1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Split Home and aways.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Feb 17, 2020.

Discuss Post Split Home and aways. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

As it stands now by the time match day 33 is completed we will have played the top 6 away twice already.

How do the powers at be determine who play away 3 times?

Gurantee we need to go to almonvale and easter road again.

2. cammy07

Think it is agreed all derby games will be 2 and 2, everything else is fair game.

Of the current top 6 I'd take a third trip to either Fir Park or Pittodrie tbh.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It could be done by them imo, we are the most consistent at getting results in ages where as that mob aren’t. Get Livingston and Hibs away out the road before the midden and we will be fine.

cammy07 likes this.
  4. cammy07

Yeah I think Livingston is the banana skin, a horrible anti football team on a pitch barely worthy of * football. Get that game won and we're flying.

We've not won there since they came back up, so they're due a skelping.

CH4 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

The bonus of this fixture is, its being played under flood lights I hate early kick offs
    so hopefully blow them away this time

Whoflungdung likes this.
  6. GavCFC1

It will depend on what teams have played at home 16 times and who have played 17

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Surely it would just make far more sense to say “well Celtic have played at Easter Road twice, so the 4th game should be at Celtic Park”, no?

We should be playing every team in the top 6 twice at home and twice away. If that means we have 4 home games or 4 away games post split then so be it.

CookieMonster, saltire78 and Peej like this.
  8. john2061

Will call it now Celtic 3 away and 2 home and zombies 3 home and 2 away .

9. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Did we no end up with extra away games last year too?..it's a pile of pish this system, every team should be playing 2 home and 2 away games especially against each of the top 6.

saltire78 and Peej like this.
  10. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    If the top six are as it looks now , it would be us ,them , well , dons , hibs and livi . We will have played all 5 of them twice away from home . They will only have played the other 5 once away ( I think ) . I know everybody gets 19 home and 19 away , but we would have 2 more away games against top 6 teams , and they will have 2 extra home games against top 6 .
    And they still think everyone is against them .
    Hopefully gyp is right and it's done and dusted before then

Xatraps likes this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I’m sure that by the time the split comes around, the Huns will have played the current top 6 at home twice whilst we will have played them away twice. If it was entirely fair then we should really have 5 home games and they should have 5 away games.

auldbertie and Xatraps like this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

I think we will only need one post split win at most by that point ... so hopefully not an issue... although there is the principle of fairness when it comes to H/A fixtures - the spfl seem to bypass that when it suits.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think it comes down to them predicting who they expect to be in the top 6.

Kilmarnock and Hearts would've been expected to be there by virtue of their previous standings.

I like the split in some ways but that's a definite drawback.

charlietully likes this.
  14. dmccourt95

Aim to win the 6 games before the split and we can play the youth team after the split keep the first team fresh for our europa league run

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. leeso-ardoyne

Why do they still carry-on with this * splitting the league in half! It's a * joke! Every team should be drawn home and away twice all throughout the season and that's it.

Peej and Whoflungdung like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right let’s get it out here already.

when the spfl came into existence only Celtic and Rangers where guaranteed a 19/19 split.

celtic will get 3 home and 2 away games in the split.

there will be no 3rd visit to Ibrox or rainjurz getting 3 home games that’s hyperbole and * looking for interaction on social media!

the lowest ranked teams in the top 6 used to get a 3rd home game against Celtic or rangers but was then changed to a balance of equal home and away over 2 seasons.

As it stands

Celtic will play Rangers and Aberdeen at home guaranteed

rangers will play Celtic and Aberdeen away guaranteed then it will be either 1 of hibs/Motherwell/livi away depending on their match splits last season.

celtic will play either 2 of the 3 away and I would suggest it would be motherwell and Hibernian giving us Livingston at home

it’s a requirement of the league Celtic and rainjurz get 19 home and 19 away!

17. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    After the split , forget hearts , Ross, st mirr, killie etc , they are no longer in our league . Our league is the top 6 . By the time it's over we will have played the rest of the top six 8 home and 12 away . They will have played 12 home and 8 away

18. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Pressed the wrong button I wasn't finished .
    Let's say we miss a second home game against hibs and livi , at the tail end of the season those are both full houses . Forget the season tickets but the other 7/8 thousand that fill the place that's money lost . 15000 circa
    £350000 + catering ,draws ,programmes . We're probably down about half a million . Works in reverse across the city , they're going to be up about half a million . How is that fair

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Thanks mate and straight to the point!!:50:

There's only 2 things that they have to get right and you've answered them for me..... 2 home and away against the orcs and the next most important thing surely is 19 home and away for both!!! Surely with only 2 teams with a chance they've got to do that.

The * idea's compromised enough without any more * about with it!!!

I don't know about you lot but if we lost out by a point, for example (i don't think it will happen obviosuly) but i'd be extremely * if we'd played more away from home than them!!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  20. Paul McAuley

The Split needs looked at again. Even the amount of teams in the league but thats a different conversation. Over the course of the whole season we will have had harder fixtures than them across the river. Im not saying that this was predetermined when making the fixtures but never the less its happend and has handed them a sporting advantage. How can this be allowed to happen?

Obviously this might be irrelevant but imagine we where pipped to the title by a point. It could happen and continuing with this format indefinetley it surley will in the future.