1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You could easily be talking about Mikey there. The last 2 (phenomenal) cameos seem to have clouded some people to recent history.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If Elyonoussi isn’t fit, then it will probably be..

Brown McGregor
    Christie Ntcham Forrest
    Édouard

Keano88 likes this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not for a start. I would only be playing him in the central positions but not at the expense of McGregor, Christie or Broony or if it means moving Christie out wide. All 3 are in exceptional form where they're playing.

Mickmac likes this.
  4. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Right from the game in Sarajevo when he scored a great goal to get us back in the game MJ has performed well in every game he's played.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If Mo isn’t fit then MJ 100% has to start against the huns.

Not a fan of moving players out of position when we have a perfectly capable replacement.

Jeremie Frimpong, Mickmac and TESLA like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Keep wanting him to break on to the scene and kill it but he seems to only be able to do it as an impact sub for us now..

When we're needing an injection of pace and quality...He just isn't producing it against weaker side's that sit back..

When the game is open and he has a bit if space to get his foot on the ball...He thrives and can make those runs and penetrating passes..

Sunday he will likely be key off the bench but that really isn't good enough for his talent and what he should be giving us consistently..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, he's been inconsistent since he signed. His first season was his best one for us, but he was still never reliable. One cracking game, two shiters, then a decent one...rinse and repeat.

At the moment, he keeps threatening to really establish himself in the team, but just can't back it up. So frustrating because he has all the talent in the world.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

His qualities of coolness and composure are hindrances when starting games like last night when teams sit in and we need to move the ball quickly; but assets coming on to games like Ibrox in September or Lazio at 1-1, when the rest of the team are losing shape and maybe not seeing the bigger picture.

There's no doubting his talent but he'd be nowhere near my starting XI on Sunday. If we're trying to see the game out or the game is scrappy and we need something different then he will come on.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I keep wanting him to kick on but he just can't or won't do it..

I don't know if he goes the extra mile when coming on against the huns or Lazio away but it feels like it. Last minute little * winner's in the Olimpico will certainly do us no harm when getting a good fee in January I suppose....if he goes. Which I think is a good possibility in that window..

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Completely agree mate :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WHEN Neil Lennon was told of Olivier Ntcham’s ill-judged comments in the French press about wanting to leave Celtic in the summer, you would have got long odds on the midfielder ever pulling on the hoops again, never mind the armband.

Tonight, here in Romania though, he will do just that, completing a remarkable turnaround in terms of his attitude and in his place in his manager’s favours since returning to the club.

Ntcham’s footballing ability cannot be questioned, and while getting regular game-time has been difficult for him so far this term, he proved his worth to the squad and then some with his dazzling and decisive cameo against Lazio in Rome last month

It is perhaps fitting then that the 23-year-old will be the team’s leader as they round off that successful Europa League campaign, and Lennon has no doubts whatsoever that he is the right man for the job.

Olivier Ntcham will be captain,” said Lennon. “I’m really pleased with his attitude and the way he’s training.

“He was unfortunate not to get game time on Sunday and I’m delighted with what he’s doing around the place. I want him to take that responsibility [on Thursday] night so he will be captain.

“He said some things [in the summer] that he probably meant at the time but maybe some of it was taken out of context. We had a chat about it at the start of the season and he parked it and since then he has been absolutely terrific, so I have no qualms about making him captain.

“It’s nice to give someone different that responsibility and we’ll see if he can thrive on it.

I think he has the personality and he certainly has the respect of his team-mates to do that.”

Ntcham’s opportunity to lead the team of course comes from Lennon taking advantage of Celtic’s early qualification for the last 32 of the competition in order to rest some weary legs. Club captain Scott Brown didn’t travel with the squad, and neither did Fraser Forster, Callum McGregor, Tom Rogic, Ryan Christie nor Odsonne Edouard.

Rydo1888*, tarboltontim and Dan Breen like this.
  12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

N'tcham for skipper? :56:

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looks like it.

14. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Really happy he has knuckled down and the comments in the summer haven't let him out in the cold.

Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  15. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Surprised with the Armband , though Biton would've been the obvious choice but were naw about the players every day

16. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

We're not around them every day but we watch them every game, and most of us know n'tcham cant be trusted to put in 100% never mind lead the team. Very odd decision, should be bitton, depending on who else starts.

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Think the armbands a sort of thank you for knuckling down. Is he the best candidate? Maybe not but he probably gets a lot of respect from the players due to being a quality player and a cool as * character :giggle1:

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Makes sense, if we sell him in January we can demand more as he's our captain...

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Given his hot and cold attitude in recent seasons, im really surprised he has been given the armband. Bitton or Julien more deserving for me.
    Hopefully evokes a positive reaction from Ntcham though

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe that’s the thinking