1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Witcher.

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by The Thumb, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss The Witcher. in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Had no previous of the game until I played Wild Hunt, one of the best games Ive ever played.

Just watched the 1st episode and thoroughly enjoyed it, opening episode from Cavill as Geralt, have to say hes off to a great start.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

5 episodes into season 2 and it's a real slog. Not sure I can be * finishing it.

It's just all over the place and only a couple of characters are remotely interesting. Plus, they've managed to take Jaskier (Dandelion) who was one of the best characters in the third game and turn him into an unbearable pain in the *.

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I watched most of the first series but it jumped about too much for me and, should you need to go for a * or to make a cup of tea, then you are lost

5. JamesM09

Aye I loved season 1 but season 2 was definitely a slog. Really disappointing. It felt like they’re setting up for season 3 and 4 and forgot to make season 2 worth watching.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, felt that way.

All the stuff with that black mage and the elves, even Yennefer and the Nilfgaard commander. Just torture to watch. Only interesting stuff for me was Geralt, Ciri and Kaer Morhen.

7. JamesM09

Yeah couldn’t be * with the Yennefer stuff at all. For me the Witcher needs to tell an overall story but each episode should more or less have its own ‘side quest’ with an interesting story like the first season. The Striga, Blaviken, Djinn, Cintra episode.

The first episode did it quite well but after that it just seemed to stall. Why not focus on Geralt and Ciri cutting about taking on jobs while they uncover her mystery. You can fairly easily world build as part of that too without boring everyone to death with the elf woman and the mage every 2 minutes.

BigWilly and Officer Doofy like this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Need to get up to date with this, seen cavill is leaving the role as he's the perfect role for Geralt.

Liam Hemsworth to replace him.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. celtic warrior

The recasting to Liam Hemsworth is horrendous.

What is the point.

BigWilly and NakamuraTastic like this.
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Oh no! Cavill was excellent.

BigWilly likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Think he'll be fine. White up his hair sorted.

12. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Uh-oh. The show already went downhill in S2 IMO. This is pushing it into the unwatchable category for me. This is so dissapointing.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Cavill announced recently he is doing another superman film, so I'm assuming he wanted out to do that instead. I don't think the show had much choice, either they recast the character or can the show in what I'd guess would be mid story at the end of S3.

I don't think I've ever seen Hemsworth in anything, as far as I know, so can't really comment on how good a choice he is for the role.

14. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Independence Day 2 be him!

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I've never watched that.

16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    You're lucky lol!

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Maybe it's a clash with Superman, but there's been loads of talk that Cavill was unhappy with the direction the writers have taken the show. Not staying true to the books or showing it enough respect.

Someone from the production team recently quit as well and said some of the writers were taking the * out of the books and games.

It's a shame, because if they adapted it well enough it could be a cracking show. Instead, it's been a cheesy mess.

BigWilly, JamesM09 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Laid hemsworth is the guy from hunger games, Jennifer Lawrence love interest.

19. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    Pretty much this, its also obvious that Netflix has been letting the writers get away with too much in recent years, HBO let this happen with game of thrones since that fiasco they have mostly cracked down and so have other producers, but not Netflix

20. JamesM09

Cavill is a massive gamer geek. He loves The Witcher and I don’t think he’d walk away from it without a good reason.

The vibe I get is he’s disappointed with the direction it’s going and doesn’t want to spend 7 seasons watching it get ripped apart so he’s bailing out.

On the other hand, I think there’s been a lot of change at DC and he must be encouraged by the direction that’s going in.

The takeaway from me is this is just another example of something not being as good as it could be due to a chronic lack of writing and producing talent in the industry.

There’s a handful of people that seem to know what they’re doing and if they’re not in charge of a property then it won’t be 30% of what it should be.

The cause for that? Who knows really, probably a bunch of reasons.

Maybe just the sheer volume of properties these days means there’s simply not enough talent to go round.

The high production cost vs. profit margin probably has a lot to answer for.

A few other reasons too, no doubt.