1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Both funny and spot on.

If lawwell could indeed market smoke bombs that is exactly what he would do.

You'll probably get a phone call tomorrow for that slogan. Better than Saatchi and Saatchi that one :giggle1:

2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Well, Peter, my heart sinks when I see your face you fat selfish *.

bagforlife, Pablo87, CFC.1 and 3 others like this.
  3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * * some of the responses in here.

Lennys comments are not meant to be taken literally, but as an example of how the GB's actions are impacting the club as a whole, including the product on the park.

I said it previously and I'll repeat it for the cheap seats... the club, but more so the GB, need to grow the * up.

How do you fight fascism by provoking it? That Mussolini banner gave his rat granddaughter a voice... and more than likely, a boost in her mandate.

How do you bring change to a governing body by provoking it? The "* uefa" banner a few years back painted a * target on our back.

Arseholes throwing smoke bombs on the field, setting off bangers beside opposition goal keepers, smashing seats and throwing coins... isolated incidents maybe yes... but * happened none the less. And as lawell rightly pointed out at the agm... it gives wind address for those that oppose us.

The GB need to realise that they are NOT a seperate entity. The board, the squad, the management, the supporters, the GB...we're all supposed to be striving for something that NONE OF US will likely see again in our lifetime. The 10. We're all supposed to be pushing in the same direction.
    But the GB would rather act like Isaeli zionists and claim persecution and unfair treatment.

Everytime they do something stupid condemnation from ourselves comes qualified with "i love them/ i love what they bring/ i love this and that... BUT"...

When your good deeds get overshadowed by your misdemeanors its time to take a look in the mirror.

You dont need pyro to support your team. You dont need to be controversial to challenge injustice or fascism. You dont need to poke people in the eye to challenge their world perceptions, you dont need to break rules because you disagree with them, and you certainly do not need to keep * on your own doorstep because you feel you should have the right to.

Get it together, or get to *. Theres a season ticket waiting list.

Xatraps, joemc, Conlon and 10 others like this.
  4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Problem is you can't fix stupid. GB are not only turning their nose up at the club but other fans and have built some superiority complex over everyone else. Guarantee next time they are in, they will do it again. Itl only take a few stupid individuals in their ranks to get that whole section banned.

Regardless, plenty of fans waiting in the queue for season tickets.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  5. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Including * who wanted us to lose the cup final so Lenny wouldn't get the job. But 'you can't fix stupid."

Gabriel and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Well said Lenny x

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pity we didn't rack up £1.23million in fines before January 31 2018

8. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Excellent post!

People are also forgetting there are H&S issues, Insurance issues, Public Liability etc etc. All boring * really, but unfortunately it's the world in which we live. By all means look into safe pyro, endorsed by UEFA, but * off the board isn't going to make that happen.

joemc, Jeannie960 and LectersLuncheon like this.
  9. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Geez, good job the GB didn't do something like this. The Board would have a fit .......

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Lennons just a fact to really make us understand how much we have been fined... stating that we have received that many fines we could have bought a player. Nothing more...
    Thought everything Said by NL was absolutely bang on.

Love the Green Brigade, been a member on their Forum since the early days. Even love the political side of it when a lot dont.
    But as they have grew I feel they almost look down on the club and other fans. The club are being fined and threatened by Uefa because they are BREAKING THE RULES, its as simple as that. Keep the pyro away from the games.

The fine for singing '* Lazio' on the other hand is pathetic, same with there fine the other way. That for me is just the snowflake culture that we live in today!

11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Lenny states his opinion and all of a sudden he is a yes man, * tragic some of the * spouted about him on here.

FranceCelt and LectersLuncheon like this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Considering he wasn't even here for a lot of the fines I think we can reasonably assume it wasn't his opinion.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's the absolute cheek of claiming a few fines from UEFA cost us a player, all the while we sit on millions and miss out on players like McGinn.

I suppose if it wasn't for the fines Lawwell might have been able to bid more for McGinn, eh?

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think the point was just illustrative from Lennon. He's not saying that Lawwell isn't a tight bampot or that we couldn't have got McGinn.

We got Frimpong for 60% of what we've torched away (pun intended) on fines in the last decade. What was the better use of money?

As you've already said mate, there are some things worth fighting for. A bit of sparkly light and smoke (until deemed safe) isn't one of them.

FranceCelt and Callum McGregor like this.
  15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Yea if you look closely you can see Petes arm up his back making his mouth move like a puppet :52:

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just seems like divide and conquer mate.

I have a feeling the GB are already doomed and statements like that are designed to minimise the backlash.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I hope not. They bring a lot of positives to the club.

Brilliant for the atmosphere, chants, TIFOs, big attraction for young fans. Amazing work on social causes.

On those things I think the overwhelming majority of fans are with them and will stand with them against the board or authorities. As examples, every time the "No lateral movement" message came over the tannoy people in all 4 stands used to boo it or when plod used to come out with their GoPros and intimidation tactics they were again booed by all sides and told to do one.

Where they lose that majority support though is Pyro, in my opinion. For many it is indefensible and illogical to keep lighting it, knowing that it's going to cause us to be hauled over the coals again.

There's no reason that this needs to be the end of the GB but if they're unwilling to compromise on the issue of pyro then it might be; which I find both illogical on their part and sad at what we as a club would be losing.

Xatraps, Sean Daleer and JC Anton like this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't see the point in the GB issuing a statement saying they will continue with Pyro, when that's the main reason for their ban.

The GB bring so much, but would rather have the standing section full of fans rather than empty. The standing section is not owned by the GB. The Club will end up revoking and refunding the STs, for that section and reselling it.

The Club were pioneers in the rail seating in the UK, can't help but feel the GB is letting them down a bit by abusing safety with Pyro.

Got no issues with the banners, chants or displays.

Just knock the Pyro, until safe Pyro is devised. Not worth dying over.

FranceCelt likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't mind the Pyro whatsoever and think it looks class. It's done all around Europe and with no facts to back this up....it does feel like we're highlighted more than say....eastern Europe...but who knows..

It's obvious though that those of us who aren't fussed or love it....are in the minority and it's a fight the gb don't need to fight to be honest. I do agree with those saying that above. I think we could give them a miss and still have our cracking away support..

Feel like a lot are quick to kick them though and our support in general. Don't need to be hearing it from Lenny continually to be honest. He wasn't rinsing the gb or flares in Rome post match...that's for sure..

Fuckit. Give in with this one as we certainly don't need to be fighting each other in this important era...and the gb are a big part of it..

20. Ryan19

A wildly inaccurate figure.

StPauli1916 likes this.