1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

£30k p.w. now free. What to do with it ?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by sammybobo, May 22, 2009.

Discuss £30k p.w. now free. What to do with it ? in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    gawd i dont understand the constant sniping either do we want another couple of high easrners who are only here for the money and we get little in return ? mon gave bobo the contract and was able to attract better players because he had more money to spend on fees and wages ala bobo .

2. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    when news of celtics interest in st mirrens andy dorman broke, that told me just what exactly celtics aspirations where for improving. i'd prefer a run in uefa cup rather than another aalborg in champs league..... problem is that we are falling below the standard required to compete in uefa cup now. injuries to key players has cost us this season, robson, samaras and jvoh to name a few. the heavy loss to aberdeen was all down to the fact boruc wasnt in goal that day. we need to clear out the dead wood and sign players who are first team starts. unfortunatly i reckon the budget wont be there to sign the quality we want and need.

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I have to say I agree with you....judging by our recent signing targets it would appear that we're just willing to settle for mediocrity. Even suppose we were willing to spend big we have to face reality in that no big signings are ever going to come to Scotland to play their footie unless they're at the tail end of their career. I wouldn't hold my breath for us finding a nugget like Henrik or Lubo either as you can bet your bottom dollar the bigger EPL teams will have them eyeballed already. All of this makes me worry for the future. I don't doubt we will continue to have success as we're marginally better than that other lot but I would love to do it with style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.