1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Dec 24, 2019.

Discuss January Transfer Window 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lenny saying that is the best news..

I expect 4 in now.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What you can counter balance that with is most of that £20m will be paid over 4 seasons where as we took £25m as 1 lump payment for KT and taken a large chunk off wage bill!

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Haha forever the optimist mate :60:

If we are done then I think we still lacking and he has yet again made himself look silly with his 2 quality in comments.

what will be will be but for me we haven’t strengthened that starting 11 imo

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Klimala and Soro could both turn out to be good additions but this window - even by the manager's admission - was all about bringing in experienced players.

With a title race that may yet go right to the wire, our business should have been for guys that are ready to go right into the first team.

Some people are concerned as despite Lennon imploring a deviation from our transfer model, we've still signed 2 x 21 year olds who need to learn a new language, settle into a new country and deal with the pressure of playing at a top club that needs to win every game it plays in. Coming from mid-table teams in provincial leagues that concept is likely to be a new thing for them.

We signed Shved and Bayo in similar circumstances last year - albeit with the cloud of the rat and Congerton looming over us - and they haven't yet had any significant impact.

We may have spent £20 million in players but we're still in a substantial surplus on trading for this season alone and still have plenty in reserves as well. There's no reason for us to go into the business part of this season under-strength in the CB and RW positions.

Even if we were to bring in Benkovic and a RW of quality & experience, on 6 month loan deals, I think people would be a lot more positive on our window. It hasn't been terrible but we're still leaving things to chance that we really don't have to.

charlietully likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some more comments from lenny in addition to those published by the club Twitter:

“I have a great squad, real quality in it. If there’s something available that might catch our eye and is affordable, we might look at it.

But at the moment it’s very quiet. If I don’t do anything else, I’ll be happy.“

Doesn’t strike me as anything will happen

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Neil Lennon insists he would have no issue if his side don't bring any more players in the January window.

The Hoops finally got a deal done for Ismaila Soro on Monday evening, the midfielder becoming their second signing of the window after striker Patryk Klimala.

Both players will be in contention for Wednesday’s clash with St Johnstone, and speaking to the press ahead of that midweek clash, Lennon says he’ll be content if Soro is his final signing of the month.

But he also explained that Nick Hammond is still working away on looking for new signings and that moves could still happen for Celtic.

He said: "We’ve done two good bits of business and if it stops there, then great. I’m pretty calm about things.

Nick Hammond is working diligently in the background to see if there’s anything out there. There are only four or five days left and it’s a difficult thing to do in January.”

|We’ve got a couple of good players in and streamlined the squad a bit. Klimala will add firepower and pace to the attack and Soro will bring strength to the midfield. So we are definitely stronger.

"I have a great squad, real quality in it. If there’s something available that might catch our eye and is affordable, we might look at it.

"But at the moment it’s very quiet. If I don’t do anything else, I’ll be happy

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Did we really receive £25m up front? If so I'm impressed by that as you often don't get that.
    We've brought in a lot of players so I'm not sure our wages would have gone down. Money for Forster and elyounoussi wod probably outweigh Sinclair and KT salaries.
    By all means a couple of loans could make it better. But I just look at the 2 guys we have brought in and I think they can bring something new.

8. Keano88

Ideally we’d bring in another CB and a RW, unless we start using Shved and Karamoko more.

CB is a must though as an injury to Ajer or Jullien and we’re at the bare bones with Jozo unreliable and Bitton and Elhamed injured.

Jeremie Frimpong and JC Anton like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah we announced it to the stock exchange 1 lump payment £25m cash

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Fandabidozee

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Westlondonscot

08 August 2019

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Record player transfer

Celtic plc confirms it has agreed to permanently transfer the registration of Kieran Tierney to Arsenal Football Club for a record single amount of £25m.

littlekennie and Westlondonscot like this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Saying Hammond is working away so as I said we take what we can get would only add ready made quality though!

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    You have to look at Lenny's words carefully, he not giving anything away but i think we will see another couple of signings before the window closes. :84: :50:

14. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In fairness Lennon isn’t going to come out and say he’s not going to be happy if we don’t sign anyone, that doesn’t do any good, we’ll be looking for more signings.

15. dmac

The hope was we would strengthen the 1st team by bringing in a couple of ready to step in players not sure that's what we have got so far. Shved has been here since the summer and has yet barely got a seat on the bench there has been a lot of players brought in over the last 3 years who haven't made a mark on the team whereas that money could have been spent on a couple of players who could walk into the team. Signing potential is the policy and maybe you get 1 or 2 gems out of 6 players the other 4 cost us money that could be better spent

CH4 likes this.
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    How much did we get for Sinclair, Moragn was 400,000 I think?

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    £1m for Sinclair

18. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Yip agree can’t get my head around it at times

19. Sgt Neppers*

Sounds like Pete's told him the January sales are over. Disappointing, a quality CB would have made a solid window.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye that sounds like our transfer activity is complete this window.

PL probably saw the Sevco result on Sunday and thought ah well we probaly could win this with what we’ve got. Gambling it a bit like the CL qualifiers.