1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Right up the huns arses. Rat.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Probably sent it while in the shower anyway.

Artorias likes this.
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That was my impression, all about the coin with Pete and this adds to the same club myth I’m sure he’s keen to go along with for marketing reasons etc

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Is there a link for this ?

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Rags banned mate , perhaps google or someone may find a bloggers

7. oh bhoy

Is this why the * can't bring himself to say rangers are dead and gone.it's an absolute disgrace that there hasn't been 1 comment about one of the biggest scandals in football from our club

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Check it out on google mate.
    The Scotsman ran with the story aswell

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    When did it start coming out about the huns being up * creek ? Was that in 2011 or was it not till 2012 ?

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

What relevance does that have? If true then it's all very cosy at a time when:

• Our incompetence had handed them 3 league titles in a row that allowed them automatic qualification to the Champions League, staving off liquidation.

• Our managers and players were being targeted on streets, on touchlines and at their homes by fans of 'them'

• We were being cheated left, right and centre by the SFA. Attempted consecutive bans, "Dougie, Dougie", Dallas emails.

If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. He should've been nowhere near this but clearly his eyes lit up when he thought of the Benjamins.

12. StevieBhoooy!

It’s been clear for years how complicit Lawwell and DD have been in the survival of a govan club in any form. They might both want Celtics success, but they want financial gain first and if that involves helping Rainjurz/Sevco ...then that’s what they will do. If it puts Celtic at risk of losing out on the league or another treble... then so be it! As long as the money rolls in.

The EPL proposal shows exactly how the balance of cash v trophies was at Celtic in 2011 and it’s no different now. We would have been a mid-table / lower top at best club with little hope of winning a trophy other than the Scottish cup , assuming we were allowed to compete for that. But oh yes!!! The money coming in would be incredible.

I’ve seen and heard a lot of Celtic fans rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a second Champions League slot for Scotland..... personally I wouldn’t welcome it. Leaving aside the fact that it inevitably gives the Huns a chance... it fits Peters business model. There’s little money to be made winning the SPL. The money is in Europe’s elite competition and if Celtic can qualify for that by finishing second and still fill the bank account then what’s the problem?

If we don’t win the league this season the blame will fall on Lawwell and he will be exposed for this and other betrayals. He will be gone but of course it will be too late.

If we do win our 9th consecutive title (and of course like every Celtic fan I want nothing else) then the downside will be that Peter will be able to hide behind the celebrations and another pile of cash. His ‘collaborations’ will be pushed to the back of the cabinet and he will continue.

I suspect there are plenty more mucky truths that will surface all too late.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Naw I never bothered reading it I just posted it because I hate Lawwell and the board.

Gabriel and MickeyyMack like this.
  14. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    He is, like all the board, a SPINELESS *. NEVER standing up for the team or the fans.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Probably even before that mate, that’s why this is a * disgrace. That’s before we even go into the UEFA license being granted by the SFA.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

To be fair that part doesn't actually bother me - I mean, the whole asking for us and them to get into England.

I have nothing against then requesting to join the English leagues, and to be fair there' no chance they would even contemplate offering us a position without THEM.

17. Pogues

So are you saying that lawwell got together with the rangers board to jointly apply to get into the epl and because he knew they were about to go bust he tried to help them out financially in some way.

If that's the case is there any evidence or is it just a possibility.

18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Bawdeep in the 5 way agreement the spineless bastarts , can be the only reason they say * all and hide . Anytime Lawwell thinks of saying anything the huns and sfa remind them how bawdeep they are in it .

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Rangers financial troubles were very well known for years by that point.

David Murray started the 2008/09 January transfer window by effectively saying all their players were available for sale.

Lloyds Banking Group had taken control of part of the club to bring down their eye-watering overdraft facility.

Smith was on record admitting that players may be sold in order to ease their financial woes: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/oct/26/rangers-walter-smith-finances

It didn't take Nostradamus to work out how bad things were. I'd have preferred the CEO of Celtic who had overseen the loss of 3 league titles to a club in such bad financial state, concentrate on winning that back rather than working in cahoots to get them a leg up.

Avatar Daizen and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. Pogues

That's what I was meaning mate. Was he actually trying to help them out financially or was he attempting to get Celtic in the epl and had to get them on board to have the best chance of succeeding.