManus Kennedy Mulgrew

Jarosik Petrov Nakamura

McGeady-------------------------Maloney
    Zurawski

Subs. 1. Marshall 2. Caldwell 3. Lennon 4. Riordan 5. Beattie

4-3-3 with wingers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  9. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Strachan won't play a 4-5-1

10. Murphy7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley + You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lawell has said we will sign 3 first team players in this transfer window and Bobo and Beattie are still to come back so I think your team is well off. Kennedy is also no where near first team action yet either.

11. jazcelticfan

In a wheely bin. It even has windows which a made
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not much of a singer
    It's my team, not the actual team.

Edit: && it's wing forwards. Not really right mid and left mid. It's practiclly 4-3-3.

12. kel1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa

13. Mark

£7million is a bit much for Petrov (although I'd take it lol). I say this when you consider Newcastle signed Damien Duff for £5million and, whilst they are two different types of players, I would say Duff is a better player than Petrov.

14. regicfc

duff is a worldclass player so he is and i still cant beleve they payed £5 million for him when chelski payed £17 million * shocking money

15. KevF2416

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hartson, Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They got a far reduced price for Duff cause it was Chelsea. As we did for Jarosik.

Asking 7 million is a massive gamble for Celtic. If we get it we will be happy as larry but if not we will be left with a unhappy player. But if Stan's agent is telling the truth and big clubs are interested, we should get our 7 million.

16. atodd1985

Pompey poised to drop Petrov bid

[​IMG] Petrov is under contract at Celtic until 2010

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp is poised to drop his interest in Bulgaria captain Stilian Petrov after Celtic rejected his latest £5m offer.
    The midfielder wants a move to the Premiership, but Celtic have so far refused his transfer request.
    "As far as I'm aware, Celtic have turned down our £5m and I think that's it over," Redknapp told The Sun.
    "I have a high regard for Petrov's talent and I'd have been delighted to have signed him, but enough is enough."
    Some reports suggest Portsmouth will now shift their focus to Real Madrid's Thomas Gravesen, who has himself been linked with Celtic.
    "I couldn't honestly recommend to the club to pay any more for the boy," said Redknapp.
    "I believe we were the only club in for Petrov and I reckon Celtic might find it difficult getting better money than that." Petrov is under contract until 2010 but has made public his desire to play in England's top flight.

Oh Dear Oh Dear, Just where does this leave Celtic now? If Stans stay I would expect an apology to the fans for his recent conduct. If he got a game I would need to see 100% effort from him or he can rot on the bench.

I suppose it is not completely dead but it does look that way.

17. big L

This does not look good......we might end up with an unhappy player next season and this would probably also rule out our latest targets

18. hubert

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Thanks to this latest news, it certainly looks like we are up a Gum tree, or if you like, up * creek without a paddle?
    What wonderful people we have at Celtic Park running things maybe fairly well except the fitba side of things.
    For me its more or less been like this since before the Basel game, we needed class players then, Basel spent we didnt the rest is history.
    Since 2000 we have had one no bad season in Europe thanks to MoN and some money spending, we reached NOT the CL final but the UEFA final.
    This is 2006/2007 season coming up and if we dont sell Petrov for the money needed to buy players, then this could be a very tough season ahead?
    What a * shambles, I dont like those people running Celtic, and they dont even know me! :87: :84:

19. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Change the * record hubert, your boring mate. What do you want us to do spend 20 mil per season on new players? I cannot believe how blind you are mate. I hate biting at peoples posts but all you ever seems to say is that our board are * and we dont spend big money. ITS IMPOSSIBLE SO STOP KIDDING YOURSELF, OPEN YOUR EYES AND START LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD!!!!!

Other than that your probably a sound guy :84:

Stans a major player for us and if he stays he'll have to knuckle down which can only be good for our league and CL hopes. The only worry i would have is if he starts taking his situation out on his team mates, i think it could cause avoidable aggro in the dressing room. But i dont even want to think about that, he claims he's goanny be professional about it so i have to take his word.

20. hubert

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I see it rather simple, you and a number of others are Walter Mitty types, dreamers unable to accept the facts, then there are the apologists who think the people running Celtic are doing ok.
    Well believe it or NOT I dont come into either of those categories!
    Your comment about me wanting the club to spend 20 million, is * absurd, I expect very little from the people running Celtic fitba wise that is, * look at the f*cking shambles in the Petrov case, if you think Petrov is going to be of value as a player, who is in a f*cking huff putting it mildly, you are dumber than dumb.
    So if you dont mind you and the others that spout the Walter Mitty stuff are the ones that are f*cking boring!
    Listen up, I have faith still have faith in the Scottish national team, but tell me does that sound clever, of course not, well those * people running our club, I can see them taking Celtic in the same * direction!