1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Caroline Flack

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaulM1888, Feb 15, 2020.

Discuss Caroline Flack in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well it does. That's what being a celebrity is all about, is it not ? Being in the public eye.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Her boyfriend phoned the police and alleged domestic abuse, that throws up all sorts of complexities that can’t be fixed by that person then retracting their statement.

I’m not saying it would have been proven she was innocent, I’m saying she didn’t deserve trial by tabloid gutter press.

Slaw likes this.
  3. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I know very little about her, but from what I've read over the past 24 hours she seems like someone who was in need of help due to her mental struggles and from what i've read on this thread and elsewhere it seems as though people were more interested in slaughtering her. The world is an ugly place. Very sad that this was the outcome.

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

It seems as though anytime something like this happens you see stuff plastered all over social media about mental health about being kind to one another and all that. But why does it take someone famous taking their own life for people to take mental health seriously or be kind to one another. In a few days time the same ones sharing this sort of stuff will be back to slagging others off, making light of mental health issues and just in general not "being kind" to each other.

It reminds me of Gary Speed, for a week or so there was this big thing about taking mental health of footballers more seriously and then it was just all forgotten about.

Garrymac1888 and ChrisMoh like this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

We're going to go round in circles.

I don't think she deserved to be harassed by the press either, as I stated. At least we can agree on that. A wasted life.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't see any way that the CPS are at fault here.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

The biggest bullshit argument is blaming it on Love Island. "That's 3 people dead because of that show it needs to be cancelled!"

Caroline's death had absolutely ZERO to do with Love Island.

8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

* me, you sorted this out quicker than Columbo. Any thoughts on the toothbrush in front of the bed.:50:

Keano88 and packybhoy like this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s true.

Should still cancel it anyway. It is to TV what the Sun is to the news. Complete trash that attracts the most egotistical people around.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I enjoyed the one in Summer (first time watching it) but couldn;t bring myself to watch the most recent one.. It's mind numbing. I agree with you to an extent but i don't agree with forcing ideas on people because you don't agree with them. We live in a free society and Love island is a successful TV show that generates a lot of money. Championing nobodies is very strange though. It's a tough one.

Won't derail the thread any further..

11. davidhannah

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

It's a bit strange she was getting charged with just an assault..... Caving someone's head in with a lamp while they are sleeping... That's attempted murder

13. Onefootwonder

The allegation wasn't domestic abuse. He was clear that she tried to kill him. You keep continuously playing this down. You accuse the papers of not sticking to facts, but you aren't either.

There is massive campaigns about how many cases of domestic abuse and even rape don't even make it to the court. The evidence is very hard to convince the courts that the case is worthwhile to take to trial. The police and CPS get ripped to bits for not finding evidence that doesn't exist.

When there is enough evidence to make a court case the CPS are now being ripped to bits. It's making a mockery of the legal system that people with a keyboard have the power to bombard the internet with their fallacies.

Just reading that she was also coming under pressure for her new TV show that has been cancelled now. A bunch of young women trying to beg to a panel to win the plastic surgery they desire. That's sinking to a new TV low.

If she was in a dark place who on earth advises her to go near trashy TV like this that was only ever going to get negative attention?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe it was turning into an attempted murder trial and that's what prompted to suicide? There are endless possibilities and explanations but we will never know.

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Possibly losing being paid £1.2 million a year for fronting that * won't have helped her mindset.

16. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's the crown who press charges not the people concerned.

Slaw likes this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I very much doubt she had much/any financial stress. It was also her decision to leave Love island, she wasn't axed.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  18. northeast67

Poor girl was hounded for dating and then for throwing a lamp at her boyfriend no matter what she did she was scrutinised, many have had worse in good relationships
    She was fragile minded it seems which the tabloids and her producers wouldve knowing but they kept at her and didnt support her? The courts made her and her boyfriend stay away from each other when they were both struggling dispatched both them making it clear they needed each other, re social media I hope they read all her dms and hunt down any weard * keyboard * who gets a kick out of being nasty to strangers
    Moral of the story, don't open your mouth or message folk unless its positive, why contact a stranger directly and make them feel bad about themself?
    Some horrible people around that's for sure, you get what you put out so be happy and try to be positive
    Poor family, RIP to the poor girl.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Go and read up on it a bit more then come back to me before you start throwing about any more bullshit nonsense.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    ITV told her she could come back once the charges blew over .... she learned they weren’t going away hours b4 she took her own life seemingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk