1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boruc

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LB, Sep 9, 2008.

Discuss Boruc in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. auh2o422

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Skippy, Aiden
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Over and Over

Hey man, at least the authorities over here are finally going to nail that guilty *!

And by the way, what was the verdict on this?... [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzaXSryct8g[/YOUTUBE] fines, bill from the Mayor of Manchester? Oh no, don't worry about that, what matters is that a keeper lifted a finger at THESE PEOPLE, so he must be brought to justice! Nice job SFA, nailed 'em.

2. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Part of it is his position. Goalkeepers are stationary the entire game... this is why goalkeepers get abuse in hockey, and catchers get abuse in baseball. However, they don't ever get it on the same level as Boruc does. As far as him being on the wind up as well, I don't think anything he has ever done justifies the abuse he recieves. As I said, I'm not saying his behavior was appropriate, just that if you are going to punish him, punish the fans for a worse action.

As far as calling his religious devotion into question... I have many friends that are extremely confrontational, but very devout (mostly Latinos), so I don' think his actions take anything away from his religious sincerity. We revere Tommy Burns so much because he was an extraordinary man, it's hard to match him as a player or as a person.

3. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

Oh it's irrelevant now is it?In your first post it was one of the central planks of your argument..
    Mebbe before questioning the strength of a person's faith you should be sure of your facts.

Fair play ti Boruc i say.One finger to all the Huns who dish out this unacceptable abuse and the sooner Celtic and Celtic supporters unite behind our players and force the SFA to stick to their word about punishing clubs who sing this kinda bile the better imo...

4. adambhoy 25

Ive been thinkin about this more and more and startin to think that the sfa are going to * us over this situation.this is why i think it,like i said before my mum knows the match commander for CP and after the old firm he said that he had nothing to report back to the authorities(im guessing,the police,sfa)as behaviour from the fans had been very good(both sets of fans)so the sfa will look at this and see that boruc had been apparently unprovoked and stuck the finger to them to get a reaction.plus it wont help us much when the match commander has said on many occasions that he thought it was the best game rangers have played in a long time:38:surely being the match commander he cant say that?

5. kennydal

He should tell the sfa if they fine him that he will take them to the human court of rights , they let 8500 huns sing what they want ,abuse the goalie and he puts a finger up ,they * would * themselves at the possibility of him doing that .

What happened to all the promises the sfa and uefa made ,saying that celtic and rangers would get hammered if there fans continued singing sectarion songs ,does this only apply to celtic ,are they waiting on celtic fans to kick off ,rangers are blatenly doing it every week and he haw gets done ,boruc i hope makes a stance .

6. Pacific Ocean Blue

Yeah people say its all his own doing, ok hes a complete Rocket but hes harmless and its down to having a bit of a laugh and at the end of the day the guys had some problems off the field and obviously he can focus on the field, so maybe we should keep him off the field for 2-3 games and let him sort out his *... i think its a disgrace that Boruc could be getting banned for giving the finger because from what i hear he was being shouted at from the Huns for the full 90 minutes.. but instead of giving them the finger he should have blessed himself in front of the huns that would have got them * off.

I support Boruc ~

7. paradise0714

Tommy burns said after the aberdeen game last year that its a discrafe how fans complain after giving a player or manager abuse for 90 minuites. I think its a discrace that boruc has been pulled up before the sfa. Fair enough he should never have reacted but in all honesty rangers should be probed for their sectarian chants and vile filth directed towards boruc and the rest of the team. Where was the sfa when f**k the pope was chanted, where were they when kamikaze signs were directed at nakamura plus the nakamura ate my dog sign. Its bigotry at its worst and the players are the loosers.

8. paradise0714

If someone shouted abuse at you in the street and you reacted with a hand gesture would the police arrest you for breach of the peace....no so should footballers on either side of the divide be any different.

9. paradise0714

How can the gers fans shout abuse at people for 90 mins then complain. Are the people who reguraly chant dirty feinen bas***d at the celtic players really saying that they feel genuinly hurt and offended when someone gestures back....dont make me laugh !!!!!!!! ps sorry for all these posts on this issue it just makes me mad lol

10. jinky77legend

anyone a fan of junior football?
    * quality but top entertainment, the best part being the banter between he crowd and the players. opposition players can take pelters, and the odd finger or whatever from the players to the crowd makes things even better.
    The way i see it its ridiculous boruc is being punished because he took pelters all games, then simply gave some back- big deal.

As fans tho we need to stop gettin offended with stuff the maky mob say- eg slagging boruc and his wife, 'racism' regarding naka. I remember us slagging ian ferguson and his wife not so long ago. Plus callin that * darcheville a 'fat eddie murphy' has the same hint of racism as their naka chants.
    i dont understand why all of a sudden people on both sides are getting so offended by things these days

11. dave_mck

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA/Let the people Sing
    agree with you on the junior football mate great banter.

12. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i hate anything to do with rangers

13. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    I'm sure someone was asking him how many goal's that was, that he had made an * of.
    The picture is inconclusive.
    It doesn't show who he is pointing them too.
    It could have been Wilson for the 2 howlers he made.
    Once again the press are more interested in keeping a camera on Boruc for 90 min's, when they should be sticking a mic. in the Rangers end.
    To think that's all they can come up with.
    I would be surprised if any honest Rangers fan said that they saw it. Then again that would be a hard thing to find.

14. gunt

got to admit that I find that sort of approach weird given the christian ideal by by christ-like. Theres an old saying: fighting for christ is like f*king for virginity.

15. CelticUtd

Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Unprofessional and a bad role model throw the book at him he has to learn

16. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This thread makes me wonder why more Celtic fans don't make official complaints to both the SFA (in writing) and also the the Strathclyde Police regarding offensive chants, songs and banners during hun games.

Let's assume the SFA received 500 complaints after a game about something that was racist, bigoted or discriminatory. If even 10% of those e-mails were CC'd to the editor of (for example) The Herald, do you think the SFA would ave any other option open to them apart from investigating.

If there was also complaints lodged with the Police, then each complainant should ask for a copy of the report of the complaint with the number of the officer who the complaint was lodged with. If the above steps were taken then the authorities would have no choice but to at least react.

Regarding Boruc, I have mixed thoughts. It's obviously a witch hunt but he shouldn't have been so stupid to react.

17. seanyyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    samaras/crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song, willie maley, over and over, ltps
    mcgregor gave us the finger when the 4th goal went in
    nothings been said altho we complained to the police 4 times

18. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    A voice of reason emerges.
    Would also like to say I think people are picking up on the wrong double standard. The huns are being whiny little * making a big deal over a middle finger -- but that's what you expect from their spiteful lot who haven't won anything meaningful for quite some time now. More relevant, nobody is going to follow up on individual abuse at players.
    The double standard I'm enraged by is the blatant acceptance of organized songs and banners of a racist nature. Why aren't those investigated? :97:

19. celtic claire

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current ones are shite, it'll always be Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I will be complaining to the police next hun game.

After speaking to huns who were at the game I can say this is a small selection of the * Artur was subjected to:
    Racism
    Sectarianism
    Bigotry
    Family taunts- 'McGregor shagged your wife', and telling him that the weam wasn't his.
    The list is endless really.

20. ARMALITE

Once again our great keeper lowers himself to their level.