1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Stewart doing the huddle!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Aidzo 09, May 15, 2011.

Discuss Rod Stewart doing the huddle! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They have done loads of times. But you knock yourself out.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Good stuff. Where were they today then or do they just go with whatever Pied Piper leader of theirs takes offence to on Twitter...

Tell me, is Rod Stewart even a Tory?

3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    there was a night of Rod Stewart on BBC 2 last night , only thing he said about politics was back in the sixties he went on many protest marches , considered himself communist if anything else and today he still has leanings .

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think this banner has a double message towards the board and Rod, and he did have a go at them live on telly.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think the banner is out of order tbh.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

He had a pop at fans lighting flares, never mentioned anyone specifically.

But aye, you're right the Brat Brigade have probably used that as an excuse.

7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I couldn't give a flying * what political party he supports, he's a passionate Celtic fan, and didn't deserve to be singled out like that. Poor choice of wording.

AndyMac7, Gundog, Gully Sands and 6 others like this.
  8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    My guess would be he has had few goes at the Green Brigade this season and that they just saw it as a chance to have a pop back. IMO they should just ignore the senile old * and he is in no way worth the effort but there you go.

What do you mean by is he a Tory ? I have no idea if he voted or not. Having heard him say he supports the Union and the United Kingdom I would suspect he is but I'm no that arsed.

I don't actually agree with the sentiment myself that even if he is he isn't welcome at Celtic Park. I'm sure there are plenty of Tory voters go to games but as I said earlier if you are going to go to Celtic games and are high profile you either have to be prepared for your views to be challenged ( and there is actually no evidence I have seen that he isn't) or you are so stupid/detached from reality you don't appreciate what could/will happen.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He specifically mentioned the GB mate it was before the cup final last week. This was after having his say just before it in the press, my guess is the board are using Rod as a mouthpiece.

Sean Daleer and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    'I looked at Peter straight away'.

Sean Daleer and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Dhan

I'm an old fart now and I feel it's a sad reflection when someone posts a tweet that stirs up so much opinion from others

everyone entitled to their opinion and people who try and push there own political views onto others are just as bad

Rod Stewart * off to America in 1975 as he did not want to pay 83p in the pound in tax .......dont think he has much of a say in our politics but he is entitled to his opinion and does not make him any less of a Celtic fan than the rest of us

TonyTim likes this.
  12. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    .ucking * like I said before he loves Celtic deeply.
    Our massive support does not agree on everything to do with our beloved Club or Politics.
    As for Rod who proudly promotes our Great Club around the world I think he would rather Scotland stayed in the Union but would fully embrace an Independent Scotland.
    A lot better than Connery who supports Independence but ended up watching numerous Hun Games.

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Nope. He mentioned the Mussolini banners as well.

14. Maestro 08

I doubt he gives a * what the green brigade say about him. Tbh they're verging on being a bit attention seeky now.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  15. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Rod Stewart is cancelled

16. stew37

I personally wouldn't have put the banner up, but if he, an entertainer, decides to declare his political leanings, then he's opening himself up to criticism, especially when he's giving congratulations to a right wing * like Boris Johnson, while supporting Celtic.

Twisty and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Mr. Slippyfist

They clearly think he is worth the effort, or else they wouldn't have attempted this attention-seeking exercise.

Well, the reason I asked you if he was a tory I thought was quite self-explanatory considering the banner was aimed and suggested at Stewart being an "unwelcome" Tory. I'll put it another way, how do THEY know he's a tory, or did they even bother to fact check that first before pulling out the crayons.

Stewart's tweet (whether you agree with it or not) had absolutely nothing to do with Celtic or the Green Brigade, so they should have minded their own business, imo. The same way that the Mussolini banner (whilst I saw personally nothing wrong with the context) there was simply NO need for it.

To be honest, they are becoming a bit of a parody...

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He’ll be Fine, sipping wine. (Buckfast Tonic):50:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They clearly do. I have already said I wouldn't have bothered.

I genuinely don't think it is self-explanatory. What makes a Tory ? Some * who votes Tory once ? Is dyed in the wool and always votes Tory ? If I was to guess I would say he probably didn't vote. I very much doubt anyone in the Green Brigade knows whether he voted or not.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I don’t know who gets the final say but sometimes they get it wrong. I actually laughed at it first off but not one I agree with. We’re trying to embarrass an old guy that is dyed in the wool Celtic. I think Rodney runs his mouth off when he has had a tipple or two but overall I like the guy. He is unapologetic and lets the world know his passion for the club. Apparently his Vegas shows had all sorts of people in Celtic shirts just because he is a fan. That is global publicity the club couldn’t pay for. He makes people google us and wiki to find out. He hasn’t changed his show regarding the Lions and Jinky vids on screen when he plays Belfast. There was a few disgruntled loyalists phoning radio shows etc. As a regular pointed out he is no different to most Celts fans.
    The Tory part is absolutely fine with me and I cringe at thought of those * mingling in our lounge. To think they have part in decisions. We are not a Tory/Conservative club. We are anti establishment the whole way through. End of story. To keep highlighting Bankier or Lord Parkhead (single parent robber) is good and get them to *. But leave Rod out of it and for the record the myth he only shows up for big games is a myth. Guy seems to attend pretty often these days.

cidermaster likes this.