1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

It would of helped it Forrest wasn't standing with his * in his hand for most of the game

john2061 and Sydneysider like this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The game plan they used to beat us ya absolute space cadet! You are the one using terms like tactical genius and master plan, not me! You are essentially arguing with yourself ya * warmer.

Aye okay one of them, We got beat and played *! But look at the stats eh? What planet are you honestly on?

Dont even know why you are trying to defend that performance. Up the road.

3. coatbrigbhoy

* talking absolute * they mutants came to paradise n played us off th park at home we had no answer to ther press n after tht cup final its unforgivable * sick * aw well we lost this fixture last year naw we didnt no at * home this complacency is gona do us

4. oh bhoy

How come a scum sucking vermin * like andy walker ever got to pull on the hoops

5. jj81

They've only got 5 away games until the split , 8 or 9 at home , only 2 away that look like a potential banana skin is minis and killie , both who have went downhill fast.

We will just need to go on a run , it's in our hands so don't hit the panic button.

6. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Watched it there , wee googly eyes an impartial Thommo were a disgrace , showed u all of the Huns half chances but none of our 1's cleared of the line or anything, "thommo" saying Julien shouldve saw red(which Stewart laughed at as Misseloss fouls first) an b4 the 2nd said it came off a hun player previously so wasnt a corner but doesn't matter as the Huns scored

Cany wait till we win the league for * like that

7. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Had a sleep .. so hinging aboot this time of the morning , my thoughts with a clear head now ,

Foster , blameless good keeper .
    Frimpong , Bolingoli , 2 full backs that really dont defend , easy targets ( Frimpong still the better of the 2 )
    Ajer , Juliene , can be pulled all over the place , both suspect at crosses , ( goal from a corner , * me ! )
    Brown McGregor , blameless ,had * all to feed up front .
    Forest , far too many games he goes missing , wasn't up against anything special but * disappeared .
    Edouard , was everywhere looking for the ball and when he got it was facing his own keeper , crowded out .
    Christie , not at the races ,wasn't allowed time or space and so unaffective .
    Johnson , going to be a big player , just not today .

I * hate that shower of * over there … but their markers all did their jobs and more , they had * options all * game , again we allowed them to start on the front foot and took ages to get into the game , get it * sorted .
    Players out today will make a difference but money , real * money needs to be spent in January !!

Tomas and Sydneysider like this.
  8. Sydneysider

No its not, should they beat Ross Cty its theirs to lose, and they have an easier run to the split than we do.

What a * shambles. too many passengers in our squad.

jj81 likes this.
  9. jj81

Agree they have easier run but still in our hands even if they got a point clear , draw at theirs and beat them at CP that's assuming we both win other games but there will be slip ups and our squad has been there and done it.

10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve had several hours now to digest this result, and.......

* * man

* * fuckity *

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Two more games against them means it's not theirs to lose. It's still in our hands.

Big changes and improvements needed but we don't need to rely on anyone but ourselves.

jj81 likes this.
  12. Sydneysider

I hope youre right, but the psychological boost of their win at CP will be huge for them but particularly damaging for us.

The build up to this game was huge, World wide interest. Packed ground of Tic fans cheering the Bhoys on.

Difference between the teams was fight and belief, they had both and we didn't. Watching it again, it just gets worse.

They are still * but * with fight.

13. celts67

Went for a cargo after work this c--t asked me do u know who tjiis guy is I said no forgert his name .

He then said to me when were u born I said 82 he said bulls--t /

Thought he was a hun bishopton thought this orange b----ds going to start .

Hr said to me you happy with the score today thought I was getting chibbed off a bluenose b----d

Said no .Are u a tim said aye and he shook my hand * have only showed up for one day . Thank f--k tought the c--t was going to do me man lol .

14. seanm

We will * it at ipox next time too.strongest team out yesterday and they still won.need new blood in January for sure but this Tory board won't back Lenny.*.HH

15. Sydneysider

We need a few out pronto and some fighters in. Don't blame the Board for that utter wankfest.

Ive seen braver * mice than a couple of our highly paid ponces.

seanm likes this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Absolutely, mate. Actually, it's worse than 2 games, in the last 12 months we have played them 6 times and have only been the better team once (at the start of this season), we also won a very tight game at CP last season that could have gone either way.

The other 4 times we've been played off the park and it's 100% tactical. I don't know how people can't see it: they are a decent team with a system they know how to execute in their sleep and a couple of talented players in key positions. I see a lot of parallels to is under WGS in that respect (although the tactical details are very different). Starting with Rodgers last December, We've seen this too many times now for excuses.

We could not get Eddy on the ball and when we did, he was surrounded by at least 3 players. In contrast they got Morelos one on one with our defenders a ton. Mcgregor and Christie couldn't breathe, let alone turn. Their pressing of our midfield was very, very good. That long ball they hit into the channels was surprisingly effective for such a basic tactic, possibly becaise our FB's are inexperienced.

This is all tactics. It has nothing to do with being outfought and everything to do with being outthought.

I'm still genuinely annoyed we waited so long to change things. You could easily see their second was coming and had we made the Ntcham/Bitton sunstitution 10 minutes earlier, we might have got away with a 1-1 draw.

However I'm not going to get on Lenny's back for his second bad day at the office in almost a year now (the other one being the CLQ against Cluj); but he has to put in the tactical work now. It's a system and it will have weaknesses like any other system. We have to anyse this now.

FWIW, I don't think their defenders cope very well with being pressed. The one time we looked the better team it was by pressing their defenders mercilessly. Also their system seems to be vulnerable to runs from deep from Ajer*. We need to exploit his ability to do that much more. A few times yesterday he burst through their midfield, but we didn't know how to exploit that.

* which is hardly surprising, if our creative midfielders are having the life suffocated out of them, their midfield must logically be leaving big gaps elsewhere.

17. john2061

Think Lenny needs to change his formation when we play these * as slippy has sussed our system and think the 3-5-2 is the way to go as we took the wingers off yesterday an put on bitton and ntcham and then griff and we were getting somewhere but Lenny as usual left the subs too late .

18. seanm

Agreed that was nearly our strongest squad and they weren't good enough.new blood in asap HH

19. CountyDownFaithful

The answer... Tactics.

That * Gerrard has had his tactics spot on against us in the last two games.

Lennon hasn’t had the answers to it. He better find them soon.

20. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I keep banging on about this but the only difference between this game and the game at Ibrox is the tactics. At Ibrox we were in their faces in the final 3rd and gave their defenders no time or space. Today we stood off them, retreated to the half way line and let them have the ball in their half with no pressure on them. It's nothing to do with tiredness - the huns don't rotate and I don't think Liverpool do much either. It's not team selection - don't think it would have mattered if we played Ntcham or Johnston. It's tactical - we need to get in teams faces in the final 3rd again like we were doing earlier in the season when we were bossing games and winning easily.