1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pearse67*

when read like that he is as much to blame.

2. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll admit I didn't want Lennon here but he has done a great job since coming back, especially in the EL group stage. And it hurts me to criticise him due to the abuse he's taken over the years to be with us, but there's a clear mentality issue with his team's when we are the favourites, was a recurring problem his first time here.

charlietully and Pearse67* like this.
  3. CountyDownFaithful

Can’t legislate for the individual mistakes, it’s as simple as that.

What he should have done though was play 3-5-2 and have Griffiths on from the start because we were missing a spark.

And what he needs to do going forward is learn from this. Clearly didn’t learn much from the Cluj game.

cfcturbo likes this.
  4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Not jumping ship on him … but ..

" I want 4 or 5 in , not projects but ready made players able to step in right away "

In your own time Neil , dont hold back .

oh bhoy and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  5. Trequartista

Playing 2 up top suits our general play much more as well as bringing out the best in Eddy, which I think is a massive factor in how we play. Everyone could see he was totally isolated as the lone striker. We’ve been scoring for fun and the two have linked up really well. Major own goal from Lennon there.

It seems like it’s all we say after games like this. Just makes you think how many times we are going to suffer in this manner before anything changes.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  6. stevoEOS

I’m not saying he should be slagging players to the media but don’t repeatedly say he has done great when most of his performances are error prone.

We are where we are because we did not strengthen in a position where we clearly needed to strengthen. Relying on someone who is extremely injury prone to fill in as cover is taking a massive risk then add to that he’s nowhere near good enough especially against better opposition. We should’ve brought in another central defender and didn’t. We have been exposed at the back even against teams near the bottom of the league but our mistakes weren’t punished. Yet another Jan transfer window which has come back to bite us in the *.

john2061 likes this.
  7. wulliebad

We are one pen save away from letting in 5 goals in 2 games,they ran through our defence last night like it was on holiday and yet their defence was tight, well organized and hard to break down.
    I think it was the 41st minute before eddy had a shot on goal.
    There is something wrong at our club when we cant build a defence yet so called smaller clubs do it with less money and do it very well.
    Maybe this is the game lenny will learn from,i hope so because he has not learned from the last 5 or 10 cluster * we have had in europe.

8. wulliebad

I don't mind changing things,sometimes you got no choice with players missing ect,but really * me off is wating till the 70min to make a change to something that is clearly not working.
    After 5 mins i thought we was the away team.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He takes a chunk of blame for both games but, for me, mainly because he never signed a left sided centre half.

Ajer can’t play there, Welsh shouldn’t be relied on, Jozo isn’t good enough, Bitton isn’t the answer.

So if his intention was to remain playing 3 at the back he doesn’t have the appropriate personnel to do it.

Slaw likes this.
  10. Bonobhoy

Not overly fussed about this tbh,now ive had a sleep.

We are on the verge of a Quad Treble,Sevco only have 2 more European games,in which they will get beaten.

Lenny just cant * about with the system anymore and put players in like that...the honeymoon period for that is far over.

Im going for an unbeaten domestic run now and clean sweep...With no Europe im expecting the Quad

11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Lennon is a good coach when his budget is 20 times the rest of his competition, i.e. domestically.

freitassen likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he was unbelievable calm in his interview afterwards.

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lazio, Rennes, Cluj?

KRS-1888, Callum McGregor and Mickmac like this.
  14. joemc

Usual pish after the wheels come off ,when you change things and it works your the best in the world ,when u dont or you do and it fails your not good enough , end of the day we didnt play well enough , that's the bottom line .

They were better than given credit for , and coped well with our play , had a threat going fwd and as we had not scored the game was always there for them .

Mickmac likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs Guardiola couldnt have helped sumo gifting them a goal. We was in control until then. They barely made a shot.

Mickmac likes this.
  16. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly. Nothing wrong with the team selection or tactics. It was tactics that limited them to exactly zero chances and had us in control before Jozo's * up and tactics that in that same period gave us 2 good chances (Ely and Eddy). It wasn't tactics that caused us to miss so many chances over the 2 legs or Jozo's * up or Julien firing a daft ball to Rogic on the halfway line that he mis-controls or that allowed their striker to out-muscle 3 of our strongest players on the edge of the box. Tactically we were at least as good if not better than them but the players let themselves down with missed chances and bad play. People now re-writing history saying Simunovic shouldn't have played - doubt many were saying it before the game as we all expected him to play. And you can't just go and buy a new CB in January if they're not there. We had the players, formation and tactics to win but too many players let us and Lennon down.

17. wulliebad

That is unfair,lenny has given us some great nights in the EU and the CL.
    And yes there have been some howlers.

Mickmac likes this.
  18. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Love him but he made a royal * of the team selection, formation and tactics last night, he better learn from it.

19. cammy07

Keep seeing this, we weren't forced to play him, there were other options available to him. Lennon clearly rates him and the faith he's shown in him is baffling tbh. We could all see a howler like that coming, was a case of when and not if.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Europe always gives us a barometer as a side..

We're definitely a work in progress.

Mickmac and Callum McGregor like this.
  21. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Griffiths was on too late, yesterday. I'd have hooked Šimunović instead of Elyounoussi, as well.

The biggest issue was Lennon not demanding a CB in January.

dbhoy72 likes this.