1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Everything about this post is wrong. Is Lennon sat their smiling when he doesn't get his targets? Highly doubt it. Are we still waiting to see a return on our summer investment, indeed we are are. Is their any manager in the world that would force lawells hand in the transfer market? No their isn't.

As for this whole idea that Brendan got * off and left after the mcginn saga is that how you think Lennon should conduct himself? Like most in life Lennon has a boss. He tells his boss what resources he needs to improve the end product and his boss either approves these signings or doesn't. Am pretty sure Lennon isn't just sat about Dubai waiting for PL to say I found you a player Neil. Does Neil Lennon want to do well for our club and himself, of course he does and am sure he pressing his targets as much as he can. Bottom line is he doesn't have the cheque book. He will be told what he has to spend and he (along with Hammond) will put names forward, waiting for the green light. It's nothing to do with him being PL puppet. It has everything to do with how we operate as a club (and always have under lawell) and how lawell sees fit to spend the money.

This model has been the same since lawell got the position. I don't think any singular manager is going to come along and restructure how we conduct our business. Telling ourselves their is a manager out their that is going to tell lawell what is what is living in a Dreamland. It just doesn't work like that, or even anything close to that

Big C, JML67, StPauli1916 and 2 others like this.
  2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Just to reference one part from above.....the rat had offers while the McGinn saga was going on.
    He knew he was fir the off and why dembele came out and set the record straight citing that the rat was being, well, a rat

Mince.Charming likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on Ismaila Soro: "I think a deal's been agreed. We're just waiting on the paperwork being done now, so hopefully that can be resolved over the next few days

NL on Ismaila Soro: "He's a good player. He's strong and technically very good, quick across the ground and hungry. We've done a lot of work on him and Klimala. It's good to get some fresh faces in the building."

NL: "Training's been good this week. The boys are itching to get back into it now. It's been a good break in Dubai, and we have had a good week this week so we're looking forward to tomorrow

NL on
    @KlimalaPatryk
    : "He's only trained a couple of days but we like his personality. We like his attributes. His English is coming on, he's been working on that the last couple of months. The boys have taken to him well."

NL: "Griffiths is looking good, he had a good week in Dubai as well. There's been a lot said about him the past few months but he's hungry and he wants to play.

NL on outgoings: "We're hoping to get a couple of deals done this, players going out on loan or permanently. No updates on that but two or three players are maybe going to leave."

NL on squad news: "Christie's suspended and Elyounoussi and Elhamed are still out. We don't know the extent still of Elhamed. He picked up a groin injury in Dubai again and we'll see how that's going along."

NL: "Hopefully Elhamed will be fit by the end of the month. Forrest and Ajer are doubts as well so we'll monitor them today."

NL on #PARCEL: "I imagine Ian will try and make it as difficult as possible for us, I think it will be a good atmosphere tomorrow. I'm focusing on what we do and we are looking for a good start to the second half of the season

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    tarboltontim likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Didn't we have an offer for McGinn accepted?

6. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Find it hard to criticise the guy for what he's done in Europe and domestically so far. We would all have taken topping the europa group with 2 games to spare and top of the league with 2 defeats and a draw from 20 league games at the start of the season. None of us would have expected the huns to match us at that level of consistency.

Disappointed with the way we played in the last 2 games v sevco but the margins are so fine, if Christie scores that penalty its a draw and we go into the break with an advantage.

Historically we have pulled a loan or two out the bag on deadline day when teams are finalising the squads and realising who they need and who needs games, I still expect one or two first team ready additions. Any lack of ambition when it comes to signings begins and ends with the board, lenny rocking the boat and causing a divide isn't going to help the team or the feeling around the club mid season.

7. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    I think if Christie scores the penalty the game changes and we go on to win. As you say, fine margins...

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wee Lenny needs to get them going again, that's my worry on him, too many times NL teams bottle it and hope he's able to get the performances turned round.

Everybody and their dug could see we were not performing well enough into that end period, aye we got the win but anybody could score against us and we weren't killing games off.

Still think he's not for giving people a chance and that's a problem too, favourites even off form and he refuses to change things.

Do think Christie scores that pk and its a different game, funny to think he started off on fire, but last couple of months his form has dipped slightly and for me he's been pivotal in both losses we've had.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I really wish Lenny would react quicker when it's clearly not working and we appear flat or lacking ideas.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Seriously needs to find a balanced side..

Too many game's We look too easily got at and our whole team doesn't play as a real unit..

No talking about tonight but for a good while..

Definitely doesn't change things up quickly enough or use the subs when it isn't working...or goes flat..

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    NL needs to get us playing again, last 4 games 2-1 (1 defeat) and haven't scored more than 2 goals since 1st December.

Needs to prove me wrong that he wasn't the wrong guy to get the gig full time, hope to fk he does.

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To go from beating a very good Lazio side twice to our recent performances is surreal.

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I was actually thinking the same thing watching the game, something missing from our play right now, i don't know if it's the lack of intensity of just the attitude of the players, but we need to waken up and be up for the fight.

Some worrying signs for me, really hope Lenny can get the players motivated and up for the task ahead.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  15. oh bhoy

No shape or style yet again slow tempo nowhere near enough chances created,grinding out results is all well and good but we should be blowing teams away

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Competition for places will bring the best..

Two in and hopefully another CB to follow..

Just need a bit of patience and but we need to find a clinical edge again.

I'd actually persevere with the diamond at Killie as its not conjusive to potent wing play.

17. Jeffrey

Can we start scoring more than 2 goals and make subs at a time when they can actually impact the game?

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We've barely played well for a while now. Continually struggling to kill games off and having to grind it out. 2-1 against Thistle, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton - all games we should have really strolled to victory in.

We've been playing less than the sum of our parts as a team. Still getting the results for the most part because of the quality of our attacking players. But it's going to bite us in the * soon if we don't sharpen up.

19. tez mctic

I love NFL. but like you get so frustrated at the time it takes him to make a sub..ffs we can see it..my grannys dug can see it
    change it up Neil. Don't sit wae a gurny face for 80 mins and then jump up animated feckin
    use yer subs for more than 8 mins

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye that's the one worry for me (well I have a fee actually but). We are winning game's because of the level of quality in our side but we don't look a very well set-up team at the minute and haven't done for a while..

There isn't a good balance to our side. We aren't free flowing. Our midfield is disjointed and at time's it looks like Broony is trying to hold the door shut. Our midfield is easily played through at time's. Our defence looks shaky being countered..

We need to seriously get our mojo back or find another formation formula. We absolutely have the player's but we don't look a well oiled machine at present..