1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a Dermot Desmond Moment?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lynchy88, Dec 29, 2019.

Discuss Is this a Dermot Desmond Moment? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Will he *. Big tash *

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The moment to make a statement was when we were appointing a new manager.

3. john2061

The thing is the money is there in the bank far as I know 37 million and 10 million still to come from the Europa run so we can go out and bring in 4 really good players .
    But this board have allowed sevco to catch up as the last couple of transfer windows when Rogers was here was poor .

4. themouth1888

It should be a wake up call. Those * shouldn't be close to us but they are and in truth we seem lost trying to play them.

Get the squad stripped of the crap and add 2 or 3 QUALITY players.

Desmond should be in no doubt that if we blow 9 in a row there won't be a waiting list for season tickets next year.

jude 67 likes this.
  5. scott87

Chat in hospitality yesterday is Wanyama is a done deal

6. celtic warrior

Nah, he only gets involved at the most desperate of times when his pocket could take a serious knock if fans revolt.

Even though, you could argue outside of any reach he might have to get in a manager, serious levels of investments during those types of periods have come from selling our most profitable players.

7. Henke102

The board do not give a * what the fans want. Lennon was an unpopular appointment, and I hardly remember any Celtic fan expecting him to get the job on a permanent basis and especially in the manner they went about it. No other manager was seriously considered or interviewed at a time we could have possibly attracted someone with a serious reputation and a new set of eyes over things.

The transfer window was mainly a shambles, up until the final week or so, Frimpong has been a revelation and by * we would have been turgid to watch without him, a last minute buy from Man City who was considered one for the future. Tierney was one they would have known was away, probably by this time last year, again we have replaced but Bolingoli is no where near the level of Tierney. I could go on but can’t be arsed today.

I Expect a few loan deals in January, and anyway Dermot can’t just bank roll players due to the way a PLC operates, although the funds are certainly already in place for us to be able to strengthen in January.

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think most celtic fans expected Lenny to get the job if he delivered the treble treble, some may not have wanted it but it was expected.
    How do you replace Tierney? £25m players won't come to us. When Eddy came to us he had only scored 1 Pro goal.
    I expect the board to meet on this soon, regarding giving out funds. If Celtic fail to win the league ticket sales will go down along with merch sales and sponsorship deals. They may take this as a warning.

9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I hope your right

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    No.

There are no ‘signings that would secure the 10’. Both ourselves and Rangers are well ahead of anyone else in the league. Assuming we both keep up a similar level of consistency in the second half of the season, the league will be decided by the two remaining games with them.

We have more than enough to win the league and people expecting some wholesale change in policy on the back of one bad result after winning 8 league titles in a row, are dreaming.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Wow.

Never knew insane asylums did hospitality/VIP.

12. jamiebhoy67

This ! We have went backwards to the point we are no contesting with them after being years in front not good enough

13. jamiebhoy67

Been hearing this off a few folk now

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The guy is sending his son to agms in his interest he's taking a step back

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Why do * always bring up the board whenever the team on the park make a * of it?

The players that were played yesterday was more than enough to win the game - I get the resentment toward personal on the board (and to be honest some, if not most of you are simply jealous of them!) but ffs give it a rest!

We have Forster on loan (say he's worth £10)
    Boli signed for £3m
    Jullien £7m
    Elyounnousi on the bench (£17m to Southampton)

And so on and so on...

Yes, there are a couple of areas that could be doing with upgrading, but for the folk suggesting that board are doing nothing, or thay Desmond and co "don't give a *"....well, I'm really starting to get * sick and tired of listening to the same pish!

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We knew we needed a striker and CB for * knows how long and that was before Julien came in and when we had Benkovic, and up front was just a disaster waiting on 1 leaving before the other, helped contribute to ensuring no CL in last couple of years.

Still not sorted someone to deputise for Broony, for how long?

No competition for KT and then he does a bunk, * knows who scouted Boli, as I said in the game thread I saw 2 games of that Barisic v them and thought he looked a good player worth looking at, at no point did a Rapid Vienna player catch my eye.

We've been patching up for years with loans and then back to square 1, was always going to catch up with us and looks like it has.

18. Bonobhoy

This is a very dangerous game they are playing here,and it if goes * up,its curtains for them and the consequences with the fans and the future will be in jeopardy.

A few years back we had to close the top stands as hardly any * turned up,then we got in the rat,the place erupted and the decent signings,invincibles was written,paradise was full.

Now jump on a couple of years we have Lennon back in (im a fan on Lenny,as many others are),however the board have sunk back into their hole and now Sevco have finally appeared,not in an outstanding form to say the least,but they have turned up against us.

No Doubt we have regressed (not blaming Lenny here) but something just isnt right at all,yes we have qualified in Europe and still at this moment 2 points clear,but there is a cloud forming above us in my opinion and it comes from the direction of the board,they have NO ambition at all,they will just keep up happy and make sure it tides them over and paradise is still being filled,however, IF, IF we * this up the consequences will be severe and heads will roll.......but my main fear is at the moment we are all fighting for and singing songs about the 10,thats what keeps a lot of fans turning up and watching us pound those mutants across the city and watching them suffer,but its not happening anymore.

What happens IF we loose this? I can honestly see so many fans just not turning up again,betrayed by our board and having to start all over again fighting for 1 league...that just doesnt fit or sound fun as it does at the moment going for 10 and more. I know there are hardcore fans out there that will turn up no problem and well done to them,standing together when we are down....however i just see a severe turn of heads.....and again its the boards lack of ambition and just stuttering over a line every year.

We were so close to blowing everything out the water and the board shat it and ran with a (needing a title challenge form ranjurs pish),* THAT....I wanted to see 11,12,13 titles and counting,i wanted to see us getting to 55 first,just to ram it right up these hun * arseholes. We have taken an almighty drop and i swear * better happen within the next few weeks,because if it doesnt * help these * when we want them hounded out,because we will.

Now stand up and show true amibiton you shower of wage thiefs,before you have a wave of green and white drowing you out.

edit: Still drinking and raging,so rant over

19. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Embarrassing thread, we can't run to (sugar) daddy every time we fall over.

It's a club issue and it's down to the board, he's just a rich person who has a cash interest in the club.

Board manage finances they will have to get finger out.

20. Pogues

We've not went backwards, they've improved, simple as that. Slippy has put together a team that's hard to beat spending money they can't afford. They've played well against us the last 2 games, doesn't mean we can't compete with them FFS.