1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

priemiership or not

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by timsforever, Oct 18, 2004.

Discuss priemiership or not in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. timsforever

Fav Celtic Player:
    all them get behind the team at all times
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    Are we going to the english lge or not , lets get this sorted once and for all, its draging on and on and on, or is it just a smoke screen for the plc board to take our minds off the lack of spending

2. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I would love this but I really can't see it happening any time soon. If anything we'll probably see a European League or a British League or something like that but really cant see us moving up there, they dont want it and I heard that even if we did go up there, we wouldnt be able to qualify for the CL or UEFA Cup if we finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th!!

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

* it european nights at cp is what it's all about, timsforever is right the epl is been used as an excuse to divert from some of the things that are really going on at celtic but desmond & quinn seem intent on rasing the issue every chance they get. i'm sick to me teeth of the "will we, won't we" saga this post is the last time i'm gonna speak about it cos IMO it's never gonna happen.

4. BB Banned!

It will never happen..........dont want iy to happen anyway..if we enetred the english leagues there is more to think about... how does starting down in the Ryman league sound and then having to work up as all new teams do in England(Celtic vs Bath city would be good for me,50 yards away from twerton park)..only quicker way in is to buy another club and change the name...but that wouldnt be celtic..
    I eventually see football being run by different governing bodies like other sports such as darts,boxing,snooker etc...Lets face it,its all about money and no longer sport..when money talks there can be only one outcome..
    Cant see what is so appealing about the epl when you take the tv revenue out of it..only 3 or 4 decent teams down there..the rest are content merely to survive every year...
    Same * different league.

5. Mark

I think a move to the EPL will happen when Sky's contract with the Premiership runs out and they find viewing figures falling. TV takes control of football these days and if we're getting £20million a year instead of £1million, I think you'll see just how well Celtic can do in football again (think 1967!)

6. Dutch Tim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky and Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If Celtic will ever be a force in Europe again, it's neccesairy (don't know the exact writing of this word) to join the Premier League. I think a sulotion will be to integrate the Scottish leagues into the English leagues. You then got the British Premier League, with teams from Engeland, Scotland and Wales. The difference between the Old Firm teams and the rest is to big. So the SPL isn't that interesting for sponsors. If Celtic will join that league, money will come and I think they will be a big force in that league.

7. Celtic heart

I think that premiership is very fascinating,because is historical...

If celtic should join in the premiership,they'll find a tournament more difficult,above all because it is more hard,lenghty and with many team that could create different troubles to them!

but it could be good for the sponsor and for the fame...