1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I agree with everything in the last 5 pages !!

Say no more!! :100:

bagforlife likes this.
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Doubt it, Moussa hasn't been near it and he's been firing in goals for Lyon then Eddy is up against Griezman, Mbappe, Giroud, Ben Yedder, Plea. A lot of world class players.

3. Maestro 08

Another few years here and he can play for Scotland then.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The ball seems to be glued to his feet. And then wen it looks like he has lost it or is about to get tackled he pulls out a nutmeg or a touch to take it away from the man.
    The defenders much just see the pink blur of his boots wen he dances past them.

i think dembele was more athletic than edouard, but edouard technically better and getting better yet.

5. cammy07

He's a better player than Dembele and Giroud already for me. Ben Yedder and Plea I'd have to take your word on as I've not seen either play this season.

I know the liklehood of France picking a striker playing in the spfl is almost zero but he wouldn't look out of place at all.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    bobs1974 likes this.
  6. dmccourt95

He’s better without a doubt but Dembele hasn’t received a call up yet and he’s been very good over the past 18 months so edouard has no chance while in Scotland sadly. To show how stubborn deschamps is he’s only just gave laoprte his debut this season

7. Cringer67

A lot will come down to how he feels. If he wants to go this summer then he'll be gone, and none of us can begrudge him that. He'll have given us 3 years, cant ask for much more. He does seem happy though and I don't think its stretching reality to think we could structure some sort of deal to make him stay for 1 more season. Step forward Pete

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Always stayed away from the Dembele comparison, different players and Dembele had ultimately gone on to do it at a higher level.

Right now though, he’s playing at a different level to anything I’ve seen from Dembele. He’s at the level now where you can give him the ball in the final third and he can simply make something happen, through any one of a number of ways.

He must be an absolute nightmare to play against, because his attacking play is just so versatile. Let him turn and run and he’ll dribble past you, get tight to him and he gather the ball and either lay it off perfectly or turn you, let him drop deep and he’ll find a killer ball as well as an elite midfielder and always seek out the return pass, let him get into the box and he’ll finish with an astonishing level of composure.

Lennon and Griff need some credit too. The former for getting the most out of Edourd’s potential and the latter for linking up in a way that I wouldn’t have believed possible after a relatively short length of time.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Lewis Kerr likes this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I agree on both totally mate but Giroud played a good part in then winning the World Cup and because its the French league Moussa has more chance of getting picked.

Ben Yedder and Plea have been ripping it up this season, both top players as well.

Eddy just needs to bind him time, France has so many quality players hopefully he might get a chance in friendlies.

cammy07 likes this.
  10. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

cheers Brendan :fear:

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I have my doubts that it was the rat's shout considering Congerton never looked outside of England.

Our French scout Philippe Pelluault had been with us since 2015 probably made the suggestion. Rodgers has since taken him to Leicester.

12. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

surly though Brendan must have convinced the board? We spent £9 million on him.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Possibly but Lawwell had seen him play and knew that it was an investment that we weren't going to lose out on. I'm just loathe to give that scab any praise now :celtman2:

Mevin likes this.
  14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Eddy's celebration is "L V" made with his two hands. Which, of course, means 55. 55 titles & beating the huns to it. Eddy's here for 13 in a row.

15. Jeffrey

To anyone from the outside looking at his goal tally this season for a striker -while still very impressive - does him no justice at all.

His all round play is unreal, consistently beats 3-4 players at a time with his footwork. Unreal vision and eye for a pass. He’s operating at a ridiculous level for a 22 year old.

Slaw likes this.
  16. Cringer67

As much as I despise the rat , he did use his clout to persuade the board to part with £9m. He wasn't the player he is today when we signed him either. Would the board have given Lennon such good grace back then? Sadly I have my doubts.

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lessons could be learned from this. We spent £9 million on a player who is now worth £30 million. If the scouting staff and the manager are sure about a player who is worth around £10 million then it shouldn’t be a huge problem for us to go out and buy him, but you just know paying £9 million for a player is going to be the exception rather than the rule.

Dublin Celt and packybhoy like this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The rat said he was the best young player he had ever worked with.

Massive praise but now it’s apparent why. Whether coming from that weasel or anyone else!

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I remember that quote. Particularly impressive when you consider some of the players he's coached: Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho etc.

Still despise the * and hate giving him any credit or credence though :celtman2:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member