1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How big a part of your life is Celtic FC?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Jan 4, 2020.

Discuss How big a part of your life is Celtic FC? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I preferred when you were Sir Rod Stewart.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's not from Celtic though, that's from copious amounts of Pulse cider.

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    :56:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I'm Polish so I'm not gonna pretend it's the same for me as it is to you guys. In my surroundings I use a word "massive" but I think it's more of a word for a local fan who grew up with Celtic so upon reflecting, it is my main interest and hobby so it's a part of me as a person but no more.

cidermaster likes this.
  6. jj81

Huge, used to be more until you have kids and your own family etc

Had a SB in jock Stein lower for about 9 years but now work most weekends I can't get to many , doesn't lessen the love and fingers crossed with a new job on the horizon I'll be at more again , used to stand in jungle as a kid , that was one of best experiences ever.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Family

Food

Miss Marple

Celtic

:party22:

bagforlife likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Huge absolutely huge.

It consumes me!

I was brought up in a Celtic family.

They ran the supporters bus out MacConnells in hope street for many years. Lots of friends and extended family still do.

Being brought up with my gran and great uncle (mum and dad where a bit fond of the Tonic) great uncle was never married but brought my uncles, cousins etc up steeped in the tradition of Celtic and everything it stood for.

took us all to our first games. Admittedly in 1988 when I was still at nursery I didn’t get it. But was always in and around Celtic.

Then in 1994 got surprised with my first season ticket for Hampden that season, first time i knew hurt was November 1994 league cup final! Crazily from that day it made me want to win even more.

1995 north stand, section 101 Row R seat 5 my home until the end of the 2015 season. Got laid off and couldn’t justify my renewal!

but I take things badly (as most of you know) I want Celtic to be the leader on and off the pitch I want to win all the time.

when I met the wife I told her it’s Celtic and family in that order. To a certain extent it still is! If the kids have something on and the game is on she has to deal with it!

I am bringing both my son and daughter up the same way! Celtic is everything to me! I left them newly born to watch Celtic vs Aberdeen and Celtic vs Spartak Moscow even their births as wonderful and special as that feeling is couldn’t keep me away from my first love that is Celtic.

mad as I am with anxiety that 90 minutes to rant and rave and focus on the Bhoys allows myself and other like me with the horrible condition time to focus on the team and get some sort of escape!

aye it doesn’t put bread on the table, a roof over our heads or the health of your family but what it does do is give you a sense of belonging to one of the greatest sporting institutions in the world.

people from all over the world know the hoops.

even last year in Benidorm a guy from Portugal came up to me and said “campiones de Europa 67” pointing to my Celtic tattoo and shook my hand, he didn’t need to speak English nor did I need to speak Portuguese it was just the crest and the hoops it said it all.

so aye a love Celtic me!

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Massive part of my life. From Growing up across from Parkhead, then moving around the world sharing my experiences of Celtic with others taking them to games and introducing them to something that I hold so dear.

move even got Ma wee boy Celtic daft even though my Mrs side want him to support Liverpool (as I now live in Merseyside) they or even Everton can be his second side but Celtic will be first and always come first.

my first Celtic game was with ma Granda and I saw green and white when I was 5 and that was it 33 years later I’m still in Love with the club.

the 90’s was * but still some amazing games and also my first taste of Europe as well. Stopping the 10!

Seeing the club reach a European final the heartache of losing that final then the league but we took it in the chin.

now the last 10 years has been unreal watching them die and now Ma wee boy loving Hoops!

Celtic will always be a massive part of my life and I’m just so happy to be able to share it with my own little family.

wish I could get up the road to more games but family and work makes it more difficult.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Celtic is my first love. When I was a young kid I was more interested in playing football than watching it and at that age I was just a celtic fan and no more, my dad never went to games or anything so I really got to go to games till I was a bit older. By the time I reached 16 I had been to about 4 or 5 games.

I remember the day I fell in love with celtic and it was the 1990 Scottish cup final. After the game I put my celtic shirt on and went out to play knowing I was going to get ripped on by the future walking dead but for the first time something inside made me feel like I had to go out and defend my club regardless of the result.

From then on my love of our club has never wavered even through the resulting 7 years of pain, if anything it increased. Some days I wake up and thank * I'm a Celtic fan.

11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Once again my phone is at 67 percent. The amount of times I notice this is unreal:ynwacelti

Garrymac1888 and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    After the people i love(family, friends) Celtic is the most important thing in my life. Celtic has brought me joy, love, hope, pride, pain, despair, anger and even at times has had me thinking "nah, I'm done, no more"(though it never lasts). I've realized and accepted Celtic will be in me until the end and genuinely can't imagine my life without them in it.

kramer1 likes this.
  13. Jeffrey

Wish a didn't give as much of a *, stresses me right out

14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I am genuinely still not over the 29th haven't looked at a single report or highlight from the game. Been in a total state of melancholy.

My wife has been getting worried and asked if I was alright, kept on going on about my dark mood and if I had something to tell her....told her it was down to our wee cat dying at the beginning of the month and think the football has brought out all the grief and I just need time......that's what this club does to a normally sane professional man.

I fairness I did love the cat very very much.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Same..

Wish I had a button where I could switch off after and no really give a *..

Same mate. Still had wee scenarios running through my mind. No watched a second of it back..

Scunnered me more than any other I can think of for year's..

TheHappyLoss, kramer1, Doogs. and 4 others like this.
  16. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Not as big as I would like to be honest, only get through to the odd game! But work keeps me through Edinburgh most weekends.
    Will try watch as many games as I can though and will shape my days around them.

Been a single man for the past 3 year so not had to put anyone in front of it (Not that I would)

My moods are most definitely effected by games. Avoid me at all cost if we get beat, especially after a game like last week

17. Aidan O’Shea

It’s big. The love I have for the club is actually possibly the greatest it’s ever been, which is in contrast to my love of football itself being at its lowest point.

Didn’t ever have a choice as my granny used to send us tops from the age of two and my dad wasn’t the type to just let me support anyone!

18. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

19. Cupid Stunt

Probably too much to be honest and even then not as much as it used to be.

I'm way too emotional with it and it impacts my moods, concentration levels etc quite badly (not aggressive just so * angry inside and moody).

The nerves kill me to the point I used to take anxiety attacks in the build up to big games and during.

I can't sit still when we're on and the fear of losing and in particular losing a league is overwhelming at times.

It makes me so reactionary as well, when something goes wrong I lose my * for a couple of days then it calms down, I think * it I don't even care and the apathy kicks in, then I consider all the other sports I might like and think I'm gonna sack football off altogether and then it all comes back again :56:

Garrymac1888 and Rydo1888* like this.
  20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Can't believe you said that.