1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Still no need for panic , remember this time last year we lost away to them , came back recharged and went on a 16 game unbeaten run , christie and macgregor look tired and have done IMO fir a few weeks although macgregor was no bad today.

Its true they have improved since then and could be closer but they dont have the depth we do for a grueling season with Europa games added in , once we get a few players back over the break and add 1 or 2 we will be fine.

2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

They had more desire to win today, losing meant more to them today than to us, 8 point gap with a game in hand or a 2 point gap with a game in hand. However we try to dress the defeat up, players no hunger, players no desire, players out on their feet etc etc. It all comes down to tactics, They had more in the midfield and won that battle, we played narrow which was right into their hands. Lennon could have changed it at half time but didn't. Brought 2 CM players on and took 2 wide players off , relying on a 19 year old on 1 side to get forward and Boli on the other. How we never pressed them up the pitch like we did at Ipox only Lennon knows.
    The signs have been there for weeks, struggling to finish teams off or letting teams back in with poor defending. Slippy has out thought Lennon on the last 2 occasions, we have to accept that, but so does Lennon instead of coming out and saying we didn't deserve to lose it. Huns wont drop many points so its going to come down to the 2 games left between us and them, that's only if we don't drop many points either. We need to regroup and recharge, bring in fresh new players and accept the Huns are going to be right there until the end, like it or not there is a title fight this season, its not a gimme. Hail Hail

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Couldn’t post earlier

That was a load of * and entirely predictable

They have proved in the last 2 seasons they are a more difficult team to play against

I still think we have by far the better players but for some reason it ain’t showing on the pitch

I and others have been saying for ages we lack fight, I do think we were fighting a bit better today but I just think the players are doing the same shut every game against them and it just ain’t working

Maybe Neil is to much a fan and can’t see or do mplement what needs to be done or maybe it’s confidence the players lack

Christie has been poor for ages against them Forrest mcgregor Johnson and our team philosophy doesn’t work against them but theirs is working against us

Maybe we need to drop an attacker for a midfield battler ?

4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    All hail the glorious raingurzzz ffs

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

eh naw. It’s the truth can’t hide from it. They have wanted it more the last couple of games.

6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    We have been lacking but * off with the hun in hunnery. You are desperate to say I told you so. Eventually, like huns, you'll be proven right but not for a couple of years yet I * hope

Captain Brown likes this.
  7. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Did you even read some of the posts on here a few days back ?
    My big fear was their strength, absolutely wiped us physically again....that's 3 out of the last 4 games they've done it, I saw it beginning in our 2-1 win at Celtic park last year.
    Don't think they have as much skill as our players but they are far hungrier than we are.
    I also think tactically they are better too.

8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    They're in the driving seat now, anyone that thinks otherwise us deluding themselves. We'll need to be near perfect between now and the end to make it 9 in a row.

Sydneysider and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  9. mayo

Ely Christie Frimpong
    McGregor Nitcham

That’s what I’d go for the next game versus the scum in midfield.

MJ, Forrest too lightweight for them. Dunno if Brown can deal with their pace as much as I love the 3 of them

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They are not. Any * that thinks they are is deluding themselves.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    That's nice.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  12. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    What has the posts on here a free days back got to do with your fears? They were top this time last year and we managed to be champs. Calm yer knickers hen

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    For me, as mad as this probably sounds, it's the best time for them to beat us. Right before the window. I mean it could be worse they could have won the cup final and this first league match of the season and we'd currently be in a proper panic but they didn't. The game shows we lacked big time in the last two meetings and something needs done about it. Competition for places is important but we need to look at other things too. Should we give Bayo a run in the team? Should we play two up front? Where the * is Shved? I dont have the answers but this game shows we need to find some.

As I said might be a bit of a mad post to make but I'm just trying to search for answers myself. I've no doubt we've the better squad of players I think they've been hungrier for it until now.

14. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Things can change but as it stands I can't see us taking maximum points against the other ten teams and winning and drawing(at least) our two games against them which could be required given they've turned over every other team in the league.

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Have we not as well ? :fear:

We will take at least 4 points from the last two league games against them.

Mystic Penguin and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I hope to * you're right and I'm completely wrong, the last two performances against them are giving me no confidence but.

If we miss out on ten in row from this position it will be criminal.

Sydneysider likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

I don't see what your basing that on. We've been outplayed the last two games.

Officer Doofy and Sydneysider like this.
  18. Ak1

Saddens me to write this, but we didn’t deserve all 3 points today.

Even with a gift wrapped pen against the run of play, I didn’t feel confident.

My biggest hope from today, is Lawell and Lennon realise today wasn’t a one off and strengthen accordingly.

Christmas is now cancelled☹️

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    It happens and we have won a trophy during those 2 games. We are not done

20. john2061

Think next game against them no wingers just * midfielders to combat their midfield as think johnston and Forrest too light weight against their big full backs .