1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

La Liga 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jul 1, 2019.

Discuss La Liga 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Barca paying 20 million euros for a 28 year old journeyman Danish striker who was a less than a 1 in 4 striker for Middlesbrough the last few seasons is absolutely * chronic.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Pish signing and just a pretty disgusting rule overall.

Essentially guarantees Leganes will go down, all because Barca are a * and can’t sort their own squad out.

Cobbs67 and Callum McGregor like this.
  3. cammy07

They've given Braithwaite a 4 and a half year deal :giggle1:

No wonder they're in such a state at the moment, absolutely disgustingly bad recruitment has set them back years.

4. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    This emergency loan thing makes me laugh anyhow... Its Barcelona. Surely they have a player that they can put in there, best youth academy in the world and all that.
    I mean I would be raging if Celtic signed Braithwaite...

5. cammy07

Wouldn't be so bad if it was a loan, they're now stuck with a guy who isn't even close to being good enough to get on their bench for 4 and a half years.

It's * over leganes too losing their top scorer whilst in a relegation scrap.

Moore likes this.
  6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Who wants to argue that Barca aren’t in free fall now?

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I really don’t understand how Barcelona we’re allowed to do that and sign a player in their own league.

Now Leganes have asked to do the same to replace Braithwaite and it’s been rejected. Can’t have one rule for one team and a different rule for another.

8. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    You don’t understand the rules then. Nothing to do with what Barca was allowed to do specifically, this is a league rule within Primera Liga. Injuries exceeding 5 months outside the transfer window are allowed once medical reports are approved/confirmed. From there, players in Spain have buyouts - nothing more, nothing less. No one is an indentured servant to any club, if a player wants to leave and clause is paid it's as simple as that

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Bottom line is that Barcelona should have to deal with the problem themselves, not just pass the problem on to Leganes.

Give a youth player a chance instead of taking a player from a relegation side who need Braithwaite a lot more than Barcelona do. Absolute joke.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don’t blame Barca for exploiting the rule, but it’s a farce, given that it disadvantages one club for another.

11. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Misplaced if not irrational, blame LFP & RFEF

Leganes' SD, Martín Ortega: "Barca have acted in correct manner. They contacted us Monday, and only option was to pay clause. We cannot hold it against them as they used the rules which currently exist. But we don't think rules are fair."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  12. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Total joke of a rule that, there’s a transfer window for a reason !!

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Sorry, but Barcelona have to accept some blame too.

Absolutely no thought for a struggling team far worse off than them. The only irrational thing is their behaviour and taking advantage of a * rule. Braithwaite isn’t going to win them the title let’s be honest.

They probably won’t even play Braithwaite much if at all. They’ve actually got the cheek to give him a presentation too I’ve just seen there.

I’ve always liked Barcelona but they are a * show now, it’s laughable.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They haven’t really been likeable for years. Go about their business more like Real Madrid now.

MacEwan likes this.
  15. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    In what footballing world do clubs take decisions with a different club in mind first? The SD from Leganes said it himself, Barca handled themselves correctly - it's the rule and the lack of recourse for a club to recover a player should they lose them outside the window to said rule.

It's only a story because Leganes is at the bottom of the table and Barca certainly has contributed to that by beating them in November - should they have gifted them points too?

Stay tuned but there's absolutely no chance that Braithwaite won't be played - the squad is lacking depth and that, absolutely, Barca deserve blame for not planning properly. For not anticipating that Dembele simply has been an injury concern since his arrival and by no means someone to count on. For not adding a #9 for depth behind Luis Suarez much less spending 120M on Griezmann when he's neither a winger nor #9 that they needed.

The sporting direction of the club is * poor but Braithwaite was the best option available since the rule dictates the player must come from a Spanish club or a free agent without a club. I would've had far less optimism had the choice been Angel from Getafe despite his stats being better - I like Martin's versatility and pace. Whether he flourishes over these next 4 months, we'll see but there simply is no depth in the first team squad now. There are depth concerns at every area of the pitch and yet they still loaned several players out in the winter window. Board is full of clowns, no disagreement from me but they don't deserve blame with respect to Leganes IMO

Peej likes this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Let’s agree to disagree.

I’d be raging if I was a youth player watching Martin * Braithwaite strut into the team. I’d probably hang the boots up.

When teams have injuries they adapt, call up reserves or youths, play someone out of position which there have been many positive examples of. They don’t pick the bones of a team in turmoil.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've only just clocked Barca signed that diddy Braithwaite..

As a club they're finished for me. "Messi to Suarez and Braithwaite is offside". My word what a donkey of a signing..

State of this guy :56:

dbhoy72, Doogs. and Keano88 like this.
  18. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    I only agree that the club have been run incredibly amateurish by Bartomeu & that they have eroded the very foundation of the club by not trusting in the cantera by developing players for the first team. In the decade since Laporta’s reign quite possibly the only promotion to eventually stick in the first team may end up being Fati, and he hasn’t even actually been promoted yet

19. Keano88

:56::56::56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The first is bad enough but he then tries another a bit more low key and * that as well:56:

Seen jakeys in the park ask for a kick and come up with better than him..

Rydo1888*, Keano88 and Doogs. like this.