1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Falsehood.

2. Keano88

Still waiting on you pointing me to the part where I said either should start or that we should start fringe players.

As I said, learn to read before talking pish.

3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Klimala needs to get his head down in training, never mind your 'minutes in the legs'. That type of phrase is reserved for players that need game time because they will play a big part in rest of the season, Klimala will be lucky to get a place on the bench for crying out loud. Lennon had Bayo on the bench on Sunday and Klimala was now where to be seen. You need to go away, have a little re-think then return with a more sensible post. Can you do that me?

4. Keano88

So you can’t show me where I said either should start or we should start fringe players? :56:

That’s cleared that up.

Liam Scales and HTG like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Seemingly he’s not fancied behind the scenes .... last thing am gonna do is listen to what some banger of a blogger has to say who’s source isn’t even anyone at the club but a guy who writes for the athletic who seemingly has a source at the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's been here 3 weeks fs :celtman2:

littlekennie and Mince.Charming like this.
  7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The same stories were doing the rounds about big Jullien just after he arrived.
    Give the lad a chance.

8. horseshoe

Eddy and Thumb partnership has been on fire since we came back from the break, I don't know why anyone would be expecting other strikers to make more than the odd 10-15 minute cameo at the moment. Why do people have to go looking for gossip and spout * about players not getting games when when the obvious reason is staring them in the face.

9. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Spot on...

10. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I remember reading similar about Boli and CJ after the Cluj loss at Parkhead. It was some * about neither player being Lenny signings, their teammates thinking they weren't up to scratch etc. Utter nonsense. The internet has so much to answer for, and ten-a-penny articles by ITK football 'journalists' is high on that list.

The more likely scenario is that both Klimala and Soro are being bedded in, and we'll see more of them post-split (assuming the league is wrapped up with 3 or 4 games to spare). They were definitely signed with next season in mind, and the club should be commended for that.

littlekennie and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't think anyone is expecting him to be a regular starter, but it would be good to see him get some game time. The whole "he's being given time to adapt to the country" is an easy excuse to throw out. On occasion a player will sign for a club and need a while to get acclimatise to the country and club, but it's not common.

We've had that with Shved. Now Klimala and Soro? Must be the unluckiest team around if all 3 are needing months to settle so they can play for us.

Again, I'm not expecting Klimala and Soro to be regulars. But Soro has been here for 11 matches and only made the matchday squad once. Klimala has played 113 minutes since signing for us in the second week of January. Given we've been scudding teams fairly regularly this year, I'd have expected both of them to have played more than they have.

12. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    It's moreso that it's a luxury we can afford. They'll get minutes in due course, the regulars are doing fine just now.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    These bloggers are actually Celtic fans! Amazing the * they come out with!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  14. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Fans complain (including me) when we sign lads during the summer and they are not ready for the champions league qualifiers, but fans also complain when we sign them in January with June in mind.

We're six wins away from the title, get it wrapped up and then game time can be handed out. The key issue is getting guys like Soro and Klimala ready for next season.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep..

About how he looked awful in training and wasn't rated because he wasn't getting a game at the beginning..

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Shved wasn't Lennon's signing and reading between the lines he obviously doesn't fancy him on what he's seen.

Soro hasn't even been at the club a month and Klimala less than 6 weeks. I don't see how the acclimatising is an excuse, they're young guys in a new country for the first time and trying to get into a team that has won every game domestically since they arrived.

Both will get their chance (Klimala already has had a few) but they will need to be patient and graft to get upto speed. They were clearly signings made with an eye on the future.

The same people bemoaning the lack of their game-time would be the first to slaughter Lennon if he played them and we dropped points or fell out the cup.

charlietully and snails67 like this.
  17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    If he wasn't fancied behind the scenes he wouldn't make the bench even. Why people are looking stories where there aren't any is beyond me.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Klimala and Soro have both picked up knocks as well since coming in..

Soro did against the sheep reserves which is why he was taken off at half time the other week and got 75 today..

Klimala has had some fleeting game time here and there but really limited bar Clyde where he showed some decent bits bar the 1 on 1..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not if he's bringing them on when games are won, which is really my only issue with it.

3-0 up against Ross County with 20 odd minutes left - Klimala isn't given any game time. 3-0 up against St Johnstone within 30 minutes - Klimala gets 9 minutes. 4-0 up against Motherwell - he gets 8 minutes.

Even yesterday, 3-1 up against 10 men and he doesn't get on. Bayo instead comes on for only 15 minutes.

I get that you don't change a winning team and these guys were definitely signed with an eye on the future. That's perfectly understandable. But I don't buy that they couldn't and shouldn't be bedding in just now. Surely the best way to acclimatise is by getting minutes on the pitch here and there and getting to grips with how we play and the way the opposition plays in Scotland?

The qualifiers for European football come quick so we could really be doing with these guys getting accustomed to our football ASAP.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thing is, there’s a full squad of players the manager has to try and keep happy, and only three subs for each game. Something to bare in mind imo.