1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think we'll win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss Still think we'll win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

The question was asking for an opinion: there was no right or wrong answer, and no one conceded the title by answering it.

2. jj81

Don't care , folk conceded the title after losing to them. same as last season, as I put in my post it may be a knee * reaction. you never seen that though or read over it, but I'd stick my house on most celtic fans not giving up in December

3. Jeremie Frimpong

No one could have foreseen their implosion after the winter break. "But..." No. Their form this season up to that point did not bear that out.

We had just been beaten comprehensively by them when the poll was taken, and they had the advantage at that time - there is no question about that.

There was no 'panty wetting': had that trend continued, we would have lost the league title; there are no two ways about it.

Sneering at your fellow supporters because they took a pessimistic view of a legitimately concerning situation is unjustifiable. No one 'conceded defeat'. People simply responded to a request for their opinion at that time - an opinion which was doubtless coloured by emotion.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  4. jj81

Sneering at fellow supporters is rich coming from you. I thought youd take it in your stride , what a grumpy *

Your opening paragraph tells it all , no one could tell you say , on the other hand celtic fans dont just concede a title in December, that's all I'm saying. even if we were down on points I'd still never concede , done it it through burns years , I wont even give in until its mathematically over

5. Jeremie Frimpong

No one conceded defeat.

6. jj81

So the folk that voted we wouldnt win the league didnt concede defeat?

7. Jeremie Frimpong

"Do you think that we will still win the league?", and "Do you concede defeat in the title race?" are two fundamentally different questions.

I am surprised that I have to point that out to a literate *.

8. leeso-ardoyne

Be very interesting to know all there ages! I'd say they'd all be young. Can't see many over 30 thinking them * where going to do it!

Dannybhoy81 and jj81 like this.
  9. jj81

Man , everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a celtic fan saying we won't win the title after losing a derby is nuts , maybe the celtic das will get it , I dunno, , voting that is crazy ,it wasn't even half way through the season.

I just wish folk had a punt on them , they can't lose eh?

10. jj81

Get that to *, it's the same , who else is coming? Aberdeen ?

11. jamiebhoy67

This is legitimately the most pointless debate ever going.on here Celtic fans trying to point score against about who's the biggest Tim sick to death of this see it every week across social media aswell as real life. We are on the cusp of something amazing and this is the debate that is raging on point scoring against your own fans makes u less of a Celtic fan than anything imo

Sydneysider and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  12. Jeremie Frimpong

If you cannot wrap your head around that reality, then this conversation has run its course.

13. jj81

I'm far from the biggest Tim, I still wouldn't put on a poll my club would lose a league title, a 9th , after losing a derby match , knee * reaction or not

14. leeso-ardoyne

I remember on here the young ones had thrown the towel in in October when we where 12 points behind the huns and I was telling them to behave themselves. I even win a 50quid bet of one when I said we'd be top in the new year that year and also win the league, although I didn't take the money of him as he was young and getting it tight at the time. But the younger celtic supporters need to realize, a season is a long haul, not just once one is alot of points in front. I'm going to stick my kneck out here and rain on our parade alittle. There's going to be a few twists still in this season. I do believe they'll claw back some of these points through luck and cheating but definitely come May, well still be champions!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Sydneysider and jj81 like this.
  15. jj81

"Do you think that we will still win the league?", and "Do you concede defeat in the title race?" are two fundamentally different questions.

Lol ask me twice twice then , settle it

After you ask me , I'll ask you

16. Jeremie Frimpong

There is nothing to settle. You are categorically wrong.

17. jj81

Some folk here don't like being answered too, I merely pointed out it's a disgrace after a derby loss folk thought we would lose the league , then * bass who thinks he runs the show would like a wee argument;)

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    “But”... yes, you could. As they have a history of gassing, a history of being bottle merchants. It was panty wetting at a small setback. And it will come out next time we have a small setback as well, absolute hysteria.

jj81 likes this.
  19. jj81

Don't even answer questions noo?

20. leeso-ardoyne

:60:

jj81 likes this.