1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

VAR

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Dec 30, 2019.

Discuss VAR in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Rangers have just released a statement repeating their call for VAR to be introduced.

Some parts of the statement are completely embarrassing. Morelos is singled out etc etc. Well if VAR had been used last season and this season, Morelos would have been sent off 2/3 times.

Added a poll to see what your thoughts are on introducing VAR? Personally, I look at the mockery it’s caused in England and don’t want anything to do with it.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

A room full of masons, analysing another mason's decision. I doubt it would make it any less corrupt, but would add more pressure to the already * refs.

The worst thing about it is the disruption it causes to the game for live spectators. It's fine on the Tele cause the commentators keep you in the loop and you see the replays yourself but must kill the atmosphere and cause confusion in the grounds.

3. Keano88

Our goal in the final and our goal yesterday would have been disallowed with VAR so it’s no from me, at the moment.

We’d probably give away a lot more penalties with the amount of shirt pulling Ajer does too.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. Onefootwonder

What the * does VAR have to do with Morelos gesture when he was leaving the field of play?

Clear foul by Jullien? Was that the one Morelos jumped across Jullien?

I'm sure if they focused on the calls that have gone their way they would see VAR would be bad for them.

5. Onefootwonder

The English are making a total mess of it and their officials are far better than ours.

6. Goggzy60

It should be too make the game fairer sadly as seen in England some referees are just * at there job.