1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

£6m for McDonald?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Cooney67, Jan 16, 2009.

Discuss £6m for McDonald? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Andybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ice cream and jelly

2 late kid
    why didnt u want a poll its just more clear cut peoples views handier lak

2. KK-Bhoy

Didn't think you could make one if it wasn't the original, thread-starting post, to be honest.

3. doctor venglos

We bought McDonald for 1M and we would be getting 6M now
    Its a no brainer imo - punt him

4. KK-Bhoy

Jesus wept.

5. mickr45

think you need to look at the lack of service the front men get

6. Celtic_IstanbuL

Fav Celtic Player:
    kenny miller . nakamura . LENNON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you will never walk alone
  7. arthur-boruc

Fav Celtic Player:
    skippy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    goin home
    Nae i wouldent sell him i mean look at the goals last season
    hopefully he can do it again but for me think we shouldent sell him.

8. davie99999

6 million for skippy sell him ! But the more likely pirce would be 4m so we would struggle too get a decent replacement for that !

9. knowlesybhoy67

Listen mate you have a valid point.
    If someone has great potenial to become a quality player and theres a possibility that their price may rise (more than 6m) in the future its worthwhile holding on them. Fact is McDonald doesn't.

Is McDonald ever going to become a World Class player? No!
    If he wasn't playing for Celtic, would you pay more than £6m for him? No!
    McDonald is an average player who did well and scored a few goals last year. Zurawski did the exact same in his 1st season then never kicked his own * again for Celtic.

I'd sell McDonald in a f*cking heartbeat. you could get twice the striker than McDonald for that type of money.
    e.g. Benni McCarthy (Blackburn) and Alexander Frei (Dortmund) are 2 strikers with proven track records who would both score a barrel load of goals up here and could be bought for 4-5m.

McDonald was enthusiastic at the start of his 1st season. He then started to struggle to score goals towards the end, (leaving it down to Samaras and JVOH) which has continued into this season. He's also turned into a moaning wee *, who thinks he's much better than he is. He is fat, he smokes and his attitude towards his team mates f*ckin stinks!

This full argument is over pure speculation, but if we were offered £6m for McDonald 2mrw. I'd bite someone's arm off upto the shoulder for it!

10. buzzbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    If all the money was used to get another player then yes. i think we could get a lot better player for 6 million

11. beechmountbhoy

6 million would be unbelievable money for a player of McDonald`s ability.However, my fear is that when the PLC get such money tey will not re - invest it. If it was guaranteed to be re-invested then yes, see ya Skippy. It`s a cruel game and i know you`re loving life at Paradise but needs must - after all. you were more than willing to sign for The Huns depite claiming to be a life - long Hoops fan. Money talks! Hail!Hail!

12. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    agree 100 per cent beechmount.but with sami out of form,big jan only returning,maloney out injured and hutchy and sherderan with little playing time under them,we would need a replacement of equal or better standards,which would cost around the 4 millon mark.

13. kristof

wouldnt sell skippy. work rate second to none and scores often enough in the big games. who would use like to replace him if he left?

14. inourshadow

Fav Celtic Song:
    athenrey
    voted no..dont think we should sell anyone who wgs believes is an intregal part of his squad in the jan transfer window..too little time to find an adaquate replacement.

15. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    skippy wouldnt leave celtic and celtic wouldnt let him leave unless is was man city type money coming in for him

16. Cooney67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe MacDonald
    well its pretty much as a thought a fair split in either direction. Well if the wee man does go then its good business and hopefully we'll get even better players in and if he stays (which i suspect he will) then thats fine by me too as long as he keeps on bangin them in especially against the huns!

ps why no song about the wee man ever been sang? especially if so many think he is so important to the club, just a wee side issue lol.

17. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    you all sound like rangers

WE ARE NOT A SELLING CLUB!

theres no need to sell him and i cant see much good coming from selling him as imo hes been our 2nd best player this year

18. Cooney67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe MacDonald
    selling one player doesn't make you a selling club! Celtic fans need to realise that the reason we are not in the * like the huns is because we have a good board who know when its the right time and price to buy and SELL! am not sayin that is now but you need to realise that sometimes selling a good player does not mean the end of the world or our domination of scottish football. Prime example is petrov, people were crying out not to sell but have we went down the tubes, no, and was it a good bit of business looking back,yes.

19. billybawbag

I reckon he's on the decline. Scored a cracker against Rankers but how many sitters has he missed this season? Lots and lots. Another wee man with a right stumpy hang-up. Always on Gorgeous's case when they play together. Take the munnie!!!

20. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    Skippy is one of our best players. He may have only 7 goals total , but he's also got 7 assists. Him, Naka, and Sammy are easily our most productive offensive players.
    Last year JVoH set him up all season... this year Skippy is setting up Samaras. It's a very good partnership worth more than 6m if we're talking to EPL clubs.