1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Order Resumed!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Jan 26, 2020.

Discuss Natural Order Resumed! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    We can't rest on our laurels with this. Hopefully this doesn't make PL or Lenny rest on theirs either! Too often it seems like they're just content to contain them.

2. A Thomas McAnulty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team

3. A Thomas McAnulty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't disagree with that but the simple fact is that they wanted it more than us on the 29th and given what was at stake (a chance to go 8 points clear into a winter break, a chance to make up for some poor individual performances in the League Cup Final and a chance to completely take the wind out of their sails) that's totally unacceptable.

If a player needs to be motivated by the coaching team to play in such a momentous game then there's something far wrong.

They got away with a poor performance at Hampden and thanks to their defeat yesterday, the effects of another poor performance on the 29th is only psychological but they have to be better in the next game against them. Press them high, win the battle in midfield and let our superior players take control of the game and do the business.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I'm not excusing our performance in the game on the 29th at all, we were rotten. More that if the Huns played like they did in that fixture in yesterday's game they'd have wiped the floor with hearts.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Possibly but it's impossible to know with any certainty. I don't think they were even that great on the 29th but they certainly applied themselves more.

We sat off them and allowed their players an unbelievable amount of time and space to hurt us (Barasic with no-one within 15 yards to cross it for their first & Katic free header in our 6 yard box)

Hearts by comparison were right on them, every time they had the ball. Kamara being pressed being an example that led to the equaliser.

We played this way in the 2-0 game against them at Ibrox and had joy; so either Lennon was looking for a tactical repeat and the players failed to deliver or Lennon inexplicably chose to abandon that winning formula. There's no excuses from here on in, the blueprint is there.

Mickmac, Sgt Neppers*, JML67 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Just looking at the Huns fixtures there. I see their next games against Motherwell, Aberdeen, Livingston and Hibs are at home (the current top 6). And they do not play them again until after the split.

Comparatively, in the run-in to the split, all of our games against the current top 6 are away from home.

Would this potentially suggest that they would need to go away to all of those teams, and ourselves, after the split? Also, we would be playing 5 home games post-split using the same rationale. Surely that can’t be right though where we both play 5 consecutive games either home/away post-split?

8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think it evens out because they played a rake of aways before the break.

9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can't believe Gerrard's interviews yesterday completely publicly threw his players.under the bus publicly. We need to keep.looking after ourselves and build up a good lead before we play them again

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

10. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Aye yet again but this time he was * in total shock

Dublin Celt likes this.
  11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That league cup final was like a Tommy Burns game in reverse: they were all over us and a ridiculous performance by our goalie won it for us. Only once in the last 6 or 7 games have we genuinely outplayed them, namely Ibrox at the start of the season. In the same period we have been outplayed at least 4 times.

We absolutely do need to up our game.

Mickmac, Rydo1888*, Keano88 and 4 others like this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I agree mate hearts did what we didn't do against them and close down the zombies every time.

The 2-0 game they massively shot themselves in the foot not playing with wingers as our full backs were unknown quantities and still settling in, whereas the home game they had much more joy from out wide which we struggled to cope with.

That coupled with our lack of energy and fight * us, so Lennon and the players all take a share of the blame for that defeat, especially after getting away with one two weeks previous at Hampden.

Hopefully they all reflect on it and use it as a motivator for the next game and we go at them from start to finish. No excuses.

Pablo87 likes this.
  13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
  14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    You saying they applied themselves better than us in the 2-1 game at parkhead that took them 60 minutes to get a shot on target?

It's becoming a bit of a myth they deserved anything from that game. We dominated for 60 minutes and should have been out of sight before Kent single handedly brought them into the game.

We didn't take the 2-0 at Ibrox seriously. It shouldn't have been that way but with the treble treble final 2 weeks away we didnt try a leg and lennon did pick a team to either. It can't be compared with the other 4.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    All our games even in the europa league we have played the ball from.the back through midfield and comfortably so. In the league cup final and 29th their high press camped us in our own half. Forrest and Johnson were smothered and miles from support and edoaurd was isolated. I think what we need to do is flip it against them because no matter what way people dress it up they significantly neutralised us in those games. I think we need two strikers against them and I think we need to play past midfield and press them high as *. We need to win the ball back more in their half. We also need to be quicker moving the ball against them .through midfield and quicker to edoaurds feet. The edoaurd goal in the away game showed the benefit of putting their average players under pressure with the ball. 532 for me and that shows the importance of bringing in a established centre half to play alongside jullien and ajer now

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Mickmac and tarboltontim like this.
  16. ddub11

Great result for us yesterday, however at the end of the day if we don,t capitalise on it then it was a wasted chance for us to pull a few points away from them.

We saw their reaction when they beat us (the league was theirs for the taking)and saw what happened yesterday,its an example of what can happen to a team and lets hope we dont let it happen to us.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  17. Keano88

They played almost the entire game with 10 men and were about 3/4 mins from a comeback draw with us.

They actually had chances to take the lead against us, with 10 men.

So, aye, I’d say our performance that day was very poor considering the circumstances.

Mickmac likes this.
  18. Keano88

Ok.

If we don’t include that one the they’ve still applied themselves better than us in 3 of the last 4 derbies.

Are you saying we shouldn’t be concerned by our recent performances against them?

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This.
    We could very easily be looking at a record of played 3 lost 2 instead of won 2 this season.
    Given the way we have played the last 2 games, against them, it would be foolish for anyone to try and gloss that over.

Random Review likes this.
  20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The last time we dominated them in a game was September 2018 when Rodgers was still manager. We did not dominate them in the 2-0 game at Ibrox where we won either. We soaked up pressure and played them on the break - which is a very valid way of playing. But that doesn’t constitute dominating them in my book, especially when we have played them off the park for several years.