1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's a fantastic record, sometimes we forget that the manger and players are only human, they're not robots, as supporters our expectation levels are sky high, in the last few years we've enjoyed domestic success on an incredible level, winning 10 out of the last 10 domestic trophies, we may even go on and secure the QT, that's just mind blowing !

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, especially because guys like that weren’t an option when it came down to it. The Rat having left us at the first opportunity, Rose going to the bundesliga and Benitez getting a £14m a year job.

Some absolute moon units Last year convinced themselves that was our market.

Saying that, I would have took Lenny infront of them as well. Long may this continue.

Gyp Rosetti and Mickmac like this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    You wait * ages for a treble, then along come 3 on the trot, also we waited tae the uglies were in the league, just to make it fishal like. :67:

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Benitez was my first pick and McAvennie told me at a speakers do that we were talking to him and that he was the preferred candidate and I got sucked in by that.

But outwith him (who was never realistic) then Lennon was my next pick. I said if we backed him in the transfer market that he'd deliver us success.

You just wonder where we'd be if we hadn't had a shocking time with injuries. A fully fit Elhamed, Elyounouissi etc. going into this Europa game. Scary.

Gyp Rosetti and Liam Scales like this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I thought about this today funnily enough, we've been fairly dominant in Scottish football for the majority of my lifetime but the last 4 years have been incredible. So much so that it is a strange feeling when we actually lose a game... Can't even remember a prolonged 'poor spell'.

Under Deila we had some patchy form but still won trophies, before that it must be Mowbray when we actually were pretty * for most of the season?

Special times just now:shamrock:

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not to mention on way to 10 domestic trophies we * them out the cups on a few occasions aswell!

7. john2061

Lenny has done brilliant and only problem I saw on Sunday is cross balls into our box and defence is all about the place and hopefully he will sort it and hopefully another treble this year .

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    First opportunity would have been the summer window. He also continued to use him throughout the first half - continued usage = persisting.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Punting him in the summer without seeing first hand what he could do would've been dereliction of duty. He was on loan at Sunderland til the summer.

Many - including myself - would've punted Christie after his fair to middling loan spells at Aberdeen. Now he's developed into one of our most important players.

Morgan isn't anywhere near as bad as some like to make out; people talk about him as if he was a Carlton Cole. He isn't a centre forward, he was asked to do a job when our other 3 strikers weren't able to play and did it without any huffs. He played up there in a Europa game, scored a good goal in what was a great team performance.

He's gone now. We got decent money and he played his part in what could be another historic season. I find it bizarre that people continue to try to use Morgan being played as a stick to beat Lennon with.

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Was talking to my da today, he wanted Lenny I didn't at the time.

He was rubbing it in saying no other manager this season would have been able to get the team spirit we needed after the reptile left. His other comment was you can see the players are really in it for each other through him and you can see it at the end of games the way the are puffing the chests out.

Was hard to argue with the auld cocky *.

11. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yer da seems a smart man mate you should listen to him more often :84:

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s a different manager this time around than he was previously. I personally didn’t take that into account and I know a lot of others wouldn’t have done either when he was announced. He definitely deserved much more respect than he got at that time.

His brand of football is better, his tactical nous is better, his willingness to listen and adapt is better and when you combine that with the attributes he already had; game intelligence and a rock solid competitive spirit then we’re seeing the results of that being delivered on the park and in the trophy cabinet.

13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

He has his moments mate. :50:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    First opportunity of having any prolonged time with him. I think by the end of Neil Lennon’s second tenure here people will probably have forgotten who Morgan even is, never mind people thinking him punting him 6 months after taking charge is ‘continued usage’ of him.

Scott Sinclair, for example, has played more games under Lenny than Morgan. Would you say he persisted to use him?

Gyp Rosetti and Mince.Charming like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The willingness to adapt was always his biggest strength I thought. First time round he done it a plethora of times.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I really base that on going to 3 at the back tbh because it’s coincided with a burst of blistering form since Dubai and it seems to suit several of our main players!

The last time I can remember a manager doing that under pressure from the manks was when Crosas and Donati were removed for Hartley and Robson and drove us to the league when we looked down and out.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Last time I can remember is Neil Lennon changing to a diamond and us beating Hearts 7-1 then Motherwell 5-0 when we had been struggling before that in his last season. His first season moving from 2 wingers to that sort of hybrid system with Broony on the right as well.

Love a manager who isn’t married to the one system or style.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Still, lots of work to be done..

Including righting a woeful and inept performance v an average Hun team.

ArturBorucCSC and JML67 like this.
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Word.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Im 35, and we are about to hit our 9th title on a trot. That's dominance for a quarter of my life. I don't remember any of the 80s wins (was not into football), but since and included 98 we have won 15 titles (another coming), 9 cups and 10 league cups. Rangers 7 titles, 6 cups, 7 league cups. The last 20 odd years have been ours. I think it would be difficult to go back. Losing is a weird feeling (domestic anyway).

JML67 likes this.