1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Transfer Window 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Dec 24, 2019.

Discuss January Transfer Window 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We can either * about with squad fillers, or we can flex our financial muscle, bring in decent quality and give ourselves the best possible chance of securing 9IAR, i really hope it's the latter.

Garrymac1888, seanm, JML67 and 10 others like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is at saints to end of season am sure then just punt or release

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    The only position we NEED to strengthen is upfront, agree benkovic would be good to get, however pretty sure lennon bombed him out when he joined last season so not sure how much of a fan he was.

I would also loan our fringe players out (Griffiths, morgan, bayo etc) to aberdeen, hibs etc, aswell as getting them game time, would hopefully strengthen the other teams when they play against sevco, which as it sad as it is we might need all the help we can get!!

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm getting deja vu again!

Peej, seanm and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Willo Flood part 2.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. dmac

We will find out how much the club are invested in winning the league this window by how quickly they get about bringing in players considering Lawells previous dealings it could be that it's all last minute scrambling and the old no one wants our money

seanm likes this.
  7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Can guarantee you somewhere in a Dubai swanky golf club restaurant , our board are agonising over the big points … which wine for the fish course and whether a full bodied Merlot or a wee cheeky Beaujolais for the tender lamb .

DD ; " anything happening Peter " ?

PL ; " they're whining again sir , but fek them "

DD ; " Good , Good , Pass the salt please " .

seanm and joemc like this.
  8. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Roberts officially signed for Middlesbrough

9. john2061

Disagree with this the midfield is weak as * when we play sevco and need a bit of a tank in midfield to combat with sevco .

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I wish he'd played on Sunday TBH. One thing you always get with him is fight. We needed more of that.

seanm and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Nah, but considering all Rangers best play came down our right, don't think he woulda made much difference.

Tbh Hayes would've added to the inability to put in a decent cross and atrocious use of the ball just as he had been doing in previous games.

To be brutally honest I'd let him go and honestly get rid of Boli and Taylor, they are not good enough.

I'm happy with the whole 3 RBs we have, but don't have confidence in anyone we play at LB.

12. Cupid Stunt

Whilst I think much of that is quite harsh, I wouldn't be adverse to us bringing in another left back and letting Hayes go and even sending Taylor out on loan.

If Taylor can't get in the team ahead of Hayes, who isn't even a left back, he's either struggling with the pace or just not good enough at this stage.

Boli was atrocious when they were playing big long balls over the top, he seemed to lose the flight of the ball a few times, but he wasn't given much support down that side by Johnstone which really hampered his strengths and overall game.

13. Cupid Stunt

The more I think about this window, the more I think defenders are essential.

A solid cb and a lb would be ideal, there's no point having such a talented midfield and front line if we can't defend and are an absolute shambles at set pieces at both ends of the park.

Our defending has genuinely been comical at times and if we faced better opposition more regularly we'd be getting punished more often and it would be showing up more. The fact we play in Scotland papers overs the cracks at the back.

Ajer just hasn't been at the races for a while and can't head a ball, I'd get him out the back four as quickly as possible. A rest or some competition might be what he needs to get him back to where he was previously.

If we could shore up our defence properly, add a right winger for competition to Forrest and a striker, I think we'd walk the league.

14. Dubliner1

If Taylor as people stated above is not good enough, then the person who signed him should be sacked. 3 million is not cheap for an SPL player. In this window we need 3 players who come straight in to the first 11. That means replacing 3 of the current team who played on Sunday. We DON'T NEED anymore squad players

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd like to see us get a few squad fillers in on the cheap with high sell on value in a few years time so we can make up any shortfall on losses from missing out on Champions League qualification.

#PeterLawwellCSC

16. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    think a few people are being harsh on Taylor hasn’t put a foot wrong in any performances he’s played in was playing well then was cup tied. He’s the best left back we have should play more

17. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I wouldn't knock a wanyama back or anything, however we have brown, McGregor, Briton, nitcham, christie, Rogic even Ajer who can all play centre mid, so as I say not something I would see as a necessity, the issue we have had against sevco is we havent matched up in the centre and essentially been a player light in there!

18. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Jesus Christ his career really has nosedived...sad

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Honestly feel we have enough projects, we need to sign proven experience..

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    In a perfect world, and a perfect window we would get the following business done.

FF on a permanent deal, why this hasn’t been concluded already I will never know.

First team ready Left back, it’s a position we really need quality in and Boli is not good enough and believe that Taylor should be back up. In reality we won’t sign one.

Someone to either challenge Ajer or take his place so he can learn more. We need another centre half, Jozo is made of glass and if Big Chris gets injured we are *.

Holding type who can break up play and help Brown, Wanyama would be * perfect.

Wide right player to test Forrest and also give him a rest because he has clearly burnt out

We clearly need another quality forward we can’t afford to play the rest of the season with Eddy, the Thumb and Bayo.

I fear the Thumb is finished and Bayo will never make it here. We need one ASAP.

In reality we will be lucky to get one or two in and FF will end up going back to Southampton at the end of this deal and we will get the same * we tried ect.

ladbroke8 and seanm like this.