1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Worried Celt

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BB, Sep 1, 2004.

Discuss Worried Celt in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BB Banned!

As an exile living down south i have to rely on media rumours/reports to see whats going on.
    As the transfer deadline has now past i assume that there will be no more new faces.
    If MON stated that he needed 4 or 5 new faces then surely it is now a time to worry as we have a team that is understrength for the champions league especially in the defence area.Was shocked to see that celtic even went for yorke as i thought that the defence would have been more pressing.
    Whats going on?..seems to me like replacing Larrsson took over...He is a legend but surely other areas should have been priority as we can still score goals.

2. Celtic_Babe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I totally agree with you

3. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yes, so do I! We really did need to strengthen our defence. Especially left back but it did not happen. I am also disappointed and as I said on another thread, we'd be lucky to do better than 3rd place this season in the CL.

4. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i agree aswell mate, but i cannot understand how mon has had 3 months to buy players and looked what has happened we have brought in one player when its plain to see we are short of cover at the back, i'm worried that we could be slaughtered against the big two in the champs league

5. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    yes he has had plenty of time shood have really brought in a defender instead of yesterdays carry on seemed more like panic buying in the end

6. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    thats it seemed to be panic buys, with yorke. i'm so glad hes said no. again mon has left it late, he'll come out now sayin we'll sign players in january but that aitn gd enough we might be out of champs league by then

7. hoopsbhoy4life

Fav Celtic Player:
    them all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    especailly if we have too many injurys

8. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    yeh, aww whats the point in worryin, just take the champs league on the chin and see what happens and stroll the spl hopefully lol

9. Celtic_Babe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He new we needed more players, but left everything until the last minute to bring people in, we had from the start of the summer but nothing ever materialised until now

10. Dubsbhoy Banned!

nothing can be done know anyway so lets enjoy the CL while were in it were gonna be playing 2 of the biggest teams in the world and what ever 11 starts will give 110% as always, milan and barca are class teams but you get close to them don't give them an inch to move and you stop them from playing their own football after that anything can happen.

the last 2 seasons we were knocked outta the CL and everyone thought it was the end of the world until we had 2 fantastic runs in the uefa cup.

11. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

The players will definately give 110% throughout the 90 minutes!! It will be a tough game for Barca and Milan to come to Celtic Park and get something from it because I can tell you now, we will give these teams a sure run for their money!!

12. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    A few new faces at Parkhead doesn't mean Champions League success.
    MON has brought us this far without panic buying and I'm sure he will sort out our weaknesses in January
    Keep the Faith

13. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

The problem lies in the away ties, like last year, we had real trouble picking up points away. If we can manage to do it this year, which will be extremely hard, you just never know!

14. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The great thing is, we're playing a game of football and we all know that anything can happen.. Just look at Greece and Porto last year. All we can ask is that the team gives their all and hopefully we'll get our just deserves.

15. BB Banned!

I am sure that as always the 11 men on the park will be playing for the shirt and give it their all.
    I am glad that Yorke didnt come as i would rather have Craig Beattie given a chance as he seems to be a class act.As for Desaiily, i wouldlike to think that Celtic have risen to such a staturein europe that we no longer need the has beens from other teams.MON said that he would start at the top and work his way down,must have got pretty low down.
    Think the main problem in attracting the top players to Paradise is the lack of decent games and also the money aspect too butin saying that there were a lot of good players went to lesser teams during the transfer window.
    I may be the worlds biggest cynic but i am becoming afraid of MON's judgement with regard transfers...sure he has made some good ones but they are becoming outnumbered by the iffy ones which is leaving the celtic squad as a whole totally unequipped for the pressures of a full season both in europe and Domestically.
    When any of the first eleven are injured or suspended and the fringe players come in we see the weakness.David Fernandez has done nothing,momo sylla is a decent player but not up to champions league standard,Steve guppy never done much in his time and time will tell if it was wise to throw so much of the minimal player funds at a striker(camara) for a loan for a year.I see a lot of English football down here and hope he does better at Celtic than he did down here...he only played a few decent games at the end of the season.
    Hopefully i will be proved wrong on all counts....Time will tell.

16. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    If we were honest we would have to agree that Celtic no matter what money they spend havn't a hope in * of winning the Champions League....Its back to the SPL and the lack of good quality competition that is slowing things down
    The Huns are the only competition we have and Ghod knows they are Crap
    The worrying thing is that we we didn't hammer them 2 or 3 nil. Come the group stages we are relying on team spirit ...We dont have too much class
    We have an older experienced squad who can do well against the top European teams but if any of them get injurted we are * as we don't have the second team the Man U's have and the Chelsea's have to progress in the Domestic League

Or am I just winding U lot up???

17. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    no your not windin us up at all we dont have the squad to cope with the champs league thats it, the fringe players aint gd enough and i don't except that mon has brought in no new defenders when we are gonna we weak at the back if big bobo gets injured,theres just no cover.
    I dont think its alrite if he comes out and says well sign players in january thats just not gd enough the board have got to take most of the blame aswell i suppose they are just being * tist fisted as usual, to busy counting all the money

18. BB Banned!

Thats it exactly...no strength in depth at all.Larrsson must be looking forward to the chamions league games against celtic as he knows how bad the defence is and with his inside knowledge we will be in big trouble.
    what we needed was 2 or 3 decent defenders, whatever happened to the names that were being touted around such as the czech republic defender.If MON thinks that the defenders he has are better than that then we are in trouble...lets hope come january we will have a few decent signings in the right areas of the park and the money not spent now is still there and not swallowed up by the usual accontancy tricks.