1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

£25million kit sponsorship

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by echobassbhoy, Mar 12, 2009.

Discuss £25million kit sponsorship in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Im my opinion no its a waste of time, i dont think celtic question how the shirts are being made. You could dig up all sorts of crap like that and it would end up going way off topic. I would say that would be a thread in the pub about nike sweatshops, its not really celtic related.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    how long left on the carling sponsorship lads? luv to see us with a different sponsor than rankers!

3. bebackman

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    here here we also get a good bit of money for that

4. bebackman

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    could end 2009/2010 season or they will try to do new deal

5. Jungle Bhoy

Carling never stated they will not be renewing there sponsorship of Celtic, as has been suggested earlier in this thread.

After the Scottish Press printed stories about Carling not wanting to renew the sponsorship of Celtic, Carling came out and rubbished the claims.

Scottish Press making things up to fill coulombs in there dying papers, well who would have imagined it. :rolleyes:

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :icon_mrgreen:yeah not like them at all! well hopefully we can get different sponsor and further distance ourselves from that big blue sinking ship!!! is there a new kit so for next year ya reckon?

7. SmurfKiller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik,Naka,Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'Hail,Hail The Celts are here and what the hell do we care....'
    Great news!
    Anything that brings money into the club can only be a good thing in my humble opinion.
    A major multinational company like ourselves rolling their contract on with another massive firm is excellent work and will benefit both in the current economic climate.
    Celtic+Nike+.......?
    Another multinational sponsor such as Coca Cola?

8. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    its got to be viewed as a great bit of business for the club.

9. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Well i think the fact that Nike have their logo in equal prominence to that of the club badge on our shirts, questioning how these shirts are produced is a pertinent question. Considering our history, being founded to help the poor and needy it is a correct topic to be discussed in Celtic chat.

Just as John Reid being chairman of the club raises certain ethical questions for some, but not all, of Celtic's fans, if one of Celtic's main income streams comes off the back of child labour then i think it is proper that would should discuss what we think about that.

If you are not interested in that part of the debate then fine, but don't suggest that it isn't related to Celtic chat. Please rename Celtic chat, Celtic's football operation chat, and then we can concentrate on how much money we get to spend on players.

On another note, does anyone know how much we get from Carling for the shirt sponsorship?

10. BorucNo1

Great work again by peter, i just hope he releases decent funds drastically needed to improve our squad

11. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    *YAWN*

I suppose you dont own a Celtic jersey made by Nike or even Umbro?

I'm sure the same dirt can be dug up about all worldwide sportswear brands.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  12. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do you even understand whats actually happened? We just extended an existing deal for another 5 years. We dont get lump sums, its ~£25m via staggered payments based on sales targets being met plus royalties. Its basically the same deal as what we are currently on.

Do people think that we've actually just gotten £25m lump sum for a contract that hasnt even begun?

13. BorucNo1

No but the stability of our club has been in part secured for a further 5 years . I think we should start taking advantage of that by investing more in the squad

14. Dirty Harry

very good news

15. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    At the moment, we dont break even without UCL group stage money and we arent going to the bank for short term capital, so what exactly are we suppose to spend?

16. BorucNo1

So instead of spending a few million in january, which would have secured our place in the UCL group stage imo which in turn would have made us more stable financially, we decided to bask in the glory that we are nearly debt free while giving rangers hope that they could win the league thus helping them escape from the mess that they are in. We should be taking maximum advantage of state they are in.

17. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Spend a few million in january for average players, no better than what we have and then be stuck with them in the summer when the real prospects are available for less. Thats bad business.

Celtic werent convinced by whats available and werent going to spend over the odds for players that they werent convinced by but you think we should have spend money for the sake of spending and give the illusion of strengthening. Expensive magic trick tbh.

Also, the financial problem at Rangers isnt reflected on the field yet. Most of the players that got them to a UEFA Cup final are still there. Its silly to make out the current players are getting worse based on a bad balance sheet.

18. yogibhoy

* all to do with WGS Lawwells the man with the money:31:

19. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    People are blaming GS because they are in denial about players not wanting to come to Celtic because of the SPL (its crap) & better wages in other leagues

20. BorucNo1

I agree with most of what you are saying but i think Celtic are in danger of missing a great chance to compound rangers problems.

The financial problem at rangers is not reflected on the field yet but if rangers fail to qualify for the UCL then i believe that they will be forced to sell not 1 but several of what they regard as star players