1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boruc

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LB, Sep 9, 2008.

Discuss Boruc in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Well its happened ....The manky mob Give Artur stick all the way through the game then he responds by a hand gesture ..Some of the Manky mob complain and now he is ordered to appear before the sfa :31::31:...Do the sfa not look at the whole picture or the behaviour of the Manky mobs fans !!!!!! makes me mad :47:

2. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I second that, he'll be made an example of no doubt :31:

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    When it comes to Rangers, and their fans, the SFA don the blinkers, and ear muffs.

This has been going on for plenty decades.

I get the feeling had this been the Motherwell or Hearts keeper, for example, it would have been treated as a light hearted moment, or banter between player and fans.

Artur Boruc, not for the first time, has been a casualty of Scotland's Shame.

4. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    The hostility he has received since he came to this country has been out of order, he has been singled out for his beliefs and abused yet he cant respond with finger. Surely the biggest issue here is the blatant hate toward the guy for being a catholic.

5. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Remind you of anyone else?

Boruc has taken over where Neil Lennon left off.

Both for religious reasons. This is what these scum are getting away with.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Time to bring everything out into the open then, Celtic should back him to the hilt based on the bigoted and anti-semitic bile spewed from the away stands he was forced to listen to.

They can't tip-toe round the subject, Graeme Speirs has categorically stated in a national newspaper what they came away with, this isn't paranoia anymore it's fact.

7. gunt

cant agree with the above. Different standards have always applied to players compared to fans. Every player has known for years that reacting to or interacting too closely to the fans will get you a booking, sent off or even dragged in for an inquiry. FFS you get booked for celebrating a goal with your own fans.

Artur knows this rightly but is a chronic windup merchant and a bit of a big kid. He also has been off his rocker recently with getting caught drinking twice, a disasterous OF performance and now this. He has a record of repeatedly doing daft stuff. As for his faith, T-shirts etc, dont think for a minute he is a religious catholic. He is on written record saying he isnt. So, he is just being a windup artist who likes to court controvesy or knows his audience. Great player but he is an immature bampot and I will be raging with him (not the SFA) if he gets a suspension.

8. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    a Picture of the hibs player sticking the finger up at celtic fans would be good right now. was last season, a gif was made and was floating around the net, anyone still got it?

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Can you point me in the direction of the comments where he say's he isn't a religious Catholic?

Also, in this instance, was Boruc reactive or proactive?

10. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So every other "written record" of him saying he is, has to be ignored then?

He is a deeply religious person, and this would suggest why he blesses himself in prayer before every match.

It has been widely broadcast too, his picture of the late Pope hanging on his wall at home. Do you think that is there for a wind up?

Give the guy some credit ffs.

11. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

Oh I'm sure he'll be devastated..

Boruc finds Old Firm rivalry remains stained by history | Football - Times Online

His own agent does'nt seem to be as well informed as you tho..

"Like 96% of Polish people, he is very Catholic, it is a Catholic country,” said Boruc’s agent, Radoslaw Osuch, last night. “He was a regular church goer, everything you need to be a religious guy, he did in his life"

He'll get a fine,happened to the Arabs keeper last season in the CIS semi

12. blondie88

this boruc thing is blown out of proportion completely.I must say though im a bit torn here as Boruc should know by past reations that he will be in trouble with these kind of actions but im sure he is 100percent catholic... as he was before he joined us!! But i must say if he had jestured to any other teams fans it would not be nearly as bad as this!!!

13. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Personally, I hate it when fans abuse players but then get all girlie when a player gives them something back and complain about it.
    If I slagged a hun during a game that provoked a reaction from him, I wouldlove it rather than complain about it.

14. Lazycame

Fav Celtic Player:
    McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    SFA will fine him, WGS under questioning will say that Artur has to look at his future conduct and then we will all look forward to the next time he does something similar.

15. Quigley 13

yes every match,even for poland

16. rabt1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc, Skippy, Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, some others we shall not mention .......
    Its pretty poor is you ask me.

Boruc gets dogs abuse from the manky mob, all the time, and you have to admit you'd do the same or worse. Still to be fair, he should've known better !!

17. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    Can you blame the guy for giving the huns the finger? Was it so bad that you will be RAGING with him? Can you not see why he done it?

Proffesional or not, he had 10,000 huns or however many, baying for his blood! A mere flick of the finger is * all in comparison!! To try and doubt the mans faith is a sad move. Written record???

What I'm saying is.......all the fuss over him 'flippin' the finger to a mob of scumbags baying for his blood has been twisted to the extent where the victim has become the accused. Because he had a stinker gave the huns the ammo to pelt him with the most hurting of insults toward him and his faith yet he sticks a finger up and is up on a charge. IT IS NOT A CRIME TO BLESS YOURSELF..NOR IS PUTTING A FINGER UP. Religious hatrid IS!! thats the real issue ffs!!!
    :31:

18. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Wouldnt surprise me if certain tabloid newspapers have cameramen concentrating on Artur just snapping him during every game ...:38:

19. lubo#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm in agreement with this, its bad enough the laptop loyal have it in for him, we don't need our own turning on him.
    2 months or so ago the big man was the toast of the euro's, now a couple of slips and he's a fat drunk who is no better than a ned embarassing the club. Load a * *.
    The main worry here is we don't have adequate back up, and the sfa will be aware of this when deciding between fine or suspension.

20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I had an argument with Bill Leckie on that very subject.

He wrote something in an article stating that he was studying Boruc straight after the final whistle of a game against the huns.

I suggested to him it was media stalking of a player, and almost willing him to do something to get them a story.