1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

Bang on mate.board will have to spend now .if we had won they wouldn't spend in jan.this team just won our tenth trophy in a row FFS.give them some decent replacements to cover for them.said it before if the huns had our money they would spend every * penny of it.we won't.if we did spend 30 million League would be over.tory * board.HH

truedub1916 likes this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    nowhere did i state he is a genius, but for the third time he has deployed the same tactics and we couldnt adjust to that. it wasnt even * for tat, we had a few chances from set pieces that were against the run of play. We could have had 20 minutes added on at the end and still probably wouldnt have looked like scoring.

Random Review likes this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    personally, while i agree, i think we need tactics to counter the way they press our midfielders and squeeze the game, effectively suffocating us and preventing us advancing up the pitch or maintaining possession in the attacking third.

they have clearly analysed the way we play out from the back and through Brown and cut out the service to our wingers and edouard. Lennon needs to show a bit of tactical nous and respond to this. He hasnt in three games now, 4 if the cup final is included.

i dont think mcgregor and brown are the right pairing in these games. We need to bring in physicality in the middle and for me up front also.

4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

You really don’t mate. Don’t waste your time.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Response maybe cuts it after a one off performance, but not after a series of such performances. measures need to be taken to address the evident issues, both tactically and individually.
    the perspective should be that this season is going to be a battle and at the moment it looks like we could come up short. 9 isnt guarenteed.

6. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I really want to get more * , by listening to the Hun love in wa fat boyd an fat commons so it makes 9 in a row even sweeter

7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

More of a Columbo kind of guy.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A think unless anyone wants to kid themselves the best and as much as it’s breaks my heart,
    Best 11 in Scottish football

Huns 11, good kool keeping
    Hiu d11- just keep battering, shire hope hvon o
    ayre Celtic could have went 8 clear, After new year, totally 100% SHat ourselves today 11 11, huns better team

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyone saying they ‘played us off the park’ is overreacting, or doesn’t understand what that phrase actually means.

Marie and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Last year was last year. Has absolutely zero bearing on this season.

11. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Saw 3mins highlights and a wee bit between calls 2day an last 20mins , naw sure next game against them with current squad would go

Forster

El Hamed
    Ajer
    Julien

Forrest/Frimpong
    Brown
    McGregor
    Hayes/Taylor

Christie

Bayo
    Eddy

12. Jeremie Frimpong

I wonder if Sportscene's googly-eyed Jonathan Sutherland is appalled by their supporters' refusal to observe the minute's applause. I suspect not.

13. Maestro 08

My prediction before this game was that we should play 3-5-1-1 to match their numbers in midfield bcos if we lost the midfield again we would struggle plus the extra height of Bitton would help us at set pieces which is a big strong point of theirs plus 2 more experienced heads next to Ajer would help him out as he's been struggling.

What happened, we lost the midfield, we conceded from a set piece and Ajer had a stinker. So I wasn't far off.

So my prediction for the next two games will be based on circumstances at the time and my knowledge of football not wild predictions. What i will say is that if we play the exact same line up, with the exact same tactics we will struggle again.

14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Neither does your fearful opinion

15. mayo

‘They came and executed a game plan’. What was that? Give it to Harvey? The might of won but he was still *. A set piece was what their winner came from but go ahead and just pretend ours mean * all. We gave them some nervy moments in the last 20. No doubt we were poor but we certainly weren’t dominated as you said

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What the * are you on..... Magic Toadstools !!

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  17. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Hindsight is great and all, but I think we need to start playing Ntcham against the huns as he's able to take the ball and find a pass under pressure. However, depends whether he's up for it or no and still would need people showing for the ball which too many weren't today.

steg and G_portillo like this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Kno really a time to joke- * off

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye OK. So you are basing your "considered opinion" on 2 games ( 1 of which we won) rather than the longer term view

We won't play the same again so that has no relevance.

If you genuinely think over the piece you will predict more than me fair enough. I'm fairly though confident you will be proved to be a shitebag.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

What the * was the game plan for today stick the players on and hope they win? No style or shape. same as st mirren,Aberdeen ,hearts cup final. we havent had a settled side in ages needlessly chopping and changing ,players out of position,slow as * passing, hoofing the ball ,etc
    looks like the players haven't a clue what they are supposed to be doing , we have went from dominating possession to sending it up the field to fight for 50-50 balls and today we lost out every time ,quelle suprise you constantly give the ball away you get beat