1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Caroline Flack

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaulM1888, Feb 15, 2020.

Discuss Caroline Flack in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

Bullshit nonsense? Such as?

Go read up about it where? Where are you getting your facts from? So far you just attack people as wrong, then don't provide any reason why they are wrong or what knowledge you have.

You attack people for accepting what the papers say or what they see on social media. You attack people for not accepting innocent until guilty. Both very fair points, but a you then accepts rumours as factual and even managed to create your own version of events. You put faith in her defence team questioning the trial. Across both threads you've massively downplayed the level of the accusations and making excuses for things you have no knowledge about.

You do see how that comes across?

You're clearly super defensive of Caroline. It would be good to see some substance in your posts than deflection and personal attacks.

Where are you getting the full story?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m super defensive of reality. Caroline Flack herself I know next to nothing about, she might have been a monster but you or I aren’t privy to whether or not that’s the case. Therefore I find the media trashing her disgusting in the same way I’d find the media trashing any young professional to make money disgusting. Is that understandable enough?

If you think I’m making it personal you’re either deluded or paranoid. You though appear to have a bee in yer bunnet, you’d be quicker sending a private message and not polluting a public thread.

Gyp Rosetti and Slaw like this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

she probably was advised to volunteer it. there's always financial stress when your main job is in danger of going.

Keano88 likes this.
  4. Onefootwonder

A bee in my bonnet? It was you that started questioning me today. As I said before I'm 100% happy to ignore you. If you're going to question me and call bullshit I will ask you to explain.

I'm staying on topic and trying to discuss the case. You keep forcefully telling me and other to read the full story, telling them they are wrong and then appear to know nothing yourself although keep pretending you do. It's an odd discussion.

You've now said countless times that people should go read up and get the full story before posting. I have asked 4 times where you got the full story, but you then deflect. It's straight out of the Jim Traynor book.

Of course there was going to massive interest in the case. It's a huge court case for someone who is very popular on the social media scene.

Twisty likes this.
  5. Keano88

Yeah, pretty sure I read she’d sold her £1m mansion after the attack and ‘stepping down’ from Love Island.

I’m no Columbo but I’d guess that was done for financial reasons with the uncertainty over her main job.

6. Onefootwonder

She was working on a new TV show. Channel 4 had recorded a show called The Surjery. That's the way they spell it.

It's was also under scrutiny and pressure for the content. A bunch of women compete to win plastic surgery. That's irresponsible. No doubt the standard of applicant are the type we see on Love Island.

That show was always going to get very negative press regardless of who was hosting it.

7. Keano88

King of Kings likes this.
  8. Dhan

I have not went over the last 8 pages but I do feel sorry for the girl and her family .R.I.P.

I dont really get the trolling thing as I dont use social media of any kind apart from here and post now and again .I do worry for my kids as they are never without their phone and my 15 year girl especially being worried about things that I give no thought to really .

People are changing in they way the communicate to each other and its not for the better

Mental Health is not a subject I am qualified to have any opinion on and yes sadly I am of a generation where i can be completely ignorant to it

Taz likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Instagram draft from Caroline’s account;

For a lot of people, being arrested for common assault is an extreme way to have some sort of spiritual awakening but for me it's become the normal.
    I've been pressing the snooze button on many stresses in my life - for my whole life.
    I've accepted shame and toxic opinions on my life for over 10 years and yet told myself it's all part of my job. No complaining.
    The problem with brushing things under the carpet is.... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.
    On December the 12th 2019 I was arrested for common assault on my boyfriend...
    Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me, collapsed.
    I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen.
    I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident.
    I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.
    But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident.
    The blood that someone SOLD to a newspaper was MY blood and that was something very sad and very personal.
    The reason I am talking today is because my family can't take anymore.
    I've lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.
    I can't spend every day hidden away being told not to say or speak to anyone.
    I'm so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through.
    I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back'. I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.
    I can't say anymore than that.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A reminder to some never to comment so vehemently on something you know 2% of the story on....

11. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sad reading that.:(

12. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Shame she didn’t publish that before she resorted to suicide. Think she would have gained a lot more sympathy for her situation.
    Just a tragic story all round.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Tragic for everyone involved.

They've probably deleted it now but the Sun was printing stories about how her boyfriend was "ready to move on" and "already had his eyes on someone"...knowing that she was vulnerable and barred from contacting him and had no way of asking.

If it was my friend or family member I would be gunning for the red top press and not stop til I got them.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nothing will change in regards to the press or twitter. Its a symbiotic releationship for celebrities. They need the rags for publicity, to stay in the public eye. And the general public as a rule lap it up, the sheer volume of reality & celebrity based shows on TV proves this.

I have a some sympathy for her family, not so much the friends. Those celebs will pay lip service to her memory and the evil of the press. Its actually notable most of them are using the term trolls rather than press when condeming the treatment shes received, implying twitter, rather than their newspaper buddies. The general public dismay at this is levelled firmly at the red tops.
    Looking back through the articles now, admitting I knew very little of her, I have a genuine curiosity as to why they reported on it so much and so agressivley. Was she that popular or was the story just so 'juicey' for them?

The lesson I would be impressing on people from this is that actions, all actions have consequences. Regardless of whether she attacked the boyfriend or simply threw something in a fit of anger and it connected, that moment has led to her feeling the worst possible feeling a person could have leading to the ultimate decision. Sad.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Must gave tripped up and grabbed a lamp to stop her fall, landing on her bf, skelping him with it in the process.

16. Al Bootyerbaws

The boyfriend who called the police on her should be kept an eye on by his family for a while incase he does anything silly. He must be riddled with guilt.

King of Kings and Twisty like this.
  17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Aye. Shame on the guy as he done the right thing in those circumstances.

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Heartbreaking man.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

No really getting your angle here mate. Do you think she deserved to die because of what she apparently done?

By all accounts the blood stained covers were supposedly from her self harming, not smashing her man with a lamp.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I would say it would've been best not to speculate, let justice run it's course, presumption of innocence til proven guilty...but that's not how the gutter press operate. They hear some of the story and fill in the gaps with speculation and sensationalism to get clicks and punt papers.

If it gets found to be inaccurate later on then they can print a very sincere, 2 line apology on page 47.

Doogs. likes this.