1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Caroline Flack

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaulM1888, Feb 15, 2020.

Discuss Caroline Flack in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

That's ok then.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What is?

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That it was just a drunken argument between a bf and gf that ended with some guy getting smashed with a lamp in his sleep. The type of thing that happens up and down the country every weekend.

I'm in no way defending the press because they are the biggest bunch of leaching scumbags going but there's no defending attacking someone while they sleep. Him changing his kind about pressing charges doesn't make it any less of a * thing to do.

I wouldn't fancy sleeping in a house with some nutter that might skelp you with something in the middle of the night. She was obviously a bit of a loonball, and a dangerous one at that. Could have picked up a knife next time instead of a lamp.

And choosing that lifestyle, you know what you're getting from * that would sell their granny for a front page story. Obviously they went overboard with her, probably because she was good looking.

4. Onefootwonder

How can you possibly come to that conclusion?

It's one thing to tell people innocent until proven guilty. You're doing the opposite and making up completely unfounded versions of what might have happened. You seem awfully defensive over this and now are making stuff up yourself.

Have you ever dealt with people subject to domestic abuse? It's very common to cover up. Even when they are subject to prolonged and violent behaviour they still lie and stick up for their abuser.

You've trivialised accusations of attempted murder on a few occasions now. It really isn't normal and happening up and down the country every night that people are phoning the police with flats covered in blood claiming their partner tried to kill them. You're now effectively twisting the incident to sound more like victim blaming.

This isn't the first accusations against her either.

Remember that a lot of police were involved in the incident. Do you never think there is a reason why the police have taken this case forward?

Do you not think that the court have imposed conditions on her bail, after reviewing the evidence, has some significance? There was appeals to lift terms of the bail conditions that have been continuously refused.

Why do you think the courts have continuously refused to allow contact between them? That doesn't happen for a lover's tiff or common assault.

Ignoring what might have been said in the trashy talk papers, the courts and police seem very firm on this case.

The CPS have put out a statement as they are coming under attack for this. The power of social media again where everyone with a keyboard becomes and expert and knows better than those dealing with cases firsthand.

tarboltontim and Slaw like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hmm am very sceptical blood normally goes dark brown colour after a while and I think her bedroom would look better than that if she was on decent money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slaw likes this.
  6. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

She stated a long time before the lamp incident that she was suffering from depression, so it wouldn't surprise me if mental health issues were a contributing factor to said incident. None of us know the specifics of what happened, and if she did hit him with a lamp that was undoubtedly a poor thing to do. An investigation was absolutely needed.

What most people have an issue with is the witch hunt 'trial by media' that followed, subjecting a mentally fragile woman to a great deal of stress and portraying her as a "loonball" to the entire nation. I don't buy any of the "they know what they're getting into when they choose that lifestyle" pish. That's essentially saying what the tabloid press do is OK. Nobody deserves to be subjected to that, regardless of their alleged crimes.

Jeremie Frimpong and Montero like this.
  7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Judging by that picture, the court were completely correct to force her and her partner to keep their distance from one another. There are far too many cases of domestic abuse that end in tragic circumstances because one partner continued to make excuses for and justify the behaviour of the other. Had it been a man that had smashed his girlfriend over the head with a lamp and left the room covered in her blood, I’ve no doubt he would’ve been charged with attempted murder.

It does seem as though it’s been a case of ‘death by media’ though, which is all too common. The gutter press do their thing - build someone up, tear them to pieces, shed a few crocodile tears when they’re gone and then rinse and repeat.

Spring Time likes this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At least have the decency to quote me. And it's not pish, sounds worse when you twist the words right enough. Any 'celebrity' smashed someone over the head with something will make headline news. She must have knew that, as would anyone in her profession.

If you choose to go down a career path that relies on media attention, obviously you must realise that they are ready to pounce on any negative story. That's what they do, what they've always done. I'm not saying it's right but it's the reality of it.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You’re still missing the point, you’re making assumptions. The facts aren’t available to anyone other than the pair involved and the police.

You are forming an opinion based on what you’ve been spoon fed from the media.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Also there are thousands of people suffering from depression that don't assault their partner. The excuses being made because it's a good looking female are ridiculous.

If it was a guy, I doubt he would be getting the same sympathy over that incident.

She needed help. Obviously never got it and kept going downhill. It's a shame and a tragic waste of life but let's not pretend what she done to that guy was anything but scummy behaviour.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I've heard he wasn't even pressing charges against her and it was still going to court. How is that possible?

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

I'm basing it on a bed sheet covered in blood and her being charged with assault.

Do you think they would be forcing through the charge without solid evidence ?

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t understand some people trying to blame the CPS. It’s heartbreaking it’s ended how it has but the CPS clearly done what they had to, to protect a victim of domestic violence who was in fear for his life.

Him turning around and defending her counts for nothing in cases like that. It’s common that victims of domestic abuse will defend the abuser wether it’s out of fear or they’ve just completely brainwashed into thinking it’s acceptable.

People painting it as just her having depression or just an argument that happens all the time between couples is talking out their *.

People with depression don’t just attack their partners with lamps while they are asleep. Couples don’t regularly end up in situations with one partner phoning the police claiming attempted murder.

While it’s tragic how it ended, it’ll do no one any favours in the long run people playing down how we ended up here.

King of Kings and Spring Time like this.
  14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

He filed a report and they must have decided it warranted further action. I presume as long as they have a statement they can go ahead with the charges but not sure how that works. Unless they witnessed something themselves that justified a charge ?

Slaw likes this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Because it’s quite common for victims of domestic violence out of fear.

The fact they pressed for charges, and refused to remove the bail conditions allowing her to contact him shows how serious they thought the situation was.

Slaw likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So you’ve decided she’s an abusive partner based on a picture in a newspaper? What if the guy hit her first? Or any other number of potential variables that are as equally as made up?

She denied everything and her legal team were calling the court case a show for the public.

Jeremie Frimpong and Slaw like this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it better than I could.

King of Kings likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Paul's spot on. It's completely pie in the sky for anyone bar the pair involved and the police to form an opinion on the matter. Papers tell lies for a living.

19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I picked out one little part of your quote while addressing the general debate. My apologies.

You implied it came with the territory. "You know what you're getting". Doesn't make it acceptable.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Ok Paul. The police just thought it was worthy of pressing charges against her but because it was in the papers it was all lies and she was the innocent victim in it all.