1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Aberdeen V Celtic Sunday February 16TH Sky Sports Football Kick Off 12PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 13, 2020.

Discuss Aberdeen V Celtic Sunday February 16TH Sky Sports Football Kick Off 12PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s a “ah * sake” face if I’ve ever saw one :56:

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    What a massive result that was today. As ugly as game as your likely to see and I thought we were silly with some of the free kicks we gave away at times which invited pressure onto us. But having said that given the conditions the box defending from us was superb and then wow what a goal to win it. A total contrast to the game. The quality and composure of Ajer's finish was top draw as was Edouard's back heel that opened up the play in the lead up to the goal. An absolutely massive 3 points today no question about it.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he knows it's going in..

Looks sick :56:

Luis1967 likes this.
  5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I think you’re a bit wrong about ff.

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Our two goals were good build up play. First Griff and Eddie at the heart of things and Jamesy for nice play to lay on Ajer. Aberdeen goal? FFS 6 hooped shirts in and around our own box and two Aberdeen players waiting to pop it in. They were in a pocket of empty space the length of Buchanan Street. We need to pick guys up in the centre of our box. Stupid. Need to cut that out for Thursday night as Copenhagen are much better than the sheep.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    They had a long range shot from logan first half Forster had a fairly easy save but people saying Aberdeen played well apart from goal it was big high hope balls into the box with no one really get onto them-

we didn’t play well but But Hayes n eddy missed 2 sitters probably would have flattered us but could easily as Charlie T has said finished 4-1

weather suited they big sheep farmers as we couldn’t play fitba, certainly weren’t at our scintillating best but were still the better team

8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

it was the ff bit I was talking about. You not counting the goal then either?

9. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I thought we were very poor yesterday, but Aberdeen away in conditions like that ahead of a European away tie? I'll take an ugly three points all day long. It's maybe the kind of game where we'd have dropped points last year, but we've been pretty relentless this season.

Rydo1888*, neilly1987, Smithy and 2 others like this.
  10. JamesM09

Totally agree. It actually reminded me of last season like the winners at Rugby Park and Tynecastle. It’s a fantastic result.

One thing I would say is despite getting the 3 points we should be looking at the performance to see what we could do better. Like more and more we seem to be using the long ball rather than playing it on the deck where other teams can’t touch us.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'll take 11 x ugly 2-1 wins from now til the end of the season but with our returning players I can only see us getting stronger.

Yesterday's performance was poor but I think it could be an invaluable lesson for going forward; that 3-5-2 isn't infallible. We've been dominating teams offensively when playing it but I said before yesterday's game that it leaves us susceptible at the back and Aberdeen exploited it well.

It should be part of our play to go to that system if need be but at times the 4-2-3-1 is more suited. Once we made that change we looked far more composed, far more assured and obviously the winning goal came from Ajer bombing into space that he wouldn't have been in, if we were playing a back 3.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. cammy07

I don't think forster helped our cause much yesterday, he was constantly shelling it up the park meant we couldn't really keep the ball for large spells and never really had any control over the game.

Our back 3 yesterday are all very comfortable on the ball, so there was no need to be launching it in 60mph winds up to Eddy who isn't interested in challenging with centre halves for high balls at the best of times.

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Probably never felt confident enough on a windy bobbly pish pitch so never risked it.

14. cammy07

Don't think the pitch was that bad, certainly seen it in far worse states. Plus with the wind I'd have thought trying to play a bit of football would of helped.

I'm not going to complain too much, but I thought we were too quick to go long yesterday, it suited Aberdeen down to the ground too. It wasn't untill the last 15 minutes I felt we started to play a bit and carved them open a couple of times.

Yesterday was all about getting the 3 points, and we got them, just felt that didn't help us much. When we cleaned the floor with them earlier in the season, it's cause we got the ball on the deck and carved them open time and time again.

The irony isn't lost on me our goal came from Forster going long to Edouard :giggle1:

15. Maestro 08

Any one know if the team travelled up and stayed in Aberdeen on the Saturday for this or not?

16. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Anybody got the aberdeen guys dive

17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    here ya go.....................

upload_2020-2-17_14-37-53.png

bagforlife, Rydo1888* and oh bhoy like this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. PatF

* bless the 3-5-2

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Picked your post to quote because I like it.

That scrappy win of ours yesterday will have hurt the huns more than an easy win. I loved it.