1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 16, 2020.

Discuss FC Kobenhavn v Celtic, Europa League, Thu 20th Feb, KO 17:55. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    If they had done their homework, we would have been ripped apart for 90 minutes not just 45.

Forunately it took them the first half to see what the could have seen if they'd have watched either of the hun games

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    17 odd attempts away from home in europe is mental.

That's what I'm most annoyed at. Got to take your chances at this level...the tie should be done.

As it stands they still have a chance. But it's far from a terrible result. Just hugely frustrating.

3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    starting to feel like a 2-1 defeat a wee bit now … but its no ! lets get this done next Thursday troops .

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Thought we were excellent in that first half but really disappointed that, A - we didn't get a second goal in that opening 45 mins, and B - that we let them back into the tie in the second half.

I'd have taken a 1-1 before KO, but having seen the two sides we really don't have anything to fear.

5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I had money on 1-1 so it could've been worse, I still wanted us to get a 2nd goal though.

6. john2061

After 15 mins of the second half Lenny should have changed it and waited too long to make changes and with Copenhagen changing their shape in midfield we couldn't get out of our half .
    So maybe a wee lesson there for Lenny to be quicker to make changes .

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    John that’s 3 times now a team has done that against us and Lenny doesn’t seem to have the answer worrying!

Dan Breen and cas79 like this.
  8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Should have been game over In the 1st half.

Cant believe this new handball rule though...utter *

9. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Our passing in the second half was diabolical......Can't believe how many times we gifted them the ball. We will pump them at CP though.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

We needed a bit more composure in the second half. Lennon & co must have known that Copenhagen would have to come out and have a bit of a go, but we didn't really change what we were doing until we were already well under the cosh.

Too many players panicking in possession and getting dragged out of position, and we looked awfully ragged.

joemc likes this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointing scoreline but a decent enough result. The fact we created so many openings gives me hope that we'll score a few at Parkhead.

Their keeper was unreal, as was that penalty save from big Forster.

joemc likes this.
  12. john2061

Yes agree it was like the zombies came out for the second half there and again Lenny sat and watched us getting overan in the midfield and didn't do anything to sort it .

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

All a learning curve. Could've been a different story if his end product was a bit sharper. In hindsight we shouldve had Ajer at RB and Jozo at CB.

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I think thinking that early on. Would have meant we could move from a 4 to a 3 fluidly if we wanted

Slaw likes this.
  15. freitassen

I am really disappointed. FC Copenhagen is an horrible team, who didn't have a single good match this in Europe. In fact, we made them look good in the second half. Almost everything was horrible and Forster rescued us again. When we were lucky against the huns in the league cup final people were saying we surely won't be as bad as this again and look what happened.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  16. Foley1888

That was a strange old game first half should have been out of sight, if it hadn’t been for some good goalkeeping and poor finishing we would have been.

swcosn half although we got overrun we still missed some big chances and other than the penalty save big Fraser hardly had a thing to do. Julien deserves a mention in amongst the headless chickens that was our team in the second half he really stepped up, easily our man of the match.

Ntcham and Christie had very poor games and McGregor was poor second half the game just passed them by and brown was struggling before he had to go off.

I thought Eddy although he got a lack of service was pretty lazy second half and didn’t do enough to hold the ball in when he did get it which meant we couldn’t get out, although CalMac should have played him in for a 1 on 1.

For everything good Ajer and Hayes done there were two things bad.

Given all that and how many poor performances we have I still feel on chances we should have won about 4-2.

Hopefully sharpen up for the return leg. When teams try the narrow midfield we need to switch the play quicker fromand get it wide quickly, eddy done this perfectly to Frimpong on one occasion and he had the full side of the park to himself. It’s the same in the rangers games by crowding in narrow the quick switch of play is always on if you move the ball quick enough.

17. dmac

The midfield got passed by in the 2nd half they didn't compete as well as they should have done all to play for next week

18. Sentinel

Thanks for saying this mate. Level-headed and calm. Just in from the pub and then saw the fuckwits across the city come from 2 down to beat a decent side.

Our lack of basic composure and game management has been apparent for aeons, but it is never addressed.

We are a passive and reactive side. We only react to where the ball is on the pitch at any time - we never anticipate and act accordingly, or have systems in place for any scenarios.

I want to rant and rant hard, but I'm howling at the moon. Insanity is what it is. Watching this team and expecting a different outcome. Lazio was an outlier - a great one, but an outlier all the same.

If Brown is out for any length of time, I genuinely fear for us.

joemc likes this.
  19. Pearse67*

Go 2 uptop against this crowd at home we’ll bury em!

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The result itself is decent, just shocked at how poor we were 2nd half, after such a good first half display.