1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Seems everyone has forgotten about him in the media

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His touch is horrendous man.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We badly need tae sign a striker in January.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He’s *...well I think.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't rate him, not just based on tonight. I can't see him developing into a striker good enough to be a starter for us.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Looks pish. Miles away from being good enough, at this point.

7. Maestro 08

Would need a run of a dozen games to have the slightest chance of cutting it here and even then I'd have major doubts. He'll get the odd 15mins here and there, be way off match sharpness & struggle to impose himself. We'll sign someone else and he'll be further down the pecking order. Can see him being loaned out before Griff tbh.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    he has been injured so i wont be too harsh on him but he really needs to start showing what he can do

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    When you think about it thats coming up a year since he's been here. Not very much to show for a whole entire year. One good performance with 2 goals against Hearts is all I can remember. Really not a lot over the space of time he's been here

But then theres Kouassi Eboue............

10. oh bhoy

Whats the deal with bayo ,I think he's looked alright but if there is any truth that we are considering sharp or Murray and he ain't even good enough for third striker spot ( unless he's going out on loan) it's worrying

11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Reading back on this post its the usual pish with any of Rodgers signings. "Ahhhh but he's been injured....cant really make an assessment on how good he is".........

Insert - Kouassi, Arzani, Shved and Bayo

12. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    i was at that match in Romania mid December and from the stands it looked like he had no first touch. He didnt look to have any great link up play either.

Previous to that, i didn't see to much off him but i as optimistic considering the connection with Toure, believing he wouldn't want to bring a country man on-board if he didn't believe in him and also because he jumped ahead of Griff in the pecking order after Leigh made a decent start to the season, i assumed he must be showing plenty in training.

Granted he was injured and takes a bit of time to move through the gears in terms of match sharpness, but that night he just seemed to lack technical skill and awareness, and i know could be harsh. Maybe looked better on TV?

Theory in my mind, is Bayo hasnt moved ahead of an improving Leigh Griffiths as my thinking of August of this year, due to what he is displaying in training etc. Is that Leigh Griff has regressed in his development so much so over the last 2 seasons, that Bayo is seen as every bit as poor and therefore giving the nod when we need an alternative to French Eddie.

The fact Lewis Morgan has played in the role this season and the fact the media have us chasing 2 strikers in this window when in the summer we signed none.

Is it possible we will look to cut our losses with Griff and Bayo this summer plus deal with the potential suitors for French Eddie. I cant see us getting another season from Eddie meaning we would need to build our whole striker force going for the 10.

Thats why any forward signing here in January shouldnt in on loan for that reason

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Are you genuinely suggesting you can have an opinion on Arzani, Shved and Bayo other than they’ve been injured or not played enough to form a reasonable opinion on them? Kouassi is slightly different as he has played games.

Players don’t become * just because they’re not playing. Was Larsson * when he couldn’t play for 8 months?

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I was at the Cluj game as well and while I don't necessarily disagree with your point on his first touch generally being poor, I don't think it's fair to judge any player on that game. Far less one that got 25 mins at the end of a dead rubber when few were trying/playing to their capability.

Bayo was clearly a speculative punt by Lawwell (same as Shved) due to his decent goal-scoring record in Slovakia. The rat was on his way out and Congerton was frozen out so the decision was made over-and-above their heads.

It's as clear as day he is raw. His weaknesses are probably amplified as he's replacing a guy with an incredible first touch, ability to beat players and create chances out of nothing. Bayo is never going to be that sort of player. Against packed defences he needs service from the wide players to attack the ball. Against Partick Thistle in the cup we did just that and he got some joy.

It's down to Lennon to decide if he sees a future for Bayo, if we're going to predominantly try and play the ball through teams with short passes and dribbles in and around the area then it's pointless keeping the guy on. If he sees Bayo as a 'go to' sub when we're looking to change up that system and go the aerial route then he might still do a job, in the Livingston away game when he came on for Forrest we looked far more dangerous with him winning balls in the air.

At this point he probably needs a run of games so that he can be fairly judged but given how tight the league is, it's a run of games we can't afford to give him just now. The league is now too tight to take any risks. It would be best for all parties if he went out on loan for 6 months. An attacking English League 1 or Championship side would be ideal, if he did reasonably well and Lennon still didn't think he suited us then we could recoup our outlay.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I agree harsh to judge him on that game.

Although an argument could be he is here a year and not justified a position as one of our 3 squad strikers.

Injury hasn't helped. But I think we both agree 6 months loan is best.

I'd loan him to scottish premier league side over english league1 side etc.

That way gets more up to speed with what's involved playing regularly at that level and like it or not he will be judged against how he plays against the Huns. And if he can score a few against them then it's win win

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You can make a case for both I guess. A loan to an SPFL club means he's more likely to get game-time and strengthens teams against 'them' and weakens against us.

If I'm honest though, I think it's highly likely Bayo won't cut it at us and if he done reasonably well in a loan down south then I could see us recouping our fee quite easily.

I don't think that's improbable either. He's a big, burly, athletic striker and given a run of games in a team with less pressure he could easily bang in a few goals down there.

17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Waste of time.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It is our number 1 need IMHO. Bayo I know has not played much due to injury partly but what I have seen of him has never impressed me as being good enough. Maybe send him on loan to another SPFL team and have another look in the summer.

The Prof likes this.
  19. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    We need a striker of his type - big, good in the air - so we can change it up when playing through defences isn't working, ala the Sevco game.

If we sign another striker to replace Eddie then someone with a better first touch would be the way to go.

Overall we need options though, as we've become too one-dimensional in our play.

trackebhoy likes this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He needs to go on loan for a few months in Scotland.

motherwell would be ideal imo for him.