1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Fraser Forster's Final

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Dec 1, 2019.

Discuss Fraser Forster's Final in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ahead of Elyounoussi if he makes it?

I think both are more than capable.

Mickmac likes this.
  2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

They'll both terrorise the huns defence, as will Jamesy.

3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

They are...just think the way Mikey's been playing we could do with him on the pitch from the start.Whatever the case I'm sure Lennon will make the right decisions - so confident going into this personally.

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I'd go with Johnston as well, Elyounoussi could be rusty hes not played in about a month? he's also a wee stocky player who might lose a yard of pace when unfit. Although the way he drifts about and his runs into the box for through balls and cut backs again would have Goldson and Helander in turmoil so it doesn't matter too much. Johnston would be the safer option for me though as we know he is fit and sharp and seems to be buzzing just now and for the last abut 8/9 month he's ran amok every time hes been on the park near enough.

Ntcham didn't do enough yesterday to start him. He actually let us down I thought and could have been subbed at HT for Johnston as we weren't getting forward enough through the middle, Taylor was just about singlehandedly doing all our attacking. I think we need Christie in the middle as well for defensive legs, Ntcham is quite poor defensively and slow to react and would put extra pressure on Brown and McGregor.

Mickmac, Lewis Kerr and tarboltontim like this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's such a luxury to have quality players in contention to start, something we badly lacked last season was options. Keeps everyone hungry and on form..

Either one of Mo or Mikey will cause havoc off the bench, same goes for Ntcham, Rogic, Griff.

6. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just think Elyounoussi and Johnston have different styles, which suits us just fine. Elyounoussi is a bit more physical and Johnston has a little more pace. Both are capable of cutting in and terrorizing whatever backline Slippy puts forward.

I can hardly wait to see us tear up their captain, Christie harass them in the middle of the park, and Jamesy back in form and pressing them on the right. :84:

Tommy25 and tarboltontim like this.
  7. Jeffrey

Wee Jamesy has been off it last few games. Some game to get back in form!

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Prefer him playing on the right; it suits him better there.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheers mate. :50:

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Talking to one of my hun mates there, I asked are you confident for sunday his reply was aye at 7.45 last night I was now I'm * myself,

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Anything can happen on a Cup Final v Them..

Form oot the window, its about who turns up on the Day.

ArturBorucCSC and Marie like this.
  12. Cringer67

This is beauty of the situation. Yes, they have a tough run of matches but we don’t need to pay any attention to this. We win all our games till end of year,(and it’s highly achievable), then we go into The new year with an 8 pts lead minimum. We think about ourselves and not them. Let’s start with Sunday.

13. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    I don't know how you would set thìs team up but if we can get frimpong ,,Forrest, christie, elyanoussie, Johnston and eddy on the park . It's over

14. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Has anyone seen Charlie Millers Celtic and Newco 11 in the paper today, 7 Hun players in and 4 of ours. * is having a laugh, does he know how many trophies that we have won on the bounce, ha

15. Mr. Slippyfist

All of their attacking comes down the wings.

Us playing two attack-minded full backs is madness. If Boli is fit he should be on the left for his pace v Tav-oh-dear and Bauer looks more than enough physically capable to clatter Ryan Bent.

Let Mikey loose on the left, Forrest on the right and Christie drivi g through the middle with Brown and Ntcham being the bash brothers behind them.

Eddy up front completely outclassing them.

Thinking about it now, my optimism has went higher.

Scotia and auldbertie like this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure how you've arrived at that conclusion JC, this is the first Cup Final between us and them lol HH UTR

Spring Time, Tommy25 and JC Anton like this.
  17. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    There all at it, im waiting for the BBC and skys hun loaded teams to come out for more of a laugh

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    I want to see these * annihilated. Play them off the park. A good horsing will do more than just win our first trophy of the season, it will * sicken them for the league.

Tommy25, Cringer67 and Cobbs67 like this.
  19. AMc88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Their "battle fever" is more of a damp and clammy forehead after last night. December was going to be the month of tests for them and they failed the very first one.

Beating them on Sunday will derail their whole season but if we play how we have been we can break them completely. Wheels flying off everywhere. Caught a bit of their game last night - our attack will have a field day. Elyounoussi v Tavernier will be a pumping of * hub proportions.

Get it done, Celtic. Finish them off.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. BrisbaneBhoy

The biggest thing in our favour is our mentality. Our never say die attitude. Our match against Hamilton is a fine example of that. We played poorly. Allowed Hamilton to equalise on the 90th minute, only for us to score the winner deep in injury time.

If we score early, we should hopefully go on and win our first piece of silverware of this season. If we fall behind.... Hopefully that mentality I just spoke of kicks in, and we win our first piece of silverware of this season :D

Tommy25, MGall1386 and tarboltontim like this.