1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exactly 1 year ago.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 24, 2020.

Discuss Exactly 1 year ago..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He better be there, Ronny Roar or we riot.

FranceCelt, Random Review and HTG like this.
  2. Keano88

Maybe we should let Brendan up.

Ronny Roar fist pump right in his greasy face in front of 60k :84:

[​IMG]

Seán Mac D and JML67 like this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It was a release clause, if Rodgers wanted out he was out. Celtic could do nothing. To keep Rodgers happy we would have had to join the epl.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  4. cammy07

1. Don't like him and I wouldn't like to see him doing well ever again, but that level of hatred I did have for him isn't there anymore given we've improved massively from his season 2 and 3.

2. As above really, his first season here was incredible, the first half of season 2 was more about keeping the unbeaten run going, I thought we were scared to lose and it lead to some * performances. His final season here was a mess up untill the winter break, things clearly went sour behind the scenes and he was then just waiting for his first half decent offer.

3. Easily, our performances in the europa this season have blown anything Rodgers did out the water. Financially the champions league is where we're desperate to be, but when you see teams getting skelped 5/6/7 every match day it makes you wonder. Give me our europa performances this season over any of the champions league groups we were in.

4. No and it would be absolutely idiotic even entertaining it, would sour the whole atmosphere tbh. He played a huge part in our success, but he made his bed, he needs to lie in it. Even he surely couldn't be arrogant enough to genuinely believe he'd ever be welcomed back.

5. Yes and no. Its easy to say with hindsight now that he's been a great appointment but it's also fair to say he had alot to prove that he was the correct man for the job. He's done that and more though and I couldn't be more delighted he's here

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm not bitter or angry about his departure, in fact i have no feelings towards the wax faced tranny * big nosed * talkin midget *. :42:

6. joemc

I can describe it like the relationship were you finally found the 1 , you trust and fully give your heart and she confesses her undying love for you ,other guys want her and eye her always ,but she tells u she is yours and never wants to leave , you offer your hand to protect your investment in her and plan to move to a bigger house ,then something doesnt feel right , before the 3rd year you catch her in bed wae a big English c#nt , brenda you * * , I hate you .
    But an old flame returns to heal your heartbreak, and is better in the sack too , Lennise welcome back .

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  7. oh bhoy

Rodgers acted the * by jumping ship when he did but no manager is gonna put up with not getting the players he wants

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Yeah the Mcginn fiasco was pish from Lawell, but the "calibre" of player he wanted included Scott Mckenna, Olly Burke, Jeremy Tolijan, Marvin Compper, Jack Hendry, Kouassi, a horrific waste of money.

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He came to the club knowing there would be a restricted budget. He had to try and get players within that, really he failed. De Vries, Compper, 2nd spell Izzy, Toljan,Hendry, Gamboa, Morgan, Musonda, Toljan and Burke. We couldn't sell Boyata because he couldn't find a decent replacement. He tore up a scouting unit we had in place to find them. He has to take responsibility.

10. oh bhoy

you ain't wrong but i dare say the players we ended up with maybe weren't all the top targets

11. oh bhoy

Aye there are some Bizzare signings it does make you wonder what the * was going on but to add some balance dembele ,eddy,ntcham,sinclair

12. leeso-ardoyne

Not in a million years would I welcome that Judas * back at Parkhead! He's up there with mo Johnston in my book and anyone who welcomes him back is a *! He could have derailed our 8&9IAR and without them, there's no 10! In hindsight it's ok because we won 8 and very close to 9 but anything could have happened once a new manager came in Mid season! Lenny deserves all the credit he deserves for getting us the 8 and 9 along with the treble treble!

* Rodgers!

bagforlife and monkeynuts like this.
  13. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The invincibles season is probably my most favoured memory out of the current 8 (Soon to be 9) in a row tbh, going a whole season unbeaten is something I don’t think we’ll ever see again. His following 2 seasons were good in terms of trophies won but the football sometimes was absolute pish, plus getting humped in Europe more often than not wasn’t pleasant

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It is what it is. We are in a better place now he is gone.
    Life is too short to get bent out of shape over him walking out on us the way he did but we, the Celtic family are bigger than any individual.
    He has made his bed.
    I am over it. Walk on/move on
    He did make a few good signings but a lot of dross.
    The only thing that lingers for me is the McGinn Boyata circus, cost us big money, made a total * of it.

15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I never did sing that fukin awful song..
    'Brendan Rodgers is here for ten in a row'
    Spew inducing sick bucket material.
    He shat it big time....they were too close, if he'd lost the league to Gerrard his reputation was destroyed.. a big part of the Reason he bailed early.

Shitbag.

FranceCelt and Westlondonscot like this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Big snakey * who couldnt set up a team in europe. Must have been our worst performances ever. They way psg took us apart. All his fault. Bug toothed snake *.

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree, those European gubbings were his fault, hard to take.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Garbage!!?

Been a few turgid games but we have also seen some incredible stuff.

19. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    He is on a par with Judas for me. Should never be welcome back at Celtic park.

Invincible season was great. Considering the sheep were our biggest threat!!

2nd and 3rd season. Football was dire and at times a real struggle to watch.

Europe well, least said about that the better...

Signings? Sinclair apart were poor. Dembele was already in the bag when he arrived. N'tcham was more to do with Lawell connections to Man City through his son and Eddie was also more to do with Pete's interactions with PSG than Rodgers and Congerton finding them.

He wanted McKenna for *'s sake and was willing to pay way over the odds for him. No wonder Pete went head to head with him. That s his job...

Letting Boyata back after downing tools. Naw just Naw.....plus Fulham where willing to pay £9m for him ........

He tried to take our full backroom team with him. Didn't give a toss about the club or more importantly the fans who stood by him and thought he could do no wrong. Unforgivable......

As I said on a par with Judas for me.....

FranceCelt and Random Review like this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    It wouldn't have shocked me if that was the reason. Losing that 1 match to Gerrard was embarrassing for him. I don't think he wanted to risk losing to him in the future.

Sonic Reducer likes this.