1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Come January a new manager with new players will be in place. Chances are they will improve.
    Tierney isn't starting (in a team on its worst run since 77 with 9 without a win) and I wonder if the injuries at a young age have taken their toll.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ah well.

3. StevieBhoooy!

80k a week though ! :34:

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf we are saying we aren’t missing him, which to an extent we aren’t
    But imagine a fit Tierney bombing down the left with Elyounoussi an eddy fit and wee frimpong bombing doon the right on Sunday
    Would be unstoppable

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No sympathy from me. Hope he's enjoying the dumpster fire that's AFC right now. I know that I am.

I hope this sends a warning to some of our younger players that moving down south doesn't necessarily mean your career will take off in any meaningful way, despite the paycheck. And compared with most supporters, everyone playing professional football is doing pretty well for themselves if they don't succumb to lifestyle inflation.

Some folks may say "at the end of the day" but I say "at the end of your life..." ...what stories do you want to be able to share with your family?! How much money you made or the honors and trophies you won for your club?

:treble::treble::treble::treble:

6. Cringer67

Agreed. What a shame. He genuinely could have become one of our greatest players ever. He would have been our captain undoubtedly after Broony. It was his all the way. Winning countless trophies, earning millions and adored by countless. Gone from that to a soulless tourist club and can’t even Get a game for them at that. Talk about selling your soul for 30 pieces of silver.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think this is how Broony and Jamesy have seen it. I could tell kids, grandkids about my career, trophies won and playing in finals while earning 20 to 30k a week or earn 60 to 90k but win * all. You may not be as wealthy but you will still be fairly loaded but be much more prouder.

8. StevieBhoooy!

yes.... would be a top partnership...

I’m pretty certain he will end up back at CP sooner or later.

My point was the same really.... just being sarky about the 80k p/W remuneration.
    The money in the epl is obscene and seems to outweigh everything else....

He’s joined the ‘extreme wages’ crew and money is everything to players most of whom will never win any football trophy their entire career. He gets his money irrespective of how the team are doing or what the managerial situation is...

KT has already done more than most could dream of.... I’m sure the money must help but tbh 40k a week or 80k a week ... both are extreme wages to the average man.

I did think at the time that he could be the sort of player to turn Arsenals fortunes around... but he’s not had enough of a chance and things are too far gone there and deteriorating rapidly.

I may be wrong but if he’s not regretting the move already then he may well in the very near future.

As you say.... I hope Jamesy and CalMac and Christie etc are looking on and taking it all in.

Interesting looking at the thread about who was or had potential to be a recent or new legend at Celtic...

No mention of KT but could have been so different had he stayed.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  9. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Completely agree, @StevieBhoooy!.

Look at who won the Ballon d'Or yet again: Messi. He is one man who is insanely talented. Yet, look at Argentina. It's about the team as a whole and how you fit in to the whole.

When we look at and celebrate the Lisbon Lions, it's not one player that made that happen, as we sadly revisited over the last year -- it's the efforts of many together; it's a team.

This is what Celtic consistently offers to our players. It should be more of a selling and retention point than it is.

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He really needs to hope Arsenal get the right manager in next or he could just end up lost down there, no doubt about his ability but he needs time to adapt to the game down there and build his confidence, no chance of that at Arsenal just now with that honking defence and no leaders.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  11. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agreed that they need a good manager in to start, that KT's talents are unquestioned, and would agree that any of this potential hinges upon the quality of the rest of the backline (perfect example were the changes made at LFC when Big Virgil came in there -- they needed a complete overhaul the backline to accommodate his style). I'm not confident that AFC see this need in KT, although I think he's well capable of demanding it.

However... I wonder if the EPL just ends up recruiting people that care more about money than passion and merit. What effect does that have on team dynamics? This can only last for so long until "leaders" are found out under the right circumstances, and the house of cards come tumbling down.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Well that's it, you can't just buy leaders easily nowadays. Arsenals best days was when they had Keown, Adams, Viera etc, they have no one near the same ilk instead have Xhaka who is horrendous and threw a strop :giggle1: It's still early days for KT though, I think he'll make the grade down there no problem just a matter of when and at what club.

13. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Unfortunately, it's not up to him or his capabilities, which is what I was trying to signal in my message. It's about the strength of the board, the team, and their overall leadership, in which I have limited faith.

14. Maestro 08

Arsenal are a spent force on a steep downward spiral. * move for him as predicted . I could go on about the usual, him giving up legend status for cash, his seemingly now cheap talk whilst here etc etc but I won't. I hope his money comforts him.

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I just fear that we may have flogged him beyond repair.
    Cant help thinking how he must feel down in London, away from family and friends, who will all be buzzing about Sunday.
    Said it before, at the end of the day he is one of our own and always will be.
    Still love him to bits, will never that cup final, punches the doctor, jumps a cab, lays out the stadium door man and climbs the steps to lift aloft the cup-and kiss the badge. Legend.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Settle.

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aye poor KT making a fortune boohoo

freederry20 likes this.
  18. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Embarrassing

freederry20 likes this.
  19. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    KT getting stick from Arsenal fans...say we sold them a turkey....wrong club for the guy.................a bad move still tripling his £ so I suppose he can live with it.............

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Fs :52:

I said at the time that they would've needed a crowbar to get me away from Lennoxtown in the position we are in. No amount of money would've changed that.

He's went for the money and the new challenge which he is entitled to do but I'll certainly not be joining your candlelight vigil for him now that things have went sour at Arsenal.

We have guys like McGregor and Forrest that have committed long-term to the club that could've quite easily pushed for a move down south for more money. Time that we focused on those guys.