1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Must feel good to have such a relatable member of the squad?

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Imagine he turned out brilliant! How good would that be...

3. Aidan O’Shea

I see you’ve been taking your comedy pills again.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56:

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Funny seeing the negative comments here. I went back to the start of the Leigh Griffith thread from 2014. Very few were happy he signed and he managed to score a couple. Hopefully it goes well for him

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy and Paradise88 like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Patryk Klimala has revealed he snubbed Serie A to team up with Odsonne Edouard and fire Celtic to Nine-in-a-Row.

The £3.5m arrival from Jagiellonia Białystok insisted his heart was set on signing for the Hoops as soon as boss Neil Lennon made his move.

Hitman Klimala was attracting interest in Italy and Germany – as well as from Celtic’s Europa League rivals Copenhagen – but jumped at the chance to jump on the Parkhead Premiership title trail.

The 21-year-old frontman was unveiled on Wednesday and said: “I feel it is a big achievement for me to come to Scotland and sign for Celtic. I have always dreamed of playing for a big club. Celtic is a huge club with a lot of history.

“I had a few offers from other clubs but I never even thought of moving elsewhere as soon as I learned Celtic were interested. I made my mind up straight away to come here. I’m very happy about it.

“There were big clubs from Italy and other countries interested in me, but I don’t want to mention their names.

“I feel my style of football is more suited to Celtic. So this is the best choice for me to make.

“I would describe myself as a strong and fast player, I feel I am best suited to Celtic and Scottish football. I think I will do well here.”

Klimala insisted he doesn’t see it as a straight up fight with Edouard for the Celtic striker role.

The youngster – who has rattled eight goals in 17 games this season – is determined to scrap to break in to the side – but he’s convinced he can play alongside the Frenchman as a deadly duo.

Klimala said: “I’m prepared for a fight but I don’t see Edouard in any shape of form as my enemy.

“Obviously I’m going to fight to get into the team.

“If I’m going to play alongside him, I’ll support him. If I’m going to be on the bench, I’ll still do my best for the team when I get the chance to play.

“Whatever is best for the team, I will adjust. It will be up to the coach.”

Klimala is aware the hefty price tag will bring huge expectations from Hoops fans but he insisted he can handle the heat in the race to land nine titles on the spint.

He said: “Before I came here, I knew all about the run to this point in the club’s history.

“There are obviously owing to be a lot of challenges.

“But after training for two days, without being over confident, I can see there is a chance to achieve this. But it’s going to take a lot of hard work.

“In terms of the pressure here, I know the fans at Celtic support the club and that is not going to overwhelm me.

“I’m going to do my best to get the fans’ support in every game.”

Klimala is out to hit the ground running and Celtic are continuing to chase other signing targets.

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So this guy should be up to speed and ready to hit ground running??

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  8. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Doubt it mate, probably start to see him play mid feb. Praying he’s what we need though!

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Like to see us play with 2 strikers....even If eddie is coming in from the left.
    But time will tell. He's making the right noises anyway

MagicBallBhoy and MickeyyMack like this.
  10. Keano88

Last game he played was 15th December so maybe a few weeks away.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Maybe he can be on the bench on Saturday and get a run out later in the second half. Personally I know nothing about the lad but with Bayo either injured or not looking very dangerous in his limited playing time and Griffiths seemingly unable yet to get fully 100% football ready and fit we badly need another striker who can come in and play at a top level. If Klimala is the only striker we sign this window then he represents a massive gamble. Hopefully he turns out to be a big success because we so badly need another striker we can count on.

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Just read this too on the BBC fitba page. Reminded me a lot of the huns in the 90s with EVERY signing they ever made. As soon as they signed for rangers they were forced up behind the desk and told to tell the press about how they'd turned down Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc etc to sign for rangers. Before the days of transfer windows the huns just used to sign a player whenever they had a bad result so that the hoards didnt get a chance to moan and the papers could focus on their latest 'world beating' signing i.e Rosenthal, Salenko, Van Vossen.....all grew up big rangers fans and turned down massive money moves to everywhere to come to Govan. hahaha brings back memories

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watched video there even in training sitting on last shoulder. Always looking for a pass.

i have high hopes for the lad!

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

that’s some flat he’s moved into.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL on
    @KlimalaPatryk
    : "He's only trained a couple of days but we like his personality. We like his attributes. His English is coming on, he's been working on that the last couple of months. The boys have taken to him well."

Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and tarboltontim like this.
  17. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Never really noticed him when he came on.

Does not mean he's *.... Just saying :56:

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should've been slipped in by Eddy but that was his lot..

Dublin Celt likes this.
  19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Tracked back well to win ball back, seemed to be taken aback when he was nailed twice so may need time to get used to the physicality. Slipped off his marker very well and should have been put in by edoaurd . Also made a great run where he seemed to be gone 40 yards from goal but McGregor either didn't see it on ignored it and passed it back to jullien.

20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I think he will come good I really like his attitude